- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Sensor-based Motion Planning Algorithm for High-rise Building Facade Cleaning of Built-in Guide Type Multi-Robot
Built-in guide 타입 다중 로봇의 고층 빌딩 외벽 청소를 위한 센서 기반 운동 계획 알고리즘
- Lee, Seung-Hoon (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Dong-Hyung (Hanyang University) ;
- Kang, Min-Sung (Hanyang University) ;
- Gil, Myung-Soo (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Young-Soo (Hanyang University) ;
- Back, Sung-Hoon (Hanyang University) ;
- Han, Chang-Soo (Hanyang University)
- 이승훈 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 김동형 (한양대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 강민성 (한양대학교 메카트로닉스 공학과) ;
- 길명수 (한양대학교 메카트로닉스 공학과) ;
- 김영수 (한양대학교 메카트로닉스 공학과) ;
- 백성훈 (한양대학교 메카트로닉스 공학과) ;
- 한창수 (한양대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2012.02.26
- Accepted : 2012.03.27
- Published : 2012.05.01
With the increasing number of high-rise and large-scale buildings, modern buildings are becoming intelligent, and are incurring high construction costs and requiring careful maintenance. Maintenance works for high-rise buildings significantly depend on human labor, unlike other construction processes that are gradually being automated. The resulting accidents may produce very high social and economic losses. To address this problem, herein, this paper proposes robotic building maintenance system using multi-robot concept, in specific, cleaning a building facade which is directly subjected to minimize human labor; that improves the process efficiency and economic feasibility. The sensor for detecting contamination of building's outer-wall glass is proposed; Kalman filter was used for estimating robots' status with the contamination of the window glass. Task allocation of the sensor based multi-robots for an effective way of task execution is introduced and the feasibility was verified through the simulations.
Supported by : 국토해양부, 지식경제부
- A. Spedding, Building maintenance economics and management, E. & F. N. Spon, Ltd, London, 1987.
- R. M. W. Horner, M. A. El-Haram, and A. K.Munns, "Building maintenance strategy: a new management approach," Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 273-280, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1108/13552519710176881
- A. H. Christer, "Modeling inspection policies for building maintenance," The Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 723-732, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1057/jors.1982.161
- A. Hunt, "Wind-tunnel measurements of surface pressures on cubic building models at several scales," Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 137-163, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-6105(82)90061-7
- D. W. Boggs, N. Hosoya, and L. Cochran, "Sources of torsional wind loading on tall buildings: Lessons from the wind tunnel," Advanced Technology in Structural Engineering, Proceedings of the 2000 Structures Congress & Exposition, Philadelphia, 2000.
- M. Armada, S. Gonzalez, M. A. Jimenez, and M. Prieto, "Application of CLAWAR Machines," International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 251-264, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364903022003009
- C. Hillenbrand, D. Schmidt, and K. Berns, "CROMSCI: development of a climbing robot with negative pressure adhesion for inspections," Industrial Robot: An International Journal, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 228-237, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/01439910810868552
- N. Elkmann, D. Kunst, T. Krueger, M. Lucke, T. Bohme, T. Felsch, and T. Sturze, "SIRIUSc: facade cleaning robot for a high-rise building in munich, germany," Proc. of the 7th International Conference Climbing and Walking Robots, Part IX, pp. 1033-1040, 2005.
- . Kochan, "CLAWAR highlights research progress on climbing and walking robots," Industrial Robot: An International Journal, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 112-119, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/01439910510582228
- B. Chu, K. Jung, C. Han, and D. Hong, "A survey of climbing robots: locomotion and adhesion," International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 633-647, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-010-0075-3
- H. Zhang, J. Zhang, G. Zong, W. Wang, and R. Liu, "Sky Cleaner 3: a real pneumatic climbing robot for glass-wall cleaning," IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 32-41, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MRA.2006.1598051
- T. H. Cormen, C. E. Leiserson, and R. L. Rivest, Introduction to algorithms,MITPress, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1997.
- P. Brucker, Scheduling Algorithms, 2nd Ed., Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1998.
- T. Yasuda and K. Ohkura, Multi-Robot Systems, Trends and Development,Yasuda T., Ohkura K. Eds., InTech, 2011.
- B. P. Gerkey and M. J. Mataric, "Multi-robot task allocation: Analyzing the complexity and optimality of key architectures," In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 3862-3868, 2003.
- B. P. Gerkey and M. J. Mataric, "A formal analysis and taxonomy of task allocation in multi-robot systems," International Journal of Robotics Research, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 939-954, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364904045564
- T. Yang, W. Choi, and J. Lee, "Localization of multiple robots in a wide area," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 293-299, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.3.293
- Y. H. Choi and S. J. Yoo, "Adaptive formation control of non-holonomic multiple mobile robots considering unknown slippage," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 5-11, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2010.16.1.005
- S. Lee, M. Kang, J. Wu, K. Shin, A. E. Traver, and C. Han, "A study on hybrid force/motion control for automated robotic building maintenance system," International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1468-1469, 2011.
- M. Kang, S. Lee, B. Chun, K. Shin, A. E. Traver, and C. Han, "Window contamination detection method for the robotic building maintenance system," International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 1432-1433, 2011.
- M. H. Kutner, C. J. Nachtsheim, and J. Neter, Applied linear regression models, 5th ed., McGraw-Hill/Irwin, 2004.
- D. Montgomery, Design and Analysis of Experiments, 6th ed., John Wiley and Sons, 2005.
- H. Rowlands and D. T. Pham, "Application of the Taguchi method to the design of a robot sensor," Robotica, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 607-617, 1997.
- K. Hafeez, H. Rowlands, G. Kanji, and S. Iqbal, "Design optimization using ANOVA," Journal of Applied Statistics, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 895-906, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/02664760220136203
- L. Fortuna, S. Graziani, A. Rizzo, and M. G.Xibilia, Soft sensors for monitoring and control of industrial processes, Advances in industrial control, Springer-Verlag, London, 2007.
- Overview of Design for Maintainability in Building and Construction Research vol.32, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)CF.1943-5509.0001116