- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Implementation of a Performance Evaluation Platform for Relative Navigation and Its Application to Performance Improvements
상대항법 성능 분석 플랫폼 개발 및 이를 이용한 성능 개선
- Choi, Heon-Ho (Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Shim, Woo-Seong (Korea Ocean Research and Development Institute) ;
- Cho, Sung-Lyong (Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Han, Young-Hoon (Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Park, Chan-Sik (Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Jeong (Department of Electronics Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- 최헌호 (충남대학교 전자전파정보통신공학과) ;
- 심우성 (한국해양연구원 해양안전방제연구부) ;
- 조성룡 (충남대학교 전자전파정보통신공학과) ;
- 한영훈 (충남대학교 전자전파정보통신공학과) ;
- 박찬식 (충북대학교 제어로봇공학과) ;
- 이상정 (충남대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2012.02.26
- Accepted : 2012.03.27
- Published : 2012.05.01
The positions of vessels in JTIDS where each vessel broadcasts its position, can be found using the relative navigation method. Besides positioning, the relative navigation could be adopted for identification friend or foe, tracking targets, monitoring battle field and etc. In this paper, we have explained the fundamental operation and technical structure for the relative navigation and implemented the simulation platform to evaluate the basic function and performance of the system in arbitrary environment. Using platform, the availability of relative navigation within the group network and the characteristic of the algorithm for position prediction was verified. Based on the simulation result, it was verified that EKF based navigation algorithm could produce great initial error and need quite convergence time. To improve the performance, we proposed a new navigation algorithm which uses the minimum norm estimation algorithm until the EKF converges. The simulation results reveal the relative navigation can be effectively used in the formation flight and collision avoidance system.
- B. W. Jeon and U. S. Kim "A proposal for constructing Korea Tactical Data Link System," National Defense Policy Research, pp. 167-191, 2003.
- W. R. Fried, "Principle and simulation of JTIDS relative navigation," IEEE Transaction on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. AES-14, no. 1, pp. 76-84, Jan. 1978. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAES.1978.308581
- W. W. Altricher, "JTIDS relative navigation and data registration," IEEE AES Magazine, vol. 7, pp. 42-50, Jun. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/62.145118
- M. Kayton and W. R. Fried, Avionics Navigation Systems, 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1997.
- R. G. Brown and P. Y. C. Hwang, Introduction to Random Signals and Applied Kalman Filtering, 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1997.
- E. W. Kamen and J. K. Su, Introduction to Optimal Estimation, Springer, London, 1999.