- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Behavior Realization of Multi-Robots Responding to User's Input Characters
사용자 입력 문자에 반응하는 군집 로봇 행동 구현
- Jo, Young-Rae (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Kil-Ho (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Jo, Sung-Ho (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Shin, In-Sik (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2012.02.26
- Accepted : 2012.03.27
- Published : 2012.05.01
This paper presents an approach to implement the behaviors of multi-robots responding to user's input characters. The robots are appropriately displaced to express any input characters. Using our method, any user can easily and friendly control multirobots. The responses of the robots to the user's input are intuitive. We utilize the centroidal Voronoi algorithm and the continuoustime Lloyd algorithm, which have popularly been used for the optimal sensing coverage problems. Collision protection is considered to be applied for real robots. LED sensors are used to identify positions of multi-robots. Our approach is evaluated through experiments with five mobile robots. When a user draw alphabets, the robots are deployed correspondingly. By checking position errors, the feasibility of our method is validated.
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- J. Sletzer, A. Das, R. Fierro, C. Taylor, V. Kumar, and J. Ostrowski, "Cooperative Localization and control for multi-robot manipulation," International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, vol. 2, pp. 631-636, 2001.
- D. Vallejo, P. Remagnino, D. N. monekosso, L. Jimenez, and C. Gonzalez, "A multi-agent architecture for multi-robot surveillance," Proceeding of International Conference on Computational Collective Intelligence, Semantic Web, Social Networks and Multiagent Systems, vol. 5796, pp. 266-278, 2009.
- M. N. Rooker and A. Birk, "Multi-robot exploration under the constraints of wireless networking," Control Engineering Practice, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 435-445, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2006.08.007
- R. N. Lass, M. J. Grauer, E. A. Sultanik, and W. C. Regli, "A decentralized approach to the art gallery problem," Proceeding of the 17th Fall Conference on Computational Geometry, pp. 81-82, 2007.
- W. Li and C. G. Cassandras, "Distributed cooperative coverage control of sensor networks," Proceeding of the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 2542-2547, 2005.
- G. J. Fan and S. Y. Jin, "Coverage problems in wireless sensor network: a survey," Journal of Networks, vol. 5, no. 9, pp. 1033-1040, 2010.
- G. L. Mariottini, F. Morbidi, D. Prattichizzo, N. Vander Valk, N. Michael, G. Pappas, and K. Daniilidis, "Vision-based Localization for leader-follower formation control," IEEE Transactions on Robotics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1431-1438, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2009.2032975
- A. K. Das, R. Fierror, V. Kumar, J. P. Ostrowski, J. Spletzer, and C. J. Taylor, "A vision-based formation control framework," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 813-825, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2002.803463
- T. Balch and R. C. Arkin, "Behavior-based formation control for multirobot teams," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 926-939, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.736776
- J. Cortes, S. Martinesz, and F. Bullo, "Coverage control for mobile sensing networks," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 243-255, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRA.2004.824698
- S. P. Lloyd, "Least squares quantization in PCM," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 28, pp. 129-137, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.1982.1056489
- L. C. A. Pimenta, V. Kumar, R. C. Mesquita, and G. A. Pereira, "Sensing and coverage for a network of heterogeneous robots," Proc. of IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 3947-3952, 2008.
- A. Gusrialdi, S. Hirche, T. Hatanaka, and M. Fujita, "Voronoi based coverage control with anisotropic sensors," American Control Conference, pp. 736-741, 2008.
- A. Renzaglia and A. Martinelli, "Distributed coverage control for a multi-robot team in a non-convex environment," Proceeding of IEEE IROS Workshop on Planning, Perception and Navigation for Intelligent Vehicles, pp. 76-81, 2009.
- Q. Du, V. Faber, and M. Gunzburger, "Centroidal voronoi tesselleations: applications and algorithms," SIAM Review, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 637-676, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1137/S0036144599352836
- R. M. Gray and D. L. Neuhuoff, "Quantization," IEEE Transactions on Information theory, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 2325-2383, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/18.720541
- J.-H. Kim, et al., Robot Soccer Engineering (in Korean), KAIST Press, 2002.
- A. Okabe, B. Boots, K. Sugihara, and S. N. Chju, Spatial Tesselations: Concepts and Applications of Voronoi Diagrams, Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, 2000.