- Volume 18 Issue 5
This paper presents a multi-robot path planner for environment exploration and monitoring. Robotics systems are being widely used as data measurement tools, especially in dangerous environment. For large scale environment monitoring, multiple robots are required in order to save time. The path planner should not only consider the collision avoidance but efficient coordination of robots for optimal measurements. Nonlinear spring force based planning algorithm is integrated with the spatial gradient following path planner. Perturbation/Correlation based estimation of spatial gradient is applied. An algorithm of tuning the stiffness for robot coordination is presented. The performance of the proposed algorithm is discussed with simulation results.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- I. F. Akyildiz, W. Su, Y. Sankarasubramaniam, and E. Cayirci, "Wireless sensor networks: a survey," Computer Networks Elsevier Journal, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 393-422, Mar. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1389-1286(01)00302-4
- K. Romer and M. Friedemann, "The design space of wireless sensor networks," IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 54-61, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2004.1368897
- S. Lee, "Perturbation/Correlation based optimization," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 875-881, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.9.875
- J. Bae, G.-W. Kim, and S. Lee, "Application of perturbation/ correlation based gradient estimation for environment exploration," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems (in Korean), vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 233-242, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-009-0209-5
- M. Krieger, J. B. Billeter, and L. Keller, "Ant-like task allocation and recruitment in cooperative robots," Nature, vol. 406, pp. 992-995, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1038/35023164
- S. Kim, S. Jo, S. Park, D. Kim, and C.-K. Ryoo, "A formation guidance law design based on relative-range information for swam flight," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 87-93, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2012.18.2.087
- S. A. Bortoff, "Path planning for UAVs," American Control Conference, pp. 364-368, Chicago, U.S.A., Jun. 2000.
- E. MacArthur and C. D. Crane, "Compliant formation of a multi-vehicle system," IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation, pp. 479-484, Jacksonville, U.S.A. Jun. 2007.
- P. Urcola, L. Riazuelo, M. T. Lazaro, and L. Montano, "Cooperative navigation using environment compliant robot formation," IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2789-2794, Nice, France, Sep. 2008.