- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Expression Analysis of MiR-21, MiR-205, and MiR-342 in Breast Cancer in Iran
- Savad, Shahram (Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)) ;
- Mehdipour, Parvin (Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)) ;
- Miryounesi, Mohammad (Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)) ;
- Shirkoohi, Reza (Department of Genetics and Genomics, Cancer Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)) ;
- Fereidooni, Forouzandeh (Department of Pathology, Cancer Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)) ;
- Mansouri, Fatemeh (Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS)) ;
- Modarressi, Mohammad Hossein (Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS))
- Published : 2012.03.31
MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are short non-coding RNA molecules characterized by their regulatory roles in cancer and gene expression. We analyzed the expression of miR-21, miR-205, and miR-342 in 59 patients with breast cancer. Samples were divided into three different groups according to their immunohistochemistry (IHC) classification: ER- positive and/or PR-positive group (
- Adachi R, Horiuchi S, Sakurazawa Y, et al (2011). ErbB2 downregulates microRNA-205 in breast cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun, 411, 804-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2011.07.033
- Ambros V (2003). MicroRNA pathways in flies and worms: Growth,death, fat, stress, and timing. Cell, 113, 673-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0092-8674(03)00428-8
- Arteaga C, (2003) Trastuzumab, an appropriate first-line singleagent therapy for HER2/NEU-overexpressing metastatic breast cancer. Breast. Cancer Res, 5, 96-100. https://doi.org/10.1186/bcr574
- Blenkiron C, Goldstein LD, Thorne NP, et al (2007). Micro-RNA expression profiling of human breast cancer identifies new markers of tumor subtype, Genome Biol, 8, 214. https://doi.org/10.1186/gb-2007-8-5-214
- Chan JA, Krichevsky AM, Kosik KS (2005). MicroRNA-21 Is an Antiapoptotic Factor in Human Glioblastoma Cells. Cancer Res, 65, 6029-33. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-05-0137
- Cotran R.S, Kumar V, Robbins SL (1989). Female breast, In: R.S. Cotran, V. Kumar and S.L. Robbins.Robbins pathologic basis of disease. 4th edition. WB Saunders, Philadelphia, pp. 1183-204.
- Gasco M, Shami S, Crook T, et al (2002).The p53 pathway in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res, 4, 70-6.
- Ghaffari SR, Sabokbar T, Dastan J, et al (2011). Her2 Amplification Status in Iranian Breast Cancer Patients:Comparison of Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Fluorescencein situ Hybridisation (FISH). APJCP, 12, 1031-4.
- Huang GL, Zhang XH, Guo GL, et al (2009). Clinical significance of miR-21 expression in breast cancer:SYBRGreen I-based real-time RT-PCR study of invasive ductal carcinoma. Oncol Rep, 21, 673-9.
- Iorio MV, Ferracin M, Liu CG, et al (2005). MicroRNA gene expression deregulation in human breast cancer. Cancer Res, 65, 7065-70. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-05-1783
- Jacob S, Praz F (2002). DNA mismatch repair defects: role in colorectal carcinogenesis. Biochimi, 84, 27-47. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9084(01)01362-1
- Lewis BP, Burge CB, Bartel DP, et al (2005). Conserved seed pairing, often flanked by adenosines, indicates that thousands of human\genes are microRNA targets. Cell, 120, 15-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2004.12.035
- Li D, Marchenko ND, Schulz R, et al (2011). Functional inactivation of endogenous MDM2 and CHIP by HSP90 causes aberrant stabilization of mutant p53 in human cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res, 9, 577-88. https://doi.org/10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-10-0534
- Lowery AJ, Miller N, Devaney A, et al (2009). MicroRNA signatures predict oestrogen receptor, progesterone receptor and HER2/neu receptor status in breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res, 11, 27-42.
- Mattie MD, Benz CC, Bowers J, et al (2006). Optimized highthroughput microRNA expression profiling provides novel biomarker assessment of clinical prostate and breast cancer biopsies. Mol Cancer, 5, 24-9. https://doi.org/10.1186/1476-4598-5-24
- McCaskill-Stevens W, Abrams JS (2011). Comorbidities in the aging breast cancer population: are current assessments leading to improved outcomes? J Natl Cancer Inst, 103, 1072-83. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djr239
- Noguchi S, Motomura K, Inaji H (1993). Clonal analysis of fibroadenoma and phyllodes tumor of the breast. Cancer Res, 56, 4071-4.
- Obernosterer G, Leuschner PJ, Alenius M, et al (2006). Posttranscriptional regulation of microRNA expression. RNA, 12, 1161-7. https://doi.org/10.1261/rna.2322506
- Papagiannakopoulos T, Shapiro A, Kosik KS (2008). Suppressive Pathways in Glioblastoma Cells, Cancer Res, 68 ,8164-72. https://doi.org/10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-08-1305
- Pfaffl MW, Horgan GW, Dempfle L, (2002). Relative expression software tool (REST) for group-wise comparison and statistical analysis of relative expression results in real-time PCR. Nucleic Acids Res, 30, 36. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/30.9.e36
- Qi L, Bart J, Tan LP, et al (2009). Expression of miR-21 and its targets (PTEN, PDCD4, TM1) in flat epithelial atypia of the breast in relation to ductal carcinoma in situ and invasive carcinoma, BMC Cancer, 9, 163-9. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-9-163
- Rabien A, Sanchez-Ruderisch H, Schulz P, et al (2011). The tumor suppressor p16 (INK4a) controls oncogenic K-Ras function in human pancreatic cancer cells. Cancer Sci, 10, 1349-56.
- Radojicic J, Zaravinos A, Vrekoussis T, et al (2011). MicroRNA expression analysis in triple-negative (ER, PR and Her2/neu) breast cancer. Cell Cycle, 10, 507-17. https://doi.org/10.4161/cc.10.3.14754
- Ramakers C, Ruijter JM, Deprez RH, et al (2003). Assumption-free analysis of quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) data. Neurosci Lett, 339, 62-6. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-3940(02)01423-4
- Rask L, Balslev E, Jorgensen S, et al (2011). High expression of miR-21 in tumor stroma correlates with increased cancer cell proliferation in human breast cancer. APMIS, 119, 663-73. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0463.2011.02782.x
- Rhodes A, Jasani B, Anderson E, et al (2002). Evaluation of HER-2/neu Immunohistochemical Assay Sensitivity and Scoring on Formalin-Fixed and Paraffin-Processed Cell Lines and Breast Tumors :A Comparative Study Involving Results From Laboratories in 21 Countries. Am J Clin Pathol, 118, 408-17. https://doi.org/10.1309/97WN-W6UX-XJWT-02H2
- Ruijter JM, Ramakers C, Hoogaars WM, et al (2009). Amplification efficiency: linking baseline and bias in the analysis of quantitative PCR data. Nucleic Acids Res, 37, 45. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkp045
- Tang F, Hajkova P, Barton SC, et al (2006). Micro-RNA expression profiling of single whole embryonic stem cells. Nucleic Acids Res, 34, 9. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gnj009
- Xu J, Wang B, Zhang Y, et al (2011). Clinical implications for BRCA gene mutation in breast cancer. Mol Biol Rep, 5, 2869.
- Epithelial mesenchymal transition from a natural gestational orchestration to a bizarre cancer disturbance vol.104, pp.1, 2012, https://doi.org/10.1111/cas.12074
- Role of MYH Polymorphisms in Sporadic Colorectal Cancer in China: A Case-control, Population-based Study vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6403
- Pemetrexed as a Component of First-, Second- and Third-line Chemotherapy in Treating Patients with Metastatic Lung Adenocarcinoma vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.11.6663
- Tumor Suppressive Function of mir-205 in Breast Cancer Is Linked to HMGB3 Regulation vol.8, pp.10, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0076402
- Insights into the Diverse Roles of miR-205 in Human Cancers vol.15, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.2.577
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Value of miR-205 in Colorectal Cancer vol.15, pp.9, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.9.4033
- miR-205 and miR-200c: Predictive Micro RNAs for Lymph Node Metastasis in Triple Negative Breast Cancer vol.17, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.4048/jbc.2014.17.2.143
- miR-342 Regulates BRCA1 Expression through Modulation of ID4 in Breast Cancer vol.9, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0087039
- MicroRNA expression profiling identifies decreased expression of miR-205 in inflammatory breast cancer vol.29, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1038/modpathol.2016.38
- Pathogenesis of Breast Cancer Metastasis to Brain: a Comprehensive Approach to the Signaling Network vol.53, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12035-014-9023-z
- Autophagy-Regulating microRNAs and Cancer vol.7, pp.2234-943X, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2017.00065
- MicroRNAs and Triple Negative Breast Cancer vol.14, pp.11, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms141122202
- Direct Determination of miR-21 in Total RNA Extracted from Breast Cancer Samples Using Magnetosensing Platforms and the p19 Viral Protein as Detector Bioreceptor vol.26, pp.10, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1002/elan.201400317
- MicroRNA-342 inhibits the progression of glioma by directly targeting PAK4 vol.38, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2017.5783