- Volume 13 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Socioeconomic Burden of Cancer in Member Countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) - Stakeholder Meeting Report
- Jan, Stephen (The George Institute for Global Health) ;
- Kimman, Merel (The George Institute for Global Health) ;
- Kingston, David (School of Medical Sciences, University of New South Wales) ;
- Woodward, Mark (The George Institute for Global Health)
- 발행 : 2012.02.29
The ACTION (Asean CosTs In ONcology) Study will be one of the largest observational studies of the burden of cancer ever conducted in Asia. The study will involve 10,000 newly diagnosed patients with cancer and will be carried out across eight low- and middle income countries within the ASEAN region (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Myanmar, Viet Nam, Laos and the Philippines). Patients will be interviewed three times over 12 months to assess their health, use of health care services, out of pocket costs related to their illness, social and quality of life issues. The project is a collaboration between the George Institute for Global Health, the ASEAN Foundation and Roche. The aim of the study is to assess the health and socioeconomic impact of cancer on patients in ASEAN communities, and the factors that may impact on these outcomes.
Cancer;burden;costs;ASEAN;low/middle income countries
- Heeley E, Anderson CS, Huang Y, et al: for the China QUEST Investigators (2009). Role of health insurance in averting economic hardship in families following acute stroke in China. Stroke 40, 2149-56 https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.108.540054
- Kimman M, Jan S, Kingston D, et al (2011). The socioeconomic impact of cancer in member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN): the ACTION study protocol. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 421-5.
- Kimman M, Norman R, Jan S, Kingston D, Woodward M (2011). The burden of cancer in member countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 13, 411-20.
- Lancet (2010). Lancet Asia Research Forum http://www. thelancetconferences.com/cancer/forum-highlights.html
- World Health Organization (2010). http://www.who.int/ mediacentre/factsheets/fs297/en/index.html
- The Burden of Cancer in Member Countries of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) vol.13, pp.2, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2012.13.2.411
- Characteristics of Liver Cancer at Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital in Phnom Penh, Cambodia vol.16, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.1.35
- Burden of Cancers Related to Smoking among the Indonesian Population: Premature Mortality Costs and Years of Potential Life Lost vol.16, pp.16, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2015.16.16.6903