- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluating Applicability of Maslach Burnout Inventory among University Hospitals Nurses
말라크 소진 측정도구(Maslach Burnout Inventory)의 적용가능성 평가
- Kang, Jeong-Hee (Department of Public Health, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Chul-Woung (Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2011.08.08
- Accepted : 2012.02.09
- Published : 2012.02.29
Purpose: This Study was to examine to applicability of the Maslach Burnout Inventory on measuring burnout of the nurses who works in Korean university hospitals. Methods: The sample included 200 nurses and nurse managers. We used 22-item Maslach Burnout Inventory to evaluate the reported burnout. We evaluated the convergent validity through the factor analysis, and evaluated the discriminant validity through the Pearson's correlation analysis. Also, we evaluated the reliability for three subscales of Maslach Burnout Inventory with the Cronbach's
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Aiken, L. H., Clarke, S. P., & Sloane, D. M. (2002). Hospital staffing, organization, and quality of care: Cross-national findings. International Journal for Quality Health Care, 14 , 5-14.
- Aiken, L. H., Clarke, S. P., Sloane, D. M., Sochalski, J. S., & Silber, J. H. (2002). Hospital nurse staffing and patient mortality, nurse burnout, and job dissatisfaction. JAMA, 288, 1987-1993. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.288.16.1987
- Beckstead, J. W. (2002). Confirmatory factor analysis of the Maslach burnout inventory among Florida nurses. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 39 , 785-792. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7489(02)00012-3
- Byun, D. S., & Yom, Y. H. (2009). Factors affecting the burnout of clinical nurses: Focused on emotional labor. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 15 , 444-454.
- Chae, S. I. (1996). Social science research methodology (2nd ed.). Korea: Hakhyeonsa.
- Firth, H., McIntee, J., McKeown, P., & Britton, P. (1985). Maslach burnout inventory: Factor structure and norms for British nursing staff. Psychological Reports, 57 (1), 147-150. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1918.104.22.168
- Freudenberger, H. J. (1974). Staff burn-out. Journal of Social Issues, 30 (1), 159-165.
- Genoud, P. A., Brodard, F., & Reicherts, M. (2009). Facteurs de stress et burnout chez les enseignants de l'école primaire Stress factors and burnout in elementary school teachers. Revue Europeenne de Psychologie Appliquée, 59, 37-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.erap.2007.03.001
- Kanai-Pak, M., Aiken, L. H., Sloane, D. M., & Poghosyan, L. (2008). Poor work environments and nurse inexperience are associated with burnout, job dissatisfaction and quality deficits in Japanese hospitals. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 17 , 3324-3329. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2008.02639.x
- Kanste, O., Miettunen, J., & Kyngas, H. (2006). Factor structure of the Maslach burnout inventory among Finnish nursing staff. Nursing and Health Sciences, 8 , 201-207. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1442-2018.2006.00283.x
- Kim, Y. H., Choi, J. H., & Kim, K. E. (2009). The impact of job overload, relationship with senior on nurses' intention to quit their jobs: Mediating role of emotional exhaust. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 15 , 372-381.
- Kristensen, T, S., Borritz, M., Villadsen, E., & Christensen, K. B. (2005). The Copenhagen burnout inventory: A new tool for the assessment of burnout. Work and stress, 19 , 192-207. https://doi.org/10.1080/02678370500297720
- Maslach, C., & Jackson, S. E. (1981). The measurement of experienced burnout. Journal of Occupational Behavior, 2 , 99-113. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.4030020205
- Park, C. S. (2002). Factors influencing on burnout experience in working nurses at hospital. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 8, 550-558.
- Park, S. E., & Han, S. J. (2006). An empirical study on the burn-out of nurses based on the job demand-control model. Korea Society of Hospital Administration, 11 (2), 32-60.
- Poghosyan, L., Aiken, L. H., & Sloane, D. M. (2009). Factor structure of the Maslach burnout inventory: An analysis of data from large scale cross-sectional surveys of nurses from eight countries. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 46 , 894-902. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2009.03.004
- Richardsen, A., & Martinussen, M. (2004). The Maslach burnout inventory: Factorial validity and consistency across occupational groups in Norway. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 77 , 377-384. https://doi.org/10.1348/0963179041752691
- Schaufeli, W. B., & Enzmann, D. (1998). The burnout companion to study and practice: A critical analysis. London: Taylor & Francis.
- Vahey, D. C., Aiken, L. H., Sloane, D. M., Clarke, S. P., & Vargas, D. (2004). Nurse burnout and patient satisfaction. Medical Care, 42 , 57-66.
- Ethics in the Intensive Care Unit vol.78, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.4046/trd.2015.78.3.175
- Influences of Burnout, Emotional labor, and Positive Psychological Capital on Job Satisfaction of Nurses vol.23, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2017.23.2.201
- Development of the Transition Shock Scale for Newly Graduated Nurses vol.47, pp.5, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2017.47.5.589
- A Multicenter Study Investigating Empathy and Burnout Characteristics in Medical Residents with Various Specialties vol.31, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2016.31.4.590
- Therapeutic Effects of Leuprorelin (Leuprolide Acetate) in Sexual Offenders with Paraphilia vol.33, pp.37, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2018.33.e231