- Volume 48 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The optimum design for 75.5k DWT bulk carrier using the multi-object modified artificial life algorithm by CSR rule
CSR규정에 따른 수정 인공생명 알고리즘을 이용한 75.5k DWT 산적화물선의 최적설계
- Bae, Dong-Myung (Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Systems Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Hag-Soo (Transport Machinery Examination Division, Korean Intellectual Property Office) ;
- Zakki, Ahmad Fauzan (Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Systems Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2012.03.22
- Accepted : 2012.05.01
- Published : 2012.05.31
The CSR rule was defined by IACS as the unified rule for a commercial ship like a bulk carrier and a tanker. It have been required more strict conditions for various parts like loading conditions, the local and girder strength, fatigue strength, FEM for the ship rule. It was changed in many parts of the ship rules. In this paper, the mid-parts of 17.5K DWT bulk carrier were optimized by the CSR rule. On the other hand, the modified artificial life algorithms with multi-object functions were developed for optimizing the scantling. It is possible to find multi-global optimum solutions in the multi-object functions. And it is faster and efficient than the artificial life algorithm. First, to be optimizing the scantling and the weight by CSR rule, that is calculated by the CSR rule. The next, the result is re-calculated by the modified artificial life algorithm with multi-object functions. The optimized results which are satisfied with the CSR rule like the minimum size and the thickness of stiffener and the minimum cost have been searched by the optimizing algorithm. And the results have been compared with the non-optimizing results.
Artificial life algorithm;CSR rule;Multi-object function
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Kim, Y.S., 2010. Optimization of structure weight considering the transverse strength of CSR regulation double hull oil tanker. M.Sc Thesis, Mokpo National University, Korea. pp. 39.
- Jang, S.H. and B.J. Yoon, 2004. Evolutionary multiobjective optimization algorithm for uniform distributed pareto optimal solutions. Trans. Korea Inform. Proc. Soc. 11-B (7), 841－848.
- Song, J.D. and B.S. Yang, 2006. Development of pareto artificial life optimization algorithm. Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. 30 (11), 1358－1368. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2006.30.11.1358
- Kim, H.S., 2009. Optimization of bubble generation in the element free galerkin method using modified artificial life algorithm. Ph.D. Dissertation, Pukyong National University, Korea. pp. 132.
- Chung, S.I., N.H. Kim and S.P. Jang, 2001. Application of genetic algorithm-based relay search method for structure design-strengthening problems. Comp. Structural Eng. Inst. Korea, Spring, 223－232.
- Yang, B.S., J.B. Song, Y. C. Kim and S.J. Lee, 2001. Development of artificial life algorithm for optimum design. J. Kor. Soc. Mech. Eng., book A, No.25－ 22, 173－181.
- Kim, J.H., J. S. Lee, H.J. Lee and B.H. Gee, 2002. Micro genetic algorithms in structural optimization and their applications. Comp. Structural Eng. Inst. Korea, Spring, 225－232.