- Volume 48 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on fluctuation of the fishing grounds of target fishes by the Korean large purse seine fishery
대형선망어업의 주요 목표종의 어장 변동
- Lee, Jong-Hee (Fisheries Resources Research Division, NFRDI) ;
- Lee, Jae-Bong (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Institute) ;
- Zhang, Chang-Ik (Division of Marine Production System management, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kang, Su-Kyung (Fisheries Resources Research Division, NFRDI) ;
- Choi, Young-Min (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Institute) ;
- Lee, Dong-Woo (Fisheries Resources Research Division, NFRDI)
- 이종희 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 이재봉 (동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 장창익 (부경대학교 해양생산시스템관리학부) ;
- 강수경 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 최영민 (동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 이동우 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과)
- Received : 2012.05.01
- Accepted : 2012.05.16
- Published : 2012.05.31
Korean large purse seine fishery catches chub mackerel, sardine, jack mackerel, Spanish mackerel, etc. which are mainly pelagic fish species. The proportion of chub mackerel was 60% over in Korean large purse seine fishery. Sea surface temperature (SST) increased
Korean large purse seine fishery;Chub mackerel;Bluefin tuna;SST;Korean waters
Grant : 연근해 어업자원 평가 및 관리 연구
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Cheung, W.W.L., V.W.Y. Lam, J.L. Sarmiento, K. Kearney, R. Watson and D. Pauly, 2009. Projecting global marine biodiversity impacts under climate change scenarios. Fish and Fisheries, 10, 235－251. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-2979.2008.00315.x
- Cheung, W.W.L., J. Dunne, J.L. Sarmiento and D. Pauly, 2011. Integrating ecophysiology and plankton dynamics into projected maximum fisheries catch potential under climate change in the Northeast Atlantic. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 68 (6), 1008－1018. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsr012
- Cho, K.D., 1981. Studies on the distribution and fluctuation of the purse－seine fishing grounds in relation to oceanographic condition in the East China Sea. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 14 (4), 239－252.
- Cho, K.D., C.H. Hong and Y.M. Kim, 1984. The relationship between the fishing grounds and oceanographic condition associated with fluctuation of mackerels catches in the East China Sea. Journal of Korean Society of Fishery Technology, 20 (2), 83 －90.
- Dulvy, N.K., S.I. Rogers, S. Jennings, V. Stelzenmübller, S.R. Dye and H.R. Skjoldal, 2008. Climate change and deepening of the North Sea fish assemblage: a biotic indicator of warming seas. Journal of Applied Ecology, 45 (4), 1029－1039. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2664.2008.01488.x
- Graham, N.E., 1995. Simulation of recent global temperature trend. Science, 267 (5198), 666－671. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.267.5198.666
- Hwang, S.D., C.I. Baik, J.H. Park and K.H. Choi, 2001. Seasonal and annual variations of catch by large purse seine off Korea. J. Kor. Soc. Ocean., 6 (3), 164－179.
- IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), 2007. Climate Change 2007: the physical science basis. Contribution of working group I to the fourth assessment. In: Solomon S, Qin D, Manning M, Chen Z, Marquis M, Averyt KB, Tignor M, Miller HL (ed) Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. pp. 1008.
- Jeong, H.D., J.D. Hwang, K.K. Jung, S. Heo, K.T. Sung, W.J. Go, J.Y. Yang and S.W. Kim, 2003. Long term trend of change in water temperature and salinity in coastal waters around Korean peninsula. Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, 9 (2), 59－64.
- Kim, J.T., D.G. Jeong and H.K. Rho, 1999. Environmental character and catch fluctuation of set net ground in the coastal water of Hanlim in Cheju Island. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 32 (1), 105－111.
- Kim, M., J. Shin, H. Lee and W. Kwon, 2008. An uncertainty assessment of AOGCM and future projection over East Asia. Atmosphere, 18 (4), 507-524.
- Kwon, H. and J. Yoo, 2010. Korea's report on the catch of pacific bluefin tuna, domestic measures undertaken for the Pacific bluefin tuna fisheries in Korean waters. WCPFC－NC6/DP－04, Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission, Northern committee Sixth Regular Session, September 2010, Fukuoka, Japan. pp. 7－10.
- Lee, H. and H. Kim, 2011. Variation of fisheries conditions of mackerel (Scomber japonicus) fishing ground for large purse seine fisheries. J. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 47 (2), 108 - 117. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.108
- Lee, S., B. Kim and D. Chang, 2011. Long-term variation in catch of Spanish mackerel (Scomberomorus niphonius) related to environmental change in Korean waters. Kor. Soc. Fish. Tech., 47 (2), 99 - 107. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2011.47.2.099
- Moon, J.Y., M. Kim, D. Choi, K. Boo and W. Kwon, 2008. Possible changes of East Asian summer monsoon by time slice experiment. Atmosphere, 18 (1), 55 - 70.
- Mueter, F.J., N.A. Bond, J.N. Ianelli and A.B. Hollowed, 2011. Expected declines in recruitment of walleye pollock (Theragra chalcogramma) in the eastern Bring Sea under future climate change. ICES J. Mar. Sci., 68 (6), 1284－1296. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsr022
- NFRDI, 2000. Studies on the TAC－based Fisheries ManagementSystem and Quota Allocations for Jointly Exploited Fisheries Resources under the EEZ Regime. Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, pp. 542
- Nye, J.A., J.S. Link, J.A. Hare and W.J. Overholtz, 2009. Changing spatial distribution of fish stocks in relation to climate and population size on the Northeast United States continental shelf. MEPS, 393, 111 - 129. https://doi.org/10.3354/meps08220
- Park, J.H., K.S. Hwang and Y.S. Kang, 2000. Variation of fishing condition and the winter warming in Korean waters. J. Korean Soc. Fish. Res., 3 (3), 77 - 87.
- Sokal, R.R., and J.F. Rohlf, 1994. Biometry: The Principle and Practices of Statistics in Biological Research. 3rd ed., W. H. Freeman, London. pp. 586 - 593.
- Suh, Y., L. Jang and J. Hwang, 2003. Anomalous variation of the oceanic features around Korean waters related to the global change. J. of the Environmental Sciences, 12 (3), 257 - 263. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2003.12.3.257
- Yeh, S. and C. Kim, 2010. Recent warming in the Yellow/East China Sea during winter and the associated atmospheric circulation. Con. Shelf Res., 30 (13), 1428 - 1434. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csr.2010.05.002
- Yeh, S., Y. Park, H.S. Min, C. Kim and J. Lee, 2010. Analysis of characteristics in the sea surface temperature variability in the East/Japan Sea. Progress in Oceanography, 85 (3-4), 213 - 223. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pocean.2010.03.001
- Yang, Y.J., S.H. Kim, H.K. Rho and D.G. Jeong, 1999. Relationship between SST fronts and purse-seine fishing grounds in the South-West Sea of Korea and the northern area of the East China Sea. J. Kor. Fish. Soc., 32 (6), 618 - 623.
- Species composition and cluster analysis of the communities caught by dredge in relation to tooth spacing and mesh size in the coastal waters of Gangneung, Korea vol.50, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.530