- Volume 45 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Annual Maximum Rainfall Series and Annual Maximum Independent Rainfall Event Series
연최대치 계열과 연최대치 독립 호우사상 계열의 비교
- Yoo, Chul-Sang (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, College of Engineering, Korea University) ;
- Park, Cheol-Soon (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, College of Engineering, Korea University)
- Received : 2011.05.27
- Accepted : 2012.02.01
- Published : 2012.05.31
This study investigated the differences between annual maximum series and annual maximum independent rainfall event series with relatively short and long rainfall durations. Annual maximum independent rainfall events were selected by applying various IETDs and thresholds to the hourly rainfall data in Seoul for the duration from 1961 to 2010. Annual maximum independent rainfall event series decided were then compared with the conventional annual maximum series. Summarizing the results is as follows. First, the effect of IETD and threshold was not beyond the expected level. For example, as the IETD increases, the frequencies of independent rainfall events decreased similarly in their rate for both with short and long durations. However, as the threshold increases, the frequency of those with rather long durations decreased much higher. Second, The mean rainfall intensity of the independent rainfall events was found to remain constant regardless of their duration. This indicates that the annual maximum rainfall intensity could be found in a rainfall event with longer durations. Lastly, the difference between the annual maximum rainfall series and the annual maximum independent rainfall event series with rather short rainfall durations was found significantly large, which decreases with longer durations. This result indicates that the conventional data analysis method, especially for small basins with short concentration time, could lead an unrealistic design rainfall with little possibility of occurrence.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 건설교통부 (2000). 한국 확률강우량도의 작성.
- 국토해양부 (2010). 설계홍수량 산정 선진화 기획 연구보고서.
- 권재호, 박무종, 김중훈 (2004). "비점오염원 산정을 위한 강우 분석." 한국수자원학회 2004 학술발표회, 한국수자원학회, pp. 666-670.
- 김남원 (1998). 강우의시 공간분포특성: 점강우모형매개 변수 추정. 한국건설기술연구원.
- 박상우, 전병호, 이신재, 박양래, 김명수 (2005). "설계강우의 임계지속기간산정을 위한 수문요소의 영향분석." 한국수자원학회 2005년도 학술발표회 논문집, 한국수자원학회, pp. 571-577.
- 양희성 (2003). 설계강우의 임계지속기간에 미치는 수문요소들의 영향에 관한 연구. 석사학위논문, 한양대학교, pp. 46-47.
- 윤용남 (2009). 수문학. 청문각, pp. 1023.
- 이동률, 정상만 (1992). "한강유역 강우의 시.공간적 특성." 한국수자원학회지, 한국수자원학회, 제25권, 제4호, pp. 75-85.
- 이정식, 신창동, 이봉석 (2008). "설계강우의 임계지속기간과 유역특성인자의 상관성 분석." 한국방재학회 2008년도 학술발표회 논문집, 한국방재학회, pp. 711-714.
- 정종호, 윤용남 (2009). 수자원설계실무, 구미서관, pp. 68.
- Adams, B.J., and Papa, F. (2000). Urban Stormwater Management Planning with Analytical Probabilistic Models. John Wiley & Sons, INC., pp. 55-68.
- EPA (1986). Methodology for Analysis of Detention Basins for Control of Urban Runoff Quality.
- Kao, S-C., and Govindaraju, R.S. (2007). "A bivariate frequency analysis of extreme rainfall with implications for design." Journal of Geophysical Research Atmospheres, Vol. 112, D13119, DOI: 10.1029/2007JD008522. https://doi.org/10.1029/2007JD008522
- Lee, C.H., Kim, T-W., Chung, G., Choi, M., and Yoo, C. (2010). "Application of bivariate frequency analysis to the derivation of rainfall-frequency curves." Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, Vol. 24, pp. 389-397. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00477-009-0328-9
- Levy, B., and McCuen, R. (1999). "Assessment of storm duration for hydrologic design." Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 209-213. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0699(1999)4:3(209)
- Yeu, S. (2000). "The Gumbel mixed model applied to storm frequency analysis." Water Resourses Management, Vol. 14, pp. 377-389. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011124423923
- Yue, S., and Rasmussen, P. (2002). "Bivariate frequency analysis: discussion of some useful concepts in hydrological application." Hydrological Processes, Vol. 16, pp. 2881-2898. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.1185
- Bivariate frequency analysis of rainfall intensity and duration for urban stormwater infrastructure design vol.553, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2017.08.004
- Comparison of Design Rainfalls From the Annual Maximum and the Non-annual Exceedance Series vol.34, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.2.0469
- Analysis on the Characteristics about Representative Temporal-distribution of Rainfall in the Annual Maximum Independent Rainfall Events at Seoul using Beta Distribution vol.46, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2013.46.4.361
- Storm event-based frequency analysis method vol.49, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.2166/nh.2017.175