- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Preparation and oxygen control of Ti-6Al-4V alloys by recycling dental pure Ti scraps
치과용(齒科用) 순(純) 타이타늄 스크랩을 재활용(再活用)한 Ti-6Al-4V 합금(合金)의 제조(製造) 및 산소(酸素) 제어(制御)
- Received : 2011.11.21
- Accepted : 2011.12.30
- Published : 2012.02.28
The Ti-6Al-4V alloys were prepared by recycling of dental Ti pure scraps using vacuum arc melting process, and their physical properties were evaluated the Ti-6Al-4V alloys with different oxygen concentrations. For the preparation of Ti-6Al-4V alloys, Ti pure scraps used for dental implant were utilized as a raw material, and their different oxygen concentrations were ranged from G1 to G4 grade in ASTM standards. It was confirmed that the weight loss of Al in the composition of Ti-6Al-4V alloy could be controlled under the Ar pressure of 875 torr during the melting of alloy. The oxygen concentrations of the Ti-6Al-4V alloys were ranged from 1170 to 3340 ppm. The vickers hardness change of the Ti-6Al-4V alloys showed a similar behavior with that of pure Ti. As a result, we confirmed a possibility of preparation of Ti-6Al-4V alloy by recycling of dental Ti scraps using vacuum arc melting process in this study.
Titanium;Dental Scrap;Vacuum arc melting;Ti-6Al-4V;Oxygen
- Oh J. M. et al., 2011: Oxygen Effect on the Mechanical Properties and Lattice Strain of Ti and Ti-6Al-4V, Met. Mater. Int., 17(5), pp. 733-736. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-011-1006-2
- Reitz J. et al., 2011: Recycling of gamma titanium aluminide scrap from investment casting operations, Inermetallics, 19, pp. 762-768. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intermet.2010.11.015
- Zheng H. et al., 2008: Recovery of titanium metal scrap by utilizing chloride wastes, J. Alloys Compds., 461, pp. 459- 466. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2007.07.025
- Vutova K. et al., 2010: Investigation of electron beam melting and refining of titanium and tantalum scrap, J. Mater. Processing Technology, 210, pp. 1089-1094. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2010.02.020
- Burkhard R. et al., 1994: Recycling of metals from waste with thermal plasma, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 10, pp. 11-16. https://doi.org/10.1016/0921-3449(94)90033-7
- Wasz M. L. et al., 1989: The effect of hydrogen on mechanical properties of oxygen-strengthened titanium, Scripta Metallurgica, 23(12), pp. 2039-2042. https://doi.org/10.1016/0036-9748(89)90228-7
- 박표천 외, 1991: Plasma Arc Melting법에 의한 타이타늄 및 TiAl금속간화합물의 연속주조에 관한 연구, 대한금속재료학회지, 29(4), pp. 416-423.
- 최국선, 2009: 타이타늄 스크랩으로부터 고순도 타이타늄 제조 기술개발, 한국지질자원연구원, 최종보고서.
- 심건주 외, 1995: 산소/철분의 함량변화가 타이타늄의 기계적 성질에 미치는 영향, 대한금속재료학회지, 33(1), pp. 14-20.
- H. Sibum, Titanium and Titanium alloys, 2003, p. 233, WILEY-VCH, Germany.
Supported by : 한국지질자원연구원