- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Ship's Speed for Reducing the Fuel Oil Consumption in Actual Ships
선박의 연료소모량 절감을 위한 항해 속력에 관한 연구
- Received : 2011.07.29
- Accepted : 2012.02.23
- Published : 2012.02.28
Recently, due to the rapid rise of the international oil price, the burden of fuel oil expense is relatively increasing in a ship. And the international restriction of the greenhouse gas which was generated from the burning of fuel oil is also rapidly strengthened. Therefore, to reduce the greenhouse gas and fuel oil consumption, many shipping company adopted the low speed navigation and it was focused on the improvement of fuel consumption efficiency and the usage of alternative energy in the marine engine development field. In this paper, the fuel oil consumption according to the ship's speed was measured in the actual seas and analyzed the shop test results in the shipyard and the ship navigation data from the abstract log. And then it was proposed that the ship's economic speed was 14~15kts and the optimum rpm was 140~150 in specific sea conditions.
Fuel oil expense;Greenhouse gas;Fuel oil consumption;Low speed navigation;Economic speed;Optimum rpm;RPM
- 길병래, 김정렬, 전효중, 조권회, 이돈출(2006), 축계장치와 프로펠러, 대진문화사, pp. 178-186.
- 김경미(2009), 선박에 친환경 입힌다, 해양한국, 9월호, pp. 38-41.
- 부산광역시(2010), 항만물류시설, 선박, 컨테이너 수송차량 등에 대한 온실가스 감축방안 연구, pp. 32-34.
- 임남균, 조호진(2008), 선박 전과정평가를 위한 실습선 배기가스 인벤토리 분석, 한국항해항만학회지, 제32권, 제1호, pp. 29-35.
- 임종관(2011), 온실가스 규제가 해운에 미치는 영향, 해양한국, 4월호, pp. 158-160.
한원희, 임경선(2010), 육상전력 사용에 따른 정박중인 선박의
$CO_2$배출 및 운항비용 절감에 관한 연구, 해양환경안전학회지, 제16권, 제2호, pp. 229-234.
- TSUJIMOTO, M. and S. NAITO(1998), Evaluation on Ship Performance in Actual Seas - Ship Speed, Fuel Oil Consumption and Main Engine Power, Journal of Kansai Society of Naval Architects, Japan, No. 229, pp. 69-78.
- A Study on Economical Operation of a Ship's Main Engine - The case of Training Ship SAENURI - vol.19, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.1.052
- Study on variation in ship's forward speed under regular waves depending on rudder controller vol.7, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1515/ijnaoe-2015-0025
- An Evaluation of Energy Saving Measures for Ocean Going Vessels vol.39, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2015.39.2.107
- A Study on Ship Path Planning Algorithm based on Real-time Ocean Environment vol.19, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2016.19.2.252
- A Study on the Course Keeping Ability under Wave Condition Considering Ship's Maneuverability vol.19, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.2.193