- Volume 22 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Shipboard Large-sized Low-noise Room Unit with Multiple Outlets
다수의 출구를 가진 선박용 대형 저소음 룸유닛 개발
- 김상렬 (한국기계연구원 시스템다이나믹스 연구실 음향소음팀) ;
- 김현실 (한국기계연구원 시스템다이나믹스연구실) ;
- 이성현 (한국기계연구원 시스템다이나믹스연구실) ;
- 박근효 (하이에어코리아 기술연구소)
- Received : 2012.03.21
- Accepted : 2012.04.20
- Published : 2012.05.20
In this paper, the acoustic performance of a shipboard large-sized room unit is studied. The room unit is a kind of rectangular absorptive chamber with a partition whose surface absorptive material with fabric skin is attached to. The room unit has one inlet and three outlets. At the inlet, a plane damper is installed to control the flow rate. The acoustic performance of a prototype room unit is measured using a HVAC mock-up. It is shown that its insertion loss is comparable with that of a commercially-used room unit but the developed room unit generates flow noise higher than the other one. The major source of flow noise is analyzed by NADS-R, the noise analysis program for room unit. Cone-shaped dampers are proposed to be used as the damper of a room unit to reduce flow noise. It is shown that the cone-shaped damper decrease flow noise remarkably.
Grant : 차세대 고부가가치선박의 저진동.소음 기술개발
Supported by : 지식경제부
- DNV, Rules for Ships, 1995, Part 5 Chapter 12 Comport Class, Section 2.
- NORSOK Standard S-002 Rev.4:2004, Working Environment, Annex A.
- Bevirt, W. D., et al., 1994, Sound and Vibration; Design and Analysis, NEBB.
- Munjal, M. L., 1987, Acoustics of Ducts and Mufflers, John Wiley & Sons.
- Hong, J.-M., Choi, T.-M., Kim, B.-H., Cho, D.-S. and Kim, D.-H., 2001, Prediction of HVAC System Noise by Acoustic Power Balancing Method, Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 1306-1312.
- Kim, S. R., Kim, H.-S. and Kim, B.-K., 2008, Experimental Discussion on Noise Characteristics of Shipboard HVAC Elements, Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 610-611.
- Kim, S. R., Kim, H.-S., Kim, J.-S., Kim, B.-K. and Lee, S.-H., 2010, Evaluation of Noise Reduction Performance of HVAC System for Ships, J. of the Acoustid Society of Korea, Vol. 29, No. 8, pp. 497-503.
- Kim, S. R., Kim, H.-S., Kim, J.-S., Kim, B.-K. and Lee, S.-H., 2011, Measurement of Noise Characteristics of Shipboard Room Units Using HVAC Mock-up, Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Spring Conference, pp. 594-595.
- Kim, S. R., Kim, H.-S., Kim, J.-S., Kim, B.-K. and Lee, S.-H., 2011, Measurement of Noise Characteristics of Shipboard Room Units with Multiple Outlets, Proceedings of the Acoustic Society of Korea Annual Spring Conference, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 63-66.
- Kim, S. R., Lee, S.-H., Kim, H.-S., Kim, J.-S. and Kim, B.-K., 2011, Chamber Modeling for Estimating the Performance of Shipboard Large-sized Room Unit, Proceedings of the KSNVE Annual Autumn Conference, pp. 525-526.