- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Correlation analysis of factors and the geriatric oral health-related quality of life in Gumi
구미 일부지역 노인의 구강건강관련 삶의 질 수준과 요인간 상관관계 분석
- Kim, Han-Na (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Ku, In-Young (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Kyungwoon University) ;
- Moon, Seon-Jeong (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, Kyungwoon University)
- Received : 2012.08.06
- Accepted : 2012.10.20
- Published : 2012.10.30
Objectives : The objective of this paper is to clarify the factors of the geriatric oral health influencing oral health-related quality of life by using the contracted OHIP-14 tool. Methods : This research conducted individual interview for 177 seniors using senior citizen center by using structured questionnaires. SAS(Ver.9.2) Program was used for the collected data to perform frequency analysis, reliability and scale analysis, t-test, ANOVA, correlation analysis and multiple regression analysis. Results : The oral health-related quality of life level related to oral health according to the demographical characteristics showed that it was better in case that they are younger, married, more educated and have more living expenses. Except for age, oral health-related quality of life was connected to scholastic achievement, living expenses, subjective health condition and subjective oral health condition. The factors influencing the oral health condition were subjective health condition, marriage, scholastic achievement, living expenses, age and sex. As the subjective health condition is better, in case of cohabitation of only a couple and as the age or scholastic achievement is higher and the living expenses are more, the oral health condition was better. The factors influencing oral health-related quality of life were subjective oral health condition, marriage, sex, subjective health condition, scholastic achievement and living expenses. As the subjective oral health condition and health condition were better and in case of sole living and cohabitation of only a couple, male's oral health-related quality of life was higher. Conclusions : It is considered that because the geriatric oral health condition becomes an important factor to oral health-related quality of life, the development of the geriatric oral health business and the geriatric heal education program to maintain and improve oral health is required and the activation of the oral health insurance policy for preventive dental service is necessary.
- Lee MS, Kim SH, Yang JS, Oh JS, Kim DK. Validity and reliability of the oral health impact profile in elderly Korean 65+. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2005;29:210-221.
- Statistics Korea. 2010 The Aaged Statistics. Seoul:Statistics Korea;2010:1-36.
- Choi SL, Jeong SH, Bae HS, Ryu YA, Choi YH, Song KB. A survey of denture satisfaction and oral health related quality of Life among recipients of the senile prosthetic restoration program for national basic Livelihood security. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2005;29:474-483.
- Bae JY. The effect of oral health on the quality of life of the elderly [doctoral dissertation]. Daegu:Yeungnam University;2008.
- Lee HO, Kim J. Effects of elders' oral health beliefs and oral health behaviors on their quality of Life. J Dent Hyg Sci 2008;8:57-63.
- Kim SH, Jung JA, Lee BJ, Kim DK. Comparison oral health status of the elderly people Lived in nursing home with private home in Gwangju metropolitan city. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2007;31:366-375.
- Park JH, Kwon HK, Kim BI, Choi CH, Choi YH. A survey on the oral health condition of institutionalized elderly people resident in free asylum. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2002;26:555-566.
- Park EU, Kim SJ, Kim SI, Chun YJ, Lee PS, Kim HJ et al. A study of factors influencing health promoting behavior and quality of life in the elderly. J Korean Acad Nurs 1998;28:638-649.
- Kim SH, Lim SA, Park SJ, Kim DK. Assessment oral Health-related quality of life using the Oral Health Impact Profile(OHIP). J Korean Acad Oral Health 2004;28:559-569.
- World Health Organization. Constitution of the World Health Organization. Geneva:World Health Organization;1948.
- Slade GD, Spencer AJ. Development and evaluation of the oral health Impact Profile. Community Dent Health 1994;11:3-11.
- Atchison KA, Dolan TA. Development of the geriatric oral health assessment index. J Dent Educ 1990;54:680-687.
- Park JH, Jeong SH, Lee GR, Song KB. The impact of tooth Loss on oral health related quality of Life among the elderly in Seongju. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2008;32:63-74.
- Woo SR, Seo BI, Han CH. The Impact of oral health status of the elderly in the community on their satisfaction with life. The Journal of East-West Medicines 2010;35:39-71.
- Ryu KJ. Relevance between level of oral health and oral health-related life quality among the elderly [doctoral dissertation]. Daejeon:Chungnam National University;2007.
- Nam YS. Influence factors associated with oral health status and the of oral health on the quality of life in older Korean adults [doctoral dissertation]. Sowon:Ajou University;2012. [Korean].
- Yu SH. The Relationship between Denture Satisfaction and Perceived Oral Health Status. J Korean Acad of dent Technol 2008;30:135-147.
- Shin DS, Jung YM. Oral health-Related Quality life (OHQoL) and Related factors among elderly women. J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs 2008;15:332-341.
- Cho YS, Lim SR, Hwang HR. Association between oral health related quality of life(OHQoL) and oral health outcome in adults over 50 years old. J Dent Hyg Sci 2011;11:305-310.
- Cho KH.. Effects of oral health condition to the quality life [master's thesis]. Daegu:Daegu Haany University;2011.
- Won YS, Jin KN. The relationship of oral state and health condition among elderly people. J Korean Soc of Dent Hyg 2003;3:157-168.
- Gu YG. The effects of oral health behaviors on perceived oral health among the elderly [master's thesis]. Gimhae:Inje University;2010.
- Ryu KJ, Lee TY, Kim KY. A study on oral health-related quality of life of among elderly in metropolis. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2009;9:1-16.
- The effect of subjective perception and attitude of oral health on the oral health impact profile in industrial accident injury patients vol.14, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.757
- Impact of the oral health-related quality of life(OHIP-14) of industrial workers in some area vol.14, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.859
- Actual oral condition and dental fear level of the elderly vol.14, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.895
- Factor associated with oral health-related quality of life in adults vol.15, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.06.1117
- The Elders' General Quality of Life and Oral Health-related Quality of Life vol.3, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.15205/kschs.2015.3.4.466
- A study on oral health perception and oral health-related quality of life of the elderly patients in a geriatric hospital vol.16, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.03.363