- Volume 12 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of factors associated with oral care self-efficacy in the type 2 diabetic patients
제2형 당뇨병 환자에서 구강관리 자기효능감과의 관련요인
- Kang, Hui-Eun (Graduate School of Public Health, Gachon University) ;
- Choi, Jun-Seon (Dept. of Dental Hygiene, College of Health Science, Gachon University)
- Received : 2012.09.17
- Accepted : 2012.12.22
- Published : 2012.12.30
Objectives : The aim of this study was to investigate the factor-related oral care self-efficacy among the type 2 diabetic patients. Methods : Questionnaire was conducted with 174 Type 2 diabetic patients from 9th January to 9th March in 2012. The following conclusion was obtained as a result of carrying out t-test and one-way ANOVA analysis and multiple linear regression analysis. Results : 1. Analysis of the level of each item concerning oral care self-efficacy showed tooth brushing self-efficacy was
Supported by : 가천대학교
- Harvard medical school. Harvard medical schoolfamily health guide. 1th ed. Seoul:Dongailbo. 2004, pp828-829.
- Bird DL, Robinson DS. Modern dental assisting. 8th ed. Philadelphia:Elsevier Inc. 2005, pp191, 450-451.
- Wilkins EM. Clinical practice of the dental hygienist. 9th ed. Philadelphia:Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2001, pp1075-1082.
- Kim GB et al. Disease care in elder II. 1th ed. Seoul:Hyunmoonsa. 2006, pp146-158.
- Lee MS. Compliance, knowledge, and obstacle of diet therapy of the patients with diabetes mellitus in rural public health center[master's thesis]. Daejeon:The graduate school of Chungnam National University, 2008.
- Karikoski A, Ilanne-Parikka P, Murtomaa H. Oral health promotion among adults with diabetes in Finland. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 2002;31(6): 447-453.
- Jung MH, Gwon MY, Kim YS. A study on the oral health and status in diabetic patients-based on data of 2006 national oral health survey-. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009;9(5): 571-577.
- Sandberg GE, Sundberg HE, Wikblad KF. A controlled study of oral self-care and self-perceived oral health in type 2 diabetic patients. Acta Odontol Scand 2001;59(1): 28-33. https://doi.org/10.1080/000163501300035742
- Syrjala AM, Kneckt MC, Knuuttila ML. Dental self-efficacy as a determinant to oral health behaviour. oral hygiene and HbA1c level among diabetic patients. J Clin Periodontol 1999;26(9): 616-621. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-051X.1999.260909.x
- Novak MJ, Potter RM, Blodgett J, Ebersole JL. Periodontal disease in Hispanic American with type 2 diabetes. Periodontol 2008;79(4):629-636. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2008.070442
- Grossi SG, Skrepcinski FB, DeCaro T, et al. Treatment of periodontal disease in diabetics reduces glycated hemoglobin. J Periodontol 1997;68(8):713-719. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.19126.96.36.1993
- Stewart JE, Wager KA, Friedlander AH, Zadeh HH. The effect of periodontal treatment on glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Clin Periodontol 2001;28(4):306-310. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-051x.2001.028004306.x
- Choi JS, Lee MJ, Han SJ. Association between oral health behavior and the hemoglobin A1c level in type 2 diabetic patients. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2009;33(3): 388-399.
- Park YS, Kim UC. Self-efficacy and quality of life. 1th ed. Seoul:Kyoyookkwahaksa. 2007, pp11-12.
- Bandure A. Social foundation of thought and action: a social cognitive theory. 1th ed. New Jersey:Prentice-Hal. 1986, pp500-502.
- Bandure A. Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavior change. Psychol Rev 1997;84(2): 191-215.
- Choi EJ. Factors related to glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus [doctoral's thesis]. Seoul:The graduate school of Yensei University, 2007.
- Lee NH. Self-efficacy and self-care behavior in elderly patients with diabetes mellitus[master's thesis]. Gangneung:The graduate school of Kwandong University, 2005.
- Lee SH. Effect of self-efficacy promoting program on self-efficacy, metabolic control and self-care behaviors in patients with NIDDM. J Korean Acad Fundam Nurs 2005;8(1):59-67.
- Stewart JE, Wolfe GR, Maeder L, Hartz GW. Changes in dental knowledge and self-efficacy scores following interventions to change oral hygiene behavior. Patient Educ Couns 1996;27(3): 269-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/0738-3991(95)00843-8
- Kang HE. Oral care self-efficacy and self-perceived oral health status in the type 2 diabetic patients[master's thesis]. Incheon:The graduate school of Gachon University, 2012.
- Koo MO. A study of the relationship among self efficacy, self regulation, situational barriers and self care behavior in patients with diabetes mellitus. J Korean Acad Nurs 1994;24(4):635-651.
- Zhang HL, Kim HL. Compliance and barriers to self-care behaviors in patients with type 2 diabetes. J Korean Clin Nurs Res 2010;16(1):155-166.
- Serrano C, Pardo G, Barrera LA, et al. Relationship among metabolic control. oral parameters and self-efficacy in diabetic patients. Acta Odontol Latinoam 2011;24(1):53-60.
- Kiran M, Arpak N, Unsal E, Erdogan MF. The effect of improved periodontal health on metabolic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Clin Periodontol 2005;32(3):266-272. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-051X.2005.00658.x
- Lee SJ. Self care behavior and associated factors in type II diabetes patients [master's thesis]. Jeonju:The graduate school of Chonbuk National University, 2011.
- Kim KE, Han JH. The relationship between knowledge of oral health and actual condition on oral health care of diabetic patients. J Dent Hyg Sci 2009;9(3):345-351.
- Jung JH. The effect of a telephone follow-up on self-efficacy and self-care diabetes mellitus patients[master's thesis]. Seoul:The graduate school of Ewha Womans University, 2003.
- Na HJ, Jung UJ. Oral care status and its related factor in diabetic patients. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011;11(1):79-92.
- Ju OJ. Impact of oral health behaviors on the presence or absence of periodontal diseases and missing tooth. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011;11(4): 511-522.
- Jang KA, Kim DY. Subjective oral health perception and oral health behaviors of the elderly people in Busan and Gyeongnam province. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2008:8(4):1-10.
- Yeom YS. Effects of diabetic support groups on knowledge of diabetes, self-efficacy, self-care behavior, and glycemic control of type 2 diabetes mellitus[master's thesis]. Asan:The graduate school of Soonchunhyang University, 2010.
- Factors influencing on health promotion behaviors in public health course of college students vol.13, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.05.863
- The association between diabetes mellitus and community periodontal index: The 5th Korean National Health and Nutrition examination survey vol.14, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.06.805
- Oral disease and oral health care in the diabetic patients vol.15, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.925