- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of the Reference Korean Female Voxel Phantom
한국인 기준여성 체적소형 모의체 개발
- Ham, Bo-Kyoung (University of Science and Technology) ;
- Cho, Kun-Woo (University of Science and Technology) ;
- Yeom, Yoen-Soo (Hanyang University) ;
- Jeong, Jong-Hwi (Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Chan-Hyeong (Hanyang University) ;
- Han, Min-Cheol (Hanyang University)
- Received : 2012.01.31
- Accepted : 2012.02.29
- Published : 2012.03.30
The objective of this study is for development of the reference Korean female phantom, HDRK-Woman. The phantom was constructed by adjusting a Korean woman voxel phantom to the Reference Korean data. The Korean woman phantom had been developed based on the high-resolution color slice images obtained from an adult Korean female cadaver. There were a total of 39 organs including the 27 organs specified in ICRP 103 for effective dose calculation. The voxel resolution of the phantom was
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. The 2007 recommendations of the International Commission on Radiological Protection. ICRP Publication 103. Oxford; Elsevier Press. 2007.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Adult reference computational phantoms. ICRP Publication 110. Oxford; Elsevier Press. 2009.
- Kim CH, Choi SH, Jeong JH, Lee C, Chung MS. HDRK-Man: a whole-body voxel model based on high-resolution color slice images of a Korean adult male cadaver. Phys. Med. Biol. 53(15): 4093-4106; 2008. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/53/15/006
- Park S, Lee J, Kim JI, Lee YJ, Lim YK, Kim CS, Lee C. In vivo organ mass of Korean adults obtained from whole-body magnetic resonance data. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 118(3):275-279; 2005. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nci340
- Zankl M, Becker J, Fill U and Petoussi-Henss N. GSF male and female adult voxel models representing ICRP reference man - the present status. Proceedings of The Monte Carlo Method: Versatility Unbounded in a Dynamic Computing World. Chattanooga, TN, American Nuclear Society, A Grange Park, USA. 2005.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Basic anatomical and physiological data for use in radiological protection: the skeleton. ICRP Publication 70. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 1994.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Basic anatomical and physiological data for use in radiological protection: Reference values. ICRP Publication 89. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 2001.
- International Atomic Energy Agency. Compilation of anatomical, physiological and metabolic characteristics for a reference asian man. IAEA-TECDOC-1005. 1998.
- Pelowitz DB, ed. MCNPX user's manual version 2.5.0. LA-CP-05-0369. 2005.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection. Conversion coefficients for use in radiological protection against external radiation. ICRP Publication 74. Oxford; Pergamon Press. 1996.
- Kim CH, Jeong JH, Bolch WE, Cho K, Hwang SB. A polygon-surface reference Korean male phantom (PSRK-Man) and its direct implementation in Geant4 Monte Carlo simulation. Phys. Med. Biol. 56:3137-3161; 2011. https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/56/10/016
- Jeong JH, Cho S, Cho K, Kim CH. Deformation of the Reference Korean voxel model and its effect on dose calculation. J. Radiat. Prot. 33(4):167-172; 2008.
- Choi SH, Jeong JH, Cho S, Chung MS, Huh HD, Kim WC, Cho K, Kim CH. Construction of a high-quality voxel model VKH-Man using serially sectioned images from Visible Korean Human project in Korea. J. Nucl. Sci. Technol. S5:179-182; 2008.
- An effective dose assessment technique with NORM added consumer products using skin-point source on computational human phantom vol.118, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apradiso.2016.08.014