- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Response of Several Neutron Surveymeters by a DT Neutron Generator
DT 중성자 발생기에 의한 중성자 검출기 반응도 조사
- Kim, Sang-In (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jang, In-Su (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jang-Lyul (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jung-Il (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Bong-Hwan (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2012.01.30
- Accepted : 2012.02.23
- Published : 2012.03.30
Several neutron measuring devices were tested under the neutron fields characterized with two distinct kinds of thermal and fast neutron spectrum. These neutron fields were constructed by the mixing of both thermal neutron fields and fast neutron fields. The thermal neutron field was constructed using by a graphite pile with eight AmBe neutron sources. The fast neutron field of 14 MeV was made by a DT neutron generator. In order to change the fraction of fast neutron fluence rate in each neutron fields, a neutron generator was placed in the thermal neutron field at 50 cm and 150 cm from the reference position. The polyethylene neutron collimator was used to make moderated 14 MeV neutron field. These neutron spectra were measured by using a Bonner sphere system with an LiI scintillator, and dosimetric quantities delivered to neutron surveymeters were determined from these measurement results.
Supported by : 교육과학기술부
- KAERI. Technology development for radiation dose measurement and evaluation. KAERI/RR-2801. 2007.
- Knoll GF, Radiation detection and measurement. 3rd ed.. New York; John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. 2000:506-510.
- Alvera AV and Thomas DJ. Neutron field spectrometry in mixed fields: multisphere spectrometers. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 107(1-3):37-72; 2003. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.rpd.a006388
- ISO. Reference neutron radiation-part 1: characteristics and methods of production. ISO 8529-1: 1st ed.. 2001.
Lisken H. and Paulsen A., Neutron production cross section and energies for the reactions
$T(p,n)^3He,D(d,n)^3He$and $T(d,n)^4He$. Atom. Data Nucl. Data 11:569-619; 1973. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0092-640X(73)80081-6
- EADS SODERN. GENIE 16C/D user manual, ver. July 2008. Eads Sodern Inc.. 2008.
- Thomas DJ and Kolkowski P. Thermal fluence and dose equivalent standards at NPL. DQL RN008. National Physics Laboratory UK. 2005.
- Lacoste V., Gressier V., Muller H. Lebreton L. Characterization of the IRSN graphite moderated americium-beryllium neutron field. Radiat. Prot. Dosim. 110(1-4):135-139; 2004. https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nch188
- Kim BH, Jun SM, Kim JS, Lim KS, Kim JL. Construction of thermal neutron calibration fields using a graphite pile and americium-beryllium neutron sources at KAERI. Nucl. Technol. 168(2): 349-353; 2009. https://doi.org/10.13182/NT09-A9207
- Pelowitz DB. MCNPX user's manual, version 2.5.0. LA-CP-05-0369. 2005.
- ICRU. Conversion coefficient for use in radiological protection against external radiation. ICRU Report 57. 1998.