- Volume 37 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Comparative Study of Image Quality and Radiation Dose according to Variable Added Filter and Radiation Exposure in Diagnostic X-Ray Radiography
진단용 X-선 촬영시 부가 필터 및 노출의 변화에 따른 피폭선량 및 영상 화질 비교 연구
- Choi, Nam-Gil (Department of Radiology, Dongshin University) ;
- Seong, Ho-Jin (Department of Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital) ;
- Jeon, Joo-Seop (Department of Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital) ;
- Kim, Youn-Hyun (Department of Radiology, Chonnam National University Hospital) ;
- Seong, Dong-Ook (Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Kyung Hee University Medical School)
- 최남길 (동신대학교 방사선학과) ;
- 성호진 (전남대학교병원 영상의학과) ;
- 전주섭 (전남대학교병원 영상의학과) ;
- 김윤현 (전남대학교병원 영상의학과) ;
- 성동욱 (경희대학교 의과대학 영상의학교실)
- Received : 2011.11.18
- Accepted : 2012.01.14
- Published : 2012.03.30
To know which parameters were acceptable for achieving lowest radiation exposure to the patients and highest image quality at the diagnostic X-ray radiography, we measured the patient radiation dose and image quality in transmitted PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) at variable combinations of the added filters. As a result, the Dose Area Product (DAP:
Supported by : 한국방사선연구재단
- Peters SE, Brennan PC. Digital radiography, are the manufactures' settings too high? Optimization of the Kodak digital radiography system with aid of the computed radiography dose index. Eur. Radio. 12:2381-2387; 2002. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-001-1230-0
- Huda W, Sagewicz AM, Ogedn KM, Dance DR. Experimental investigation of the dose and image quality characteristics of a digital mammograhpy imaging system. Med. Phys. 30:442-448; 2003. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1543572
- Gkanatsios NA, Huda W, Peters KR. Effect of radiographic techniques (kVp and mAs) on image quality and patient doses in digital subtraction angiograhpy. Med. Phys. 29:1643-1650; 2002. https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1493213
- Bankier AA, Schaefer-Prokop C, De Maertelaer V, Tack D, Jaksch P, Klepetko W, Gecenosi PA. Air trapping: comparison of standard-dose and simulate low-dose thin-section CT techniques. Radiology 242:898-906; 2007. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2423060196
- Bacher K, Smeets P, Bonnarens K, De Hauwere A, Verstraete K, Thierens H. Dose reduction in patients undergoing chest imaging: digital amorphous silicon flat-panel detector radiography versus conventional film-screen radiography and phosphor-based computed radiolography. Am. J. Roentgenol. 181:923-929; 2003. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.181.4.1810923
- Kroft LJ, Veldkamp WJ, Mertens BJ, van Delft JP, Geleijns J. Detection of simulated nodules on clinical radiographs: dose reduction at digital posteroanterior chest radiology. Radiology 241:392-398; 2006. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2412051326
- Huh J, Kim CK, Lee IJ, Shin WS, Park JC, Kang HS, Ahn BS. A study on the effect of rare earth screen Filter. Journal of Korean Society of radiological technology 11(1):17-23; 1988.
- Technical Report, Explanation material of RPL, glass doseimter: small element system. Asahi Techncv Glass corporation. 2000.
- 보건복지가족부: 보건복지가족부령 3-349호. 진단용 X-선발생장치의 안전관리에 관한 규칙. 2006.
- Hart D, Hillier MC, Wall BF HAP. Dose to patients form radiographic and fluoroscopic X-ray imaging procedures in the UK-2005 review. HPA-RPD-029. Chilton UK. 2007.
- Van Soldt RTM, Zweers D, van den Berg L, Geleigns J, Jansen JTM, Zoetelief J. Survey of posteroanterior chest radiography in the Netherlands: patient dose and image quality. Br. J. Radiol. 76:398-405; 2003. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/76222078
- Choi KM, Shin SI, Yoon JM, Kim SC, Lee SS, Huh J. The reduction of radiation dose using key-filter in chest radiography. Journal of Korean Society of radiological technology 19(2):67-70; 1996.
- Gonzales RC, Woods RE and Eddins SL. Digital image processing using MATLAB. Prentice-Hall. 2003.
- The Additional Filter and Ion Chamber Sensor Combination for Reducing Patient Dose in Digital Chest X-ray Projection vol.9, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2015.9.3.175
- Radiation Dose and Image Evaluation for Position Change in Low Extremity Teleography vol.8, pp.7, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7742/jksr.2014.8.7.409