- Volume 3 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Origin of the anomalously large upward acceleration associated with the 2008 Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku earthquake
- Takabatake, Hideo (Department of Architecture, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Institute of Disaster and Environmental Science) ;
- Matsuoka, Motohiro (Department of Architecture, Kanazawa Institute of Technology, Institute of Disaster and Environmental Science)
- Received : 2011.04.09
- Accepted : 2012.01.17
- Published : 2012.09.25
The 2008 Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku earthquake (
- Aoi, S., Kunugi, T. and Fujiwara, H. (2008), "Trampoline effect in extreme ground motion", Science, 322(5902), 727-730. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1163113
- Cole, G., Dhakal, R., Carr, A. and Bull, D. (2010), "An investigation of the effects of mass distribution on pounding structures", Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 40(5), 641-659.
- Clogh, R.W. and Penzien, J. (1975), Dynamic of structures, McGraw-Hill.
- Editorial Community of Handbook of soils and foundations (1999), Handbook of soils and foundations (in Japanese), The Japanese Geotechnical Society.
- Goldsmith, W. (2001), Impact: The theory and physical behaviour of colliding solids, Dover Publications, Inc., New York.
- Jankowski, R. (2005), "Non-linear viscoelastic modeling of earthquake-induced structural pounding", Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 34(6), 595-611. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.434
- K-net and KiK-net station. (2008), http://www.kik.bosai.go.jp/kik, National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Prevention.
- Ohsaki, Y. (1991), Foundation of structures (in Japanese), Gihodo.
- Ohsaki, Y. (1994), New introduction of spectrum analysis for earthquake (in Japanese), Kashima Press.
- Paz, M. (1991), Structural dynamics, 3rd ed., Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.
- Tahghighi, H. (2011), "Earthquake fault-induced surface rupture-A hybrid strong ground motion simulation technique and discussion for structural design", Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 40(5), 1951-1608.
- Tothong, P. and Cornell, C.A. (2008), "Structural performance assessment under near-source pulse-like ground motions using advanced ground motion intensity measures", Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 37(7), 1013-1037. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.792
- Yang, D., Pan, J. and Li, G. (2009), "Non-structure-specific intensity measure parameters and characteristic period of near-fault ground motions", Earthq. Eng. Struct. D., 38(11) 1257-1280. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.889
- Yamada, M., Mori, J. and Heaton, T. (2009), "The slapdown phase in high-acceleration records of large Earthquake", Seismol. Res. Lett., 80(4), 559-564. https://doi.org/10.1785/gssrl.80.4.559
- Yamada, M., Yamada, M., Hada, K., Ohmi, S. and Nagao, T. (2010), "Spatially dense velocity structure exploration in the source region of the Iwate-Miyagi Nairiku earthquake", Seismol. Res. Lett., 81(4), 597-604. https://doi.org/10.1785/gssrl.81.4.597
- Yamada, M., Mori, J. and Ohmi, S. (2010), "Temporal changes of subsurface velocities during strong shaking as seen from seismic interferometry", J. Geophys. Res., 115(B03302), 1-10.
- Takabatake, H., Mukai, H. and Hirano, T. (1993), "Doubly symmetric tube structures II: Dynamic analysis", J. Struct. Eng.-ASCE, 119(7), 2002-2016. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1993)119:7(2002)
- Takabatake, H., Nonaka, T. and Umeda, Y. (2008), "Implications of thrown-out boulders for earthquake shaking", J. Earthq. Eng., 12(8), 1325-1343. https://doi.org/10.1080/13632460802212931
- Occurrence mechanism of recent large earthquake ground motions at nuclear power plant sites in Japan under soil-structure interaction vol.4, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2013.4.5.557
- Vertical seismic response analysis of straight girder bridges considering effects of support structures vol.8, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2015.8.6.1481