- Volume 3 Issue 1
Seismic damage and vulnerability of five historical masonry structures surveyed after the 1999 Kocaeli and Duzce, Turkey earthquakes are discussed in this paper. The structures are located in two neighboring cities that have been struck by five very large (
seismic damage;historical Turkish mosques;masonry;deterioration;earthquake
- Apostolska, R.P., Cvetanovska, G.S.N. and Sendova, V.I. (2008), "Methodology for rehabilitation and seismic strengthening of St. Clement's church, St Panteleymon-Plaoshnik-Ohrid", 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, October 12-17, Beijing, China.
- Archive (2006), Vaklflar Genel Mudurlugu Arsivi, Archives of General Directorate for Foundations, Turkey.
- Berilgen, M.M. (2007), "Evaluation of local site effects on earthquake damages of Fatih mosque", Eng. Geol., 91(2-4), 240-253. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2007.02.001
- Beyen, K. (2008), "Structural identification for post-earthquake safety analysis of the Fatih mosque after the 17 August 1999 Kocaeli earthquake", Eng. Struct., 30(8), 2165-2184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2007.08.005
- Cakmak, A.S., Moropoulou, A. and Mullen, C.L. (1995), "Interdisciplinary study of dynamic behavior and earthquake response of Hagia Sophia", Soil Dyn. Earthq. Eng., 14(2), 125-133. https://doi.org/10.1016/0267-7261(94)00031-B
- Celep, Z., Incecik, M. and Pakdamar, F. (2008), "Structural and earthquake response analysis of the muradiye mosque in Bulgaria", 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, October 12-17, Beijing, China.
- Celik, O.C., Sesigur, H. and Cili, F. (2008), "Seismic evaluation and retrofit of a 16th centruy historical brick masonry dome in Istanbul using combined steel rings and CFRP sheets", 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, October 12-17, Beijing, China.
- Dogangun, A., Acar, R., Sezen, H. and Livaoglu, R. (2008), "Investigation of dynamic response of masonry minaret structures", B. Earthq. Eng., 6(3), 505-517. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10518-008-9066-5
- Dogangun, A., Sezen, H., Tuluk, O.I., Livaoglu, R. and Acar, R. (2007), "Traditional Turkish monumental structures and their earthquake response", Int. J. Arch. Herit., 1(3), 251-271. https://doi.org/10.1080/15583050701436980
- Dogangun, A. and Sezen, H. (2006), "Damage in historical structures and appropriate repair and strengthening methods", Structural Repair and Retrofit Symposium, Denizli, Turkey, December 7-8, CD.: 481-490.
- Durukal, E., Cimilli, S. and Erdik, M. (2003), "Dynamic response of two historical monuments in Istanbul deduced from the recordings of kocaeli and duzce earthquakes", B. Seismol. Soc. Am., 93(2), 694-712. https://doi.org/10.1785/0120000831
- Duzcetanitim (2008), http://www.duzcetanitim.com.
- El-Borgi, S., Choura, S., Neifar, M., Smaoui, H., Majdoub, M.S. and Cherif, D. (2008), "Seismic vulnerability assessment of a historical building in Tunisia", Smart Struct. Syst., 4(2), 209-220. https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2008.4.2.209
- Gedik, Y.H. and Celep, Z. (2008), "Earthquake analysis and strengthening of the historical Mehmet Aga mosque in Istanbul", 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, October 12-17, Beijing, China
- Gulkan, P., Ahunday, Z., Celep, Z., Yakut, A., Guler, K., Mazlum, D., Kubin, J., Kubin, D., Sozen M.A., Irfanoglu, A. and Eroglu E. (2008), "Seismic assessment of the architectural heritage in the Fatih district of Istanbul", 14th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, October 12-17, Beijing, China.
- Kaya, S.M., Yuzugullu, O., Erdik M. and Aydinoglu, N. (2004), "Structural analysis of the dome of Suleymaniye mosque. Cracks of the main dome", IV International Seminar on Structural Analysis of Historical Constructions, November 10-13, Padova, Italy: 477-483.
- Kenthaber (2006), Bolu Cami ve Mescitleri, http://www.kenthaber.com/IlDetay.aspx?ID=519. (in Turkish)
- Massanas, M., Roca, P., Cervera, M. and Arun, G., (2004), "Structural analysis of Kucuk Ayasofya mosque in Istanbul. Cracks of the main dome", IV International Seminar on Structural Analysis of Historical Constructions, November 10-13, Padova, Italy: 679-685.
- Pagnini, L.C., Romeu, V., Lagomarsino, S. and Varum, H. (2011), "A mechanical model for the seismic Vulnerability assessment of old masonry buildings", Earthq. Struct., 2(1), 25-42. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2011.2.1.025
- Sahin, M. and Mungan, I. (2005), "Dynamic performance of the roof of Hagia Sophia considering cracking", Int. J. Space Struct., 20(3), 135-141. https://doi.org/10.1260/026635105775213827
- Sezen, H., Flrat, G.Y. and Sozen, M.A., (2003). "Investigation of the performance of monumental structures during the 1999 Kocaeli and Duzce earthquakes", Fifth National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey, Paper No: AE-020.
- Sezen, H., Acar, R., Dogangun, A. and Livaoglu, R. (2008), "Dynamic analysis and seismic performance of reinforced concrete minarets", Eng. Struct., 30(8), 2253-2264. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2007.11.005
- Sezen, H. and Do angün, A. (2009), "Vulnerability and conservation of historical masonry structures", Prohitech 2009, Protection of Historical Buildings, June 21-24, Rome, Italy.
- Syrmakezis, C.A., Antonopoulos, A.K. and Mavrouli, O.A. (2008), "A seismic protection of historical structures using modern retrofitting techniques", Smart Struct. Syst., 4(2), 233-246. https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2008.4.2.233
- Ural, A., Dogangun, A., Sezen, H. and Angin, S. (2012), "Seismic performance of masonry buildings during the 2007 Bala, Turkey earthquakes", Natural Hazards, 60(3), 1013-1026. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-011-9887-4
- Comparison of loads in Turkish earthquake code with those computed statistically vol.8, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2015.8.5.977
- Earthquake behavior of M1 minaret of historical Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue Mosque) vol.59, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2016.59.3.539
- Seismic Response Analysis of Masonry Minaret and Possible Strengthening by Fiber Reinforced Cementitious Matrix (FRCM) Materials vol.2013, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1155/2013/952497
- Seismic damage evaluation of historical structures during Van earthquake, October 23, 2011 vol.58, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2015.08.030
- Response evaluation of historical crooked minaret under wind and earthquake loadings vol.17, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12989/was.2013.17.3.345
- Discrete element modeling of masonry structures: Validation and application vol.11, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2016.11.4.563
- Seismic performance evaluation of slender masonry towers: a case study vol.25, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.1235
- Investigation of the structural performance of a masonry domed mosque by experimental tests and numerical analysis vol.6, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2014.6.4.335
- 19th May 2011 Simav (Kütahya) earthquake and response of masonry Halil Aga Mosque vol.4, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2013.4.6.671
- Seismic assessment of a historical masonry mosque by experimental tests and finite element analyses vol.19, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-014-0468-4
- An integrated Terrestrial Laser Scanner (TLS), Deviation Analysis (DA) and Finite Element (FE) approach for health assessment of historical structures. A minaret case study vol.153, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2017.10.026
- Evaluation of masonry minarets collapsed by a strong wind under uncertainty vol.76, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-014-1531-7
- Multiple linear regression and fuzzy logic models applied to the functional service life prediction of cultural heritage vol.27, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.culher.2017.03.004
- Structural damages of the May 19, 2011, Kütahya–Simav earthquake in Turkey vol.69, pp.1, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-013-0747-2
- Seismic performance of RC buildings subjected to past earthquakes in Turkey vol.11, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2016.11.3.483