- Volume 9 Issue 1
It is not easy to experimentally obtain the FRF (Frequency Response Function) matrix corresponding to a full set of DOFs (degrees of freedom) for a dynamic system. Utilizing FRF data measured at specific positions, with DOFs less than that of the system, as constraints to describe a damaged system, this study identifies parameter matrices such as mass, stiffness and damping matrices of the system, and provides a damage identification method from their variations. The proposed parameter identification method is compared to Lee and Kim's method and Fritzen's method. The validity of the proposed damage identification method is illustrated in a simple dynamic system.
frequency response function;dynamic stiffness matrix;receptance;damping matrix;minimization
- Avitabile, P. and O'Callahan, J. (2003), "Frequency response function expansion for unmeasured translation and rotation dofs for impedance modeling applications", Mech. Syst. Signal Pr., 17(4), 723-745. https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.2001.1457
- Cha, P.D. and Tuck Lee, J.P. (2000), "Updating structural system parameters using frequency response data", J. Eng. Mech-ASCE., 126(12), 1240-1246. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2000)126:12(1240)
- Avitabile, P. and O'Callahan, J. (2001), "Dynamic expansion of FRFs for the full FRF matrix", Proceedings of the 19th IMAC.
- Eun, H.C., Lee, E.T. and Chung, H.S. (2004), "On the static analysis of constrained structural systems", Can. J. Civil Eng., 31(6), 1119-1122. https://doi.org/10.1139/l04-036
- Ewins, D.J. (2000), "Adjustment or Updating of Models", Sadhana, 25(3) 235-245.
- Fanning, P.J. and Carden, E.P. (2004), "Experimentally validated added mass identification algorithm based on frequency response functions", J. Eng. Mech-ASCE., 130(9), 1045-1051. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(2004)130:9(1045)
- Friswell, M.I. and Penny, J.E.T. (1990), "Updating model parameters from frequency domain data via reduced order models", Mech. Syst. Signal Pr., 4(5), 377-391. https://doi.org/10.1016/0888-3270(90)90064-R
- Fritzen, C.P. (1986), "Identification of mass, and stiffness matrices of mechanical systems", J. Vib. Acoust., 108, 9-16. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3269310
- Guyan, J. (1965), "Reduction of stiffness and mass matrices", AIAA J., 3(2), 380.
- Kenneth, F.A. and Francois, H. (2000), "Dynamic mode shape expansion using mass orthogonality constraints", Proceedings of the 18th IMAC.
- Kwon, K.S. and Lin R.M. (2004), "Frequency selection method for FRF-based model updating", J. Sound. Vib., 278(1-2), 285-306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2003.10.003
- Lee, J.H. and Kim, J. (2001), "Identification of damping matrices from measured frequency response functions", J. Sound. Vib., 240(3), 545-565 https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.2000.3248
- Lee, U. and Shin, J. (2002), "A frequency response function-based structural damage identification method", Comput. Struct., 80(2), 117-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(01)00170-5
- Lin, R.M. and Zju, J. (2006), "Model updating of damped structures using FRF data", Mech. Syst. Signal Pro., 20(8), 2200-2218. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2006.05.008
- Mottershead, J.E. and Stanway, R. (1986), "Identification of structural vibration parameters by using a frequency domain filter", J. Sound Vib., 109(3), 495-506. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(86)80385-6
- O'Callahan, J. (1989) "A Procedure for an Improved Reduced System (IRS) Model", Proceedings of the 7th IMAC.
- O'Callahan J, Avitabile, P.P. and Riemer, R. (1989), "System Equivalent Reduction Expansion Process (SEREP)", Proceedings of the 7th IMAC.
- Phane, A.S. and Seshia, A.A. (2004), "Identification of anisoelasticity and nonproportional damping in MEMS gyroscopes", NSTI-Nanotech, 2, 343-346. https://doi.org/10.1038/nrmicro867
- Phani, A.S. and Woodhouse, J. (2007), "Viscous damping identification in linear vibration", J. Sound Vib., 303(3-5), 475-500. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2006.12.031
- Computational model for supporting SHM systems design: Damage identification via numerical analyses vol.84, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2016.07.035
- Finite element model updating of the UCF grid benchmark using measured frequency response functions vol.46, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2014.01.008
- Stiffness identification of four-point-elastic-support rigid plate vol.22, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-015-2506-x
- Damage detection by a FE model updating method using power spectral density: Numerical and experimental investigation vol.397, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2017.02.052
- Substructural parameters and dynamic loading identification with limited observations vol.15, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2015.15.1.169
- Study on Finite Element Model Updating in Highway Bridge Static Loading Test Using Spatially-Distributed Optical Fiber Sensors vol.17, pp.7, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/s17071657
- Comparison of Damage Detection Methods Depending on FRFs within Specified Frequency Ranges vol.2017, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/5821835
- A Model-Based Substructuring Method for Local Damage Detection of Structure vol.2014, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/390769
- A FRF-based algorithm for damage detection using experimentally collected data vol.2, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12989/smm.2015.2.4.399
- Finite element model updating using frequency response functions and numerical sensitivities 2013, https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.1601
- Efficiency of Jaya algorithm for solving the optimization-based structural damage identification problem based on a hybrid objective function 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/0305215X.2017.1367392
- Output-Only Identification of System Parameters from Noisy Measurements by Multiwavelet Denoising vol.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/218328
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)