- Volume 43 Issue 1
Sliding cable joints have been developed for the cable dome structures and the suspen-dome structures to reduce the cable pre-stressing loss and obtain a uniform inner force in each hoop cable. However, the relevant investigation is less addressed on the structural behavior of the cable dome structures and the suspen-dome structures with sliding cable joints due to the lack of analysis techniques. In this paper, a closed sliding polygonal cable element was established to analyze the structural behavior of the cable dome structures and the suspen-dome structures with sliding cable joints. The structural behaviors with sliding cable joints were obtained.
cable dome structures;suspen-dome structures;sliding cable joint;closed sliding polygonal cable element;structural behavior
- Cao, Q.S. and Zhang, Z.H. (2010), "A simplified strategy for force finding analysis of suspendomes", Eng. Struct., 32(1), 306-310. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.09.017
- Chen, Z.H., Wu, Y.J., Yin, Y. and Shan, C. (2010), "Formulation and application of multi-node sliding cable element for the analysis of Suspen-Dome structures", Finite Elem. Anal. Des., 46(9), 743-750. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.finel.2010.04.003
- Chen, Z.H., Liu, H.B., Wang, X.D. and Zhou, T. (2011), "Establishing and application of cable-sliding criterion equation", Adv. Steel Constr., 7(2), 131-143.
- Chen, Z.H. and Wu, Y.J. (2010), "Design of roll cable-strut joint in suspen-dome and analysis of its application in whole structure system", J. Build. Struct., 31(1), 234-240.
- Chen, Z.H. and Li, Y. (2005), "Parameter analysis on stability of a suspen-dome", Int. J. Space Struct., 20(2), 115-124. https://doi.org/10.1260/0266351054764218
- Cui, X.Q. and Guo, Y.L. (2004), "Influence of gliding cable joint on mechanical behavior of suspen-dome structures", Int. J. Space Struct., 19(3), 149-154. https://doi.org/10.1260/0266351042886658
- Geiger, D.H., Stefaniuk, A. and Chen, D. (1986), "The design and construction of two cable domes for the Korean Olympics", Proceedings of the IASS Symposium on Shells, Membranes and Space Frames, Vol. 2, Osaka, Japan.
- Kang, W.J., Chen, Z.H., Lam, H.F., and Zuo, C.R. (2003), "Analysis and design of the general and outmost-ring stiffed suspen-dome structures", Eng. Struct., 25(13), 1685-1695. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(03)00149-4
- Kitipornchai, S., Kang, W.J., Lam, H.F. and Albermani, F. (2005), "Facters affecting the design and construction of lamella suspen-dome systems", J. Constr. Steel Res., 61(6), 764-785. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2004.12.007
- Kawaguchi, M., Tatemichi, I. and Chen, P.S. (1999), "Optimum shapes of a cable dome structure", Eng. Struct., 21(8), 719-725. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(98)00026-1
- Kawaguchi, M., Abe, M. and Tatemichi, I. (1999), "Design, tests and realization of 'suspen-dome' System", J IASS, 40(131), 179-192.
- Kim, S.D., Kim, H.S. and Kang, M.M. (2003), "A study of the nonlinear dynamic instability of hybrid cable dome structures", Struct. Eng. Mech., 15(6), 653-668. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2003.15.6.653
- Wang, S., Zhang, G.J., Zhang, A.L., Ge, J. and Qin, J. (2007), "The prestress loss analysis of cable-strut joint of the badminton gymnasium for 2008 Olympic Games", J. Build Struct., 28(6), 39-44.
- Yuan, X.F. and Dong, S.L. (2002), "Nonlinear analysis and optimum design of cable domes", Eng. Struct., 24(7), 965-977. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-0296(02)00017-2
- Yuan, X.F., Chen, L.M. and Dong, S.L. (2007), "Prestress design of cable domes with new forms", Int. J. Solids Struct., 44(9), 2773-2782. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2006.08.026
- Yuan, X.F. and Dong, S.L. (2003), "Integral feasible prestress of cable domes", Comput. Struct., 81(21), 2111-2119. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(03)00254-2
- Zhang, A.L., Liu, X.C., Wang, D.M., Wei, W.H., Huang, D.M., Wu, L.Y. and Li, Z.G. (2007), "Static experimental study on the model of the suspend-dome of the badminton gymnasium for 2008 Olympic Games", J. Build Struct., 28(6), 58-67.
- Zhang, Z.H., Cao, Q.S., Dong, S.L. and Fu, X.Y. (2008), "Structural design of a practical suspendome", Adv. Steel Constr., 4(4), 323-340.
- Zhou, B., Accorsi, M.L. and Leonard, J.W. (2004), "Finite element formulation for modeling sliding cable elements", Comput. Struct., 82(2-3), 271-280. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2003.08.006
- Nonlinear analysis of cable-supported structures with a spatial catenary cable element vol.43, pp.5, 2012, https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2012.43.5.583
- Influence of member geometric imperfection on geometrically nonlinear buckling and seismic performance of suspen-dome structures vol.14, pp.03, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1142/S0219455413500703
- Model updating of suspended-dome using artificial neural networks vol.20, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/1369433217693629
- A novel form analysis method considering pretension process for suspen-dome structures vol.18, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-014-0111-4
- Experimental and Simulation Study on Seismic Behavior of Beam-Column Joints with Cast Steel Stiffener vol.142, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0001487
- Integral Analysis of Shallow Ellipsoidal Suspend-Dome with Elastic Restraint vol.30, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1260/0266-35126.96.36.199
- Experimental study on the seismic performance of L-shaped column composed of concrete-filled steel tubes frame structures vol.114, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2015.07.009
- A New Method for Analysis of Sliding Cable Structures in Bridge Engineering pp.1976-3808, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-017-0151-7
- A Novel Numerical Method for Considering Friction During Pre-stressing Construction of Cable-Supported Structures pp.2093-6311, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-018-0078-y