- Volume 61 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
MPC-based Active Steering Control using Multi-rate Kalman Filter for Autonomous Vehicle Systems with Vision
비젼 기반 자율주행을 위한 다중비율 예측기 설계와 모델예측 기반 능동조향 제어
- Received : 2012.04.02
- Accepted : 2012.04.28
- Published : 2012.05.01
In this paper, we present model predictive control (MPC) applied to lane keeping system (LKS) based on a vision module. Due to a slow sampling rate of the vision system, the conventional LKS using single rate control may result in uncomfortable steering control rate in a high vehicle speed. By applying MPC using multi-rate Kalman filter to active steering control, the proposed MPC-based active steering control system prevents undesirable saturated steering control command. The effectiveness of the MPC is validated by simulations for the LKS equipped with a camera module having a slow sampling rate on the curved lane with the minimum radius of 250[m] at a vehicle speed of 30[m/s].
- C. Hatipoglu, U. Ozguner, and K. A. Redmill, "Automated lane change controller design," IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 13-22, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2003.811644
- J. Hwang, K. Huh, H. Na, H. Jung, H. Kang, and P. Yoon, "Development of a lane keeping assist system using vision sensor and DRPG algorithm," Trans. of KSAE, vol. 17, no. 1, pp.50-57, 2009.
- J. Hwang, K. Huh, H. Na, H. Jung, H. Kang, and P. Yoon, "Development of a model based predictive controller for lane keeping assistance system," Trans. of KSAE, vol. 17, no. 3, pp.54-61, 2009.
- D.-J. Lee and M. Tomizuka, "Multirate optimal state estimation with sensor fusion," in Proc. of the American Control Conference, pp.2887-2982, 2003.
- B.-S. Chen, C.-W. Lin, and Y.-L. Chen, "Optimal signal reconstruction in noisy filter bank systems: Multirate Kalman synthesis filtering approach," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, vol. 43, no. 11, 1995.
- C. E. Garcia, D. M. Prett, and M. Morari, "Model predictive control : theory and practice - a survey," Automatica, vol. 25, no. 3, pp.335-348, pp. 335-348, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(89)90002-2
- S. J. Qin and T. A. Badgwell, "A survey of industrial model predictive control technology," Control Engineering Practice, vol. 11, no. 7, pp.733-764, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(02)00186-7
- P. Falcone, F. Borrelli, J. Asgari, H. E. Tseng, and D. Hrovat, "Predictive active steering control for autonomous vehicle systems," IEEE Trans. Control Syst. Tech., vol. 15, no. 3, pp.566-580, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2007.894653
- F. Borrelli, P. Falcone, T. Keviczky, and J. Asgari, "MPC-based approach to active steering for autonomous vehicle systems," International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems, vol. 3, no. 2/3/4, pp. 265-291, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJVAS.2005.008237
- P. Falcone, F. Borrelli, H. E. Tseng, J. Asgari, and D. Hrovat, "Linear time-varying model predictive control and its application to active steering systems: Stability analysis and experimental validation," International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 862-875, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/rnc.1245
- R. Rajamani, Vehicle dynamics and control, Springer, 2006.
- S.-H. Lee, Y. O. Lee, Y. Son, and C. C. Chung, "Multirate active steering control for autonomous vehicle lane changes," IEEE Intelligent vehicles symposium, 2012, to appear.
- G. F. Franklin, J. D. Powell, and M. L. Workman, Digital Control of Dynamic Systems, 3rded. Addison-Wesley,1997.
- Y. O. Lee, S.-H. Lee, Y. S. Son, and C. C. Chung, "Robust Multirate state estimator for autonomous vehicles with uncertain vision processing period," in 11th International Conf. Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 424-427, 2011.
- E. Camacho and C. Bordons, Model predictive control. Springer Verlag, 2004.
- K. Enke, "Possibilities for improving safety within the driver vehicle environment loop," The 7th International Technical Conference on Experimental Safety Vehicles, 1979.
- S. Hetrick, "Examination of driver lane change behavior and the potential effectiveness of warning onset rules for lane change or side crash avoidance systems," M.S. thesis, Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ., Mar. 1997.
- P. Leelavansuk, K. Shitamitsu, H. Mouri, and M. Nagai, "Study on cooperative control of driver and lane-keeping assistance system," in Proc. of the International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control (AVEC), pp. 219-224, 2002
- A. M. Phillips and M. Tomizuka, "Multirate estimation and control under time-varying data sampling with applications to information storage device," in Proc. of the American Control Conference, pp.4151-4155, 1995.
- Ribbon model based path tracking method for autonomous ground vehicles vol.21, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-014-2127-9