- Volume 32 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Agronomic Characteristics and Yield of Silage Corn Hybrids 'Cap 444NG'
사일리지용 옥수수 'Cap 444NG'의 생육특성 및 수량성
- Ji, Hee-Chung (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Meing-Jooung (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyun (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Choi, Gi-Jun (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Ki-Yong (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Park, Hyung-Su (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Won-Ho (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA)
- 지희정 (국립축산과학원) ;
- 김맹중 (국립축산과학원) ;
- 이상훈 (국립축산과학원) ;
- 최기준 (국립축산과학원) ;
- 김기용 (국립축산과학원) ;
- 박형수 (국립축산과학원) ;
- 김원호 (국립축산과학원)
- Received : 2011.11.30
- Accepted : 2012.02.16
- Published : 2012.03.31
This experiment was carried out to know adaptability, forage production and quality of corn hybrid for silage at three regions during 2007 to 2008. Among agronomic characteristics, 'CAP444NG' hybrid was somewhat strong for good stay green and higher stem height as 294cm. The fresh and dry matter yield of 'CAP444NG' hybrid were the highest 61,111 kg/ha and 20,635 kg/ha, respectively. The crude protein of 'CAP444NG' hybrid was somewhat higher than other hybrids as 7.9%. The result of this study indicated that 'CAP444NG' hybrid could be recommended as having good characters according to forage production and stay green and for silage in Korea.
- Kim, A.A., M.H. Jo, C.H. Kwon, K.J. Han and J. K. Kim. 1992. Comparison of Agronomic Performance of Introduced Corn Hybrid for Silage Production I. Performance of hybrids in different regions. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 12(3):161-172.
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis(15th ed.). Association & Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC.
- Lee, B.C., J.H. Jung, J.I. Kim, Y.N. Yoon, S.J. Hong, D.Y. Kwak, Y.K. Hong, H.W. Kang, K. W. Lee. 2008. Viruliferous rate of the small brown planthopper in the maize field infected with rice black-streaked dwarf virus. Res. Plant Dis. 14(3):226-228. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2008.14.3.226
- Goring, H.K. and P.J. Van Soest. 1970. Forage fiber analysis. Ag. Handbook. No. 379. ARS. USDA. Washington DC.
- Lee, H.J., S.H. Kim and H.S. Lee. 1994. Growth of maize and sorghum-sudangrass hybrid affected by soil texture and ground water levels. Korean J. Crop Sci. 39(6):585-593.
- Ji, H.C., J.K. Lee, K.Y. Kim, S.H. Yoon, Y.C. Lim, O.D. Kwon and H.B. Lee. 2009. Evaluation of agronomic characteristics, forage production and quality of corn hybrids for silage at paddy field in southern region of Korea. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 29(1):13-18. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2009.29.1.013
- Ji, H.C., W.H. Kim, S.H. Lee, J.H. Cho and O. D. Kwon. 2011. Evaluation of agronomic characteristics, forages production and Quality of corn hybrids for silage at paddy field in the middle region of korea. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 31(2) :127-134. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2011.31.2.127
- Holland, C., W. Kezar, W.P. Kautz, E.J. Lazowski, W.C. Mahanna, and R. Reinhart. 1990. The Pioneer forage manual; A nutritional guide. Pioneer Hi-Bred., Des Moines, IA.
- Kim, J.G., E.S. Chung, S, Seo, W.S. Kang, J.S. Yang and Y.M. Cho. 1998. Effects of Plant Density on Forage Yield and Quality of Corn. J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 18(1):49-54.
- Lee, S.S., T.J. Kim, D.H. Bae and T.S. Ham. 1986. Silage productivity of korean-improved and introduced corn genotype in the southern part of korea. Korean J. Crop Sci. 31(2):156-161.
- Growth Characteristics, Yield and Nutritive Values of New Teosinte, ‘Geukdong 6’ vol.36, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2016.36.2.150