- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on Structural Analysis of DCB Specimen Bonded with Aluminum Foam Composite
알루미늄 폼 복합재료로 된 접합된 DCB 시험편의 구조 해석에 관한 연구
- Choi, Hae-Kyu (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Kongju University) ;
- Kim, Sei-Hwan (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju University) ;
- Cho, Jae-Ung (Division of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Kongju University)
- Received : 2012.01.20
- Accepted : 2012.04.12
- Published : 2012.04.30
In this study, the fracture behaviour of DCB(double cantilever beam) specimen with aluminum foam composite materials is analyzed by simulation. The used model is 3D configuration on the basis of British industrial standard and ISO international standard. As the thickness of model is increased, the length of propagated crack is increased and the load becomes higher. The analysis result obtained by this study can be applied at the practical composite structure bonded with aluminum foam materials. The fracture behaviour is analyzed and the mechanical property can be understood.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- T. W. Kim, B. J. Kim, y. Kim, H. I. Kim, "Density and Geometric characteristic of aluminum foam for shock absorption performance", Journal of the Korea Society Mechanical Engineers, pp. 11-14, October, 2007.
- S. O. Boang, K. S. Kim, S. H. Kim, S. G. Song, J. U. Cho, "Study on Compression test of Aluminum foam and honeycomb sandwich composites", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation society, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 3802-3807, September, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.9.3802
- Blackman, B.R.K., Dear, J.P., Kinloch, A.J., MacGillivray, H., Wang, Y., Williams, J.G. and Yayla, P.,S. R. Ahuja, et al., "The Failure of Fibre Composites and Adhesively Bonded Fibre Composites under High Rates of Test Part III Mixed-mode I/II and Mode II Loadings", Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 31, No. 17, pp. 4467-4477, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00366342
- N. Y. Chung, S. G. Park, " Measurement of Interfacial crack length by ultrasonic attenuation coefficients on adhesively bonded components", Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 130-137, January, 2004.
- D. C. Ko, B. M. Kim, A. C. Taylor, "Test method of reliability for structural adhesive", Journal of the Korea society for precision engineering, pp. 1581-1582, June, 2011.
- British Standard, BS 7991, "Determination of the Mode I Adhesive Fracture Energy GIC of Structure Adhesives Using the Double Cantilever Beam (DBC) and Tapered Double Cantilver Beam (TDCB) Specimens", Imperial college of sience and technology(JISC), pp. 3-13, 2001.
- International Standards Organization, ISO 11343, Geneva(Switzerland), 1993.
- Swanson, J., Ansys 12.0, Ansys Inc, U.S.A, 2009.