- Volume 54 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Dietary Supplementation of Macsumsuk and Herb Resources on Egg Performance and Quality in Korean Native Crssbred Chicken
맥섬석과 한방제재 첨가급여가 재래닭 교잡종의 계란생산 및 품질에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Byung-Ki (1Gyeongsangbuk-do Livestock Research Institute) ;
- Hwang, Eun-Gyeong (Department of Hotel Culinary Art, Mungyeong College)
- Received : 2012.03.22
- Accepted : 2012.04.25
- Published : 2012.04.30
The study was conducted to investigate the effects of dietary supplementation of Macsumsuk and herb resources on the egg performance and quality in Korean native crossbred chickens. A total of three hundred sixty improved Korean native crossbred chickens in primary laying period were randomly allocated to four treatments (30 birds/treatment
Macsumsuk;Herb resources;Egg Production;Egg Quality
- Abrahams, P. W. 1997. Geophagy (soil consumption) and iron supplementation in Uganda Trop Med. Int. Health. 2, 617-623.
- AOAC. 2004. Official Methods of Analysis (16th Ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington. D. C.
- Bae, M J., Kim, S. J., Kim, B. K., Park, C. H., Suh, J. I., Kim, W. N., Jang, T. J. and Kweon, S. H. 2003. Study on the effect of chicken containing IgY against helicobacter pylori. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 32:1357-1363. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.8.1357
- Cameron. N. D. and Enser, M. 1991. Fatty acid composition of lipid in longissimus dorsal muscle of duroc and british landrace pigs and its relationship with eating quality. Meat Sci. 29:295-307. https://doi.org/10.1016/0309-1740(91)90009-F
- Choi, D. U., Um, P. K., Park. N. K. and Park, S. D. 1987. A study on the mineralogical characteristics and its agricultural use of barley stone (Diabase Porphyite). J. Korean Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 23:199-204.
- Cocjin, B, B., Roxas, G. F., Djajanegara, A. and Suknwati. A. 1994. Comparison of egg production and egg quality of philippine chickens and SCWL layers. Sustainable animal production and the environment. page 81-82. Proceedings of the 7th AAAP Animal Science Congress, Bali, Indonesia.
- Duncan, D. B. 1955. Multiple range test. Biometric. 11:1-6. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Folch, J. Lees and Sloane-Stanly, G. 1957. A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues. J. Biol. Chem. 26:497-507.
- Harms, R. H. and Damron, R. H. 1973. The influence of various dietary follers on the utilization of energy by poultry. Poultry Sci. 52: 2034-2041.
- Hong, J. W., Kim, I. H., Kwon, O. S., Lee, S. H., Lee, J. M., Kim, Y. C., Min, B. J. and Lee, W. B. 2001. Effects of korean medical herb residue supplementation on the egg quality and serum cholesterol of laying hens and heat stress. Korean J. Poult. Sci. 28:259-265.
- Jang, H. D., Kim, H. J., Sho, J. H., Chen, Y. J., Yoo, J. S., Min, B. J., Park, J. C. and Kim, I. H. 2007. Effects of dietary supplementation of ferments wild-ginseng culture by - products on egg productivity, Egg quality, Blood characteristics and ginsenoside concentration of yolk in laying hans. Korean J. Poult Sci. 34:271-278. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2007.34.4.271
- Kim, G. H. 2007. Effect of dietary fats on the cholesterol content and fatty acid composition of egg yolk. Kangwon National University graduate School MS. Thesis.
- Kim J. H. and Wang, S. G. 1997. Effects of mugwort, dried orange peel and duchung on lipid metabolism in hyperlipidemia rats. Korean J Nutrition. 30:895-903.
- Kim, B. K., Hwang, I. U., Kim, Y. J., Hwang, Y. H., Bae, M. J., Kim, S. M. and An, J. H. 2002. Effects of dietary panax ginseng leaves, dioscorea japonica hull and Oriental medicine refuse on physico chemical properties of Korean native chicken meat. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Rrsor. 22:122-129.
- Kim, H. S., Jo, J. K., Yoon, S. Y., Yun, K., Kwon, I. K. and Cga, B, J. 2011. Effects of Kaolin (Natural Ligneous Clay) supplementation on performance and egg quality in laying hans. J. Anim. Sci. Technol. 53:133-138. https://doi.org/10.5187/JAST.2011.53.2.133
- Lee, W. B., Kim, I. H., Hong, J. W., Kwon, O. S. and Lee, S. H. 2003. Influence of dietary germanium biotite on egg quality and fecal noxious gas contention laying hans. Korean J. Poult. Sci. 30:61-66.
- Nam, K. C., Du, M., Jo, V. and Ahn, D. Y. 2001. Cholesterol oxidation products in irradiated raw meat with different packaging and storage time. Meat Sci. 58:431-435. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(01)00046-8
- NRC. 1994. Nutrient Requirement of Poulty. Nation Research Council, Academy Press, Washington, D.C.
- Oliver, M. D. 1997. Effect of feeding clinoptilolite (zeolite) on the performance of three strains of laying hens. Brit. Poultry Sci. 38: 20-222.
- Park. J. H. 2002. The encyclopedia of Chinese crude drugs. Shinilbook. Com. pp. 114-392.
- Park, P. W. and Goins, R. E. 1994. In situ preparation of fatty acid methyl esters for analysis of fatty acid composition in filds. J. Food. Sci. 72(supple. 2):5.
- Park, J. H. and Song, Y. H. 1997. Nutritive values of korean medicine herb residue as dietary supplement for broiler chicks. Korean J. Anim. Nutr. Feed. 21:59-65.
- Roland, D. A., Sr, Laurent, S. M. and Orloff, H. D. 1985. Shell quality as influenced by zeolite with high ion-exchanges capability. Poultry Sci. 64:1177-1187. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0641177
- Rabon, H. W., Jr, Roland, D. A., S. R, Bryant, M. M., Smith, R. C., Barnes, D. G. and Laurent, S. M. 1995. Absorption of silicon and aluminum by hens fed sodium zeolite A with various levels of dietary cholesterol. Poultry Sci. 74:352-359. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0740352
- Ryu, K. and Song, G. S. 1999. Effects of feeding angellica byproducts on performance and meat quality of Korean native chicks. Korean J. Poult. Sci. 26:261-265.
- SAS. SAS/STAT. 2004. Users guide : Statics SAS Institute., Inc. Cary, NC. USA.
- Shon, K. S., Kwon, O. S., Min, B. J., Cho, J. H., Chen, Y. J., Kim, I. H. and Kim, H. S. 2004. Effects of dietary herb products (Animunin Powder) on egg characteristic blood components, and nutrient digedtibility in laying hans. Korean J. Poult. Sci. 31: 237-244.
- Spandorf, A. H., Malterson, I. D. and Hall, K. 1972. Result of feeding kaolin and alphacel when as ration dilucents. Poultry Sci. 40:54-458. (abster).
- Son, Y. S., Kim, S. H., Hong, S. H. and Lee, S. H. 1998. Effect of Feeding Bentonite and Granite Porphyry on Ruminal Buffering Activity and Fermentation Pattern. Korean J. Dairy Sci. 20: 21-32.
- Silversides, F. G. and Scott, T. A. 2001. Effect of storage and layer age on quality of eggs from two lines of hens. Poultry Sci. 80:1240-1245.
- Vember, D. E. 1966. Geophagy among the TiV of Nigeria Anm. Assoc. Am. Geogrs. 56:197-204. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8306.1966.tb00553.x