- Volume 49 Issue 2
Design and Fabrication of 4-beam Silicon-Micro Piezoresistive Accelerometer for TPMS Application
TPMS용 4빔 실리콘 미세 압저항형 가속도센서의 설계 및 제작
- Park, Ki-Woong (School of electrical engineering University of Ulsan) ;
- Kim, Hyeon-Cheol (School of electrical engineering University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2011.11.02
- Accepted : 2012.02.15
- Published : 2012.02.25
This paper presents the accelerometer which is a key component of TPMS(Tire Pressure Monitoring System). Generally a piezoresistive accelerometer has characteristics of lower cost, better linearity and better immunity about the environmnet noise than a capacitive one. Three types of piezoresistive accelerometers are degined and simulated using ANSYS program. The best one is a piezoresistive sensor which is supported by four beams located at the center of the edge of the mass after comparing the characteristics of resonant frequency of the three types. Considering the sensor size and a simulated maximum stress and maximum displacement, the length of beams is set as
Supported by : 현대중공업
- 신현옥, 손성현, 최시영,"빔 위치변화에 따른 4빔 압저항형 실리콘 가속도센서의 제조 및 특성비교", 대한전자공학회 논문지, 제 36권, 5호, pp. 606-613, 1999.
- L. Roylance and J. Angell, "Batch-fabricated silicon accelerometer," IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 26, pp. 1911-1917, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1109/T-ED.1979.19795
- K. H. Kim, J. S. Ko, Y, H, Cho, K. Lee, and B. M. Kwak, "A skewsymmetric cantilever accelerometer for automotive airbag application," Sensors and actuators A, vol.50, pp. 121-126, 1195.
- 신현옥, 김우정, 이재곤, 최시영,"빔 위치변화에 의한 4빔 압저항형 실리콘 가속도센서의 타축특성", Conference on Sensor Technology, 제 8회, pp. 200-205, 1997.
- By A. Alvin Barlian, Woo-Tae Park, Joseph R.Mallon, Jr., Ali J. Rastegar, and Beth L. Pruitt,"Review: Semiconductor Piezoresistance forMicrosystems," proceedings of the IEEE., vol.97, pp. 530-533, 2009.
- G. Ionascu, Technologies of Microtechnics forMEMS (in Romanian), Ed. Cartea Universitara, Bucharest, pp. 61-97, 2004.
- X.F. Zha, "Database System for Design and Manufacturing of MEMS",in Int. Journal of Adv. Manuf. Technol., 2007, 32, pp. 378-392. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-005-0336-y
- M.K. Lim, H. Du, C. Su, W.L. Jin, "A micromachined piezoresistive accelerometer with high sensitivity: design and modelling," Microelectronic Engineering., vol. 49, pp. 263-264, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-9317(99)00447-5
- Prem Pal, Kazuo Satoa, Mitsuhiro Shikidaa, Miguel A. Gosalvezb, "Study of corner compensating structures and fabrication of various shapes of MEMS structures in pure and surfactant added TMAH," Sensors and Actuators, vo.l 154, pp. 192-194, ,2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sna.2008.09.002