- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Constrained Optimum Match-filtering Method for Cross-equalization of Time-lapse Seismic Datasets
시간경과 탄성파 자료의 교차균등화를 위한 제약적 최적 맞춤필터링 방법
- Choi, Yun-Gyeong (Earth Environmental Data Processing Lab., Hansung University) ;
- Ji, Jun (Department of Information System Engineering, Hansung University)
- Received : 2012.01.16
- Accepted : 2012.02.24
- Published : 2012.02.29
The comparison between time-lapse seismic datasets is the most popular method in the reservoir monitoring. The method of extracting the changes only due to the change in the reservoir is the essential technique in the comparison of time-lapse seismic datasets. In the paper, the conventional cross-equalization approaches and an enhanced optimized approach have been tested and compared each other. As conventional approaches, the bandwidth equalization and phase rotation methods have been tested in frequency, time and mixed domains, respectively and their results were compared each other. In order to overcome the limit of the conventional approaches, which loses high frequency components, a new constrained optimum filtering method was proposed and experimented. The new constrained filtering method has shown the improvement in broadening the bandwidth of the components of reservoir changes by acquiring optimized match filter.
Supported by : 한성대학교
- 남명진, 김원식, 2011, 시간경과 탄성파 저류층 모니터링 개론, 지구물리와 물리탐사, 14, 203-213.
- Claerbout, J. F., 2012, Image Estimation by Example: Geophysical Soundings Image Construction, Stanford Exploration Project, http://sepwww.stanford.edu/sep/prof/.
- Johnstad, S. E., Uden, R. C., and Dunlop, K. N. B., 1992, 3-D seismic reservoir monitoring, 62nd Ann. Internat. Mtg., Soc. Expl. Geophys., Expanded Abstracts, 11, 275-277.
- Lumley, D. E., 1995, 4-D seismic monitoring of an active steamflood, 65th Ann. Internat. Mtg., Soc. Expl. Geophys., Expanded Abstracts, 14, 203-206.
- Rickett, J., 1997, Bandwidth-equalization and phase-matching of time-lapse seismic dataset, Report 94, Stanford Exploration Project, 33-44.
- Ross, C. P., and Altan, M. S., 1997, Time-lapse seismic monitoring: Some shortcomings in nonuniform processing, The Leading Edge, 16, 931-937. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1437701
- Ross, C. P., Cunningham, G. B., and Weber, D. P., 1996, Inside the cross-equalization black box, The Leading Edge, 15, 1233-1240. https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1437231
- Wang, Z., and Nur, A., 1986, Effect of temperature on wave velocities in sandstones and sands with heavy hydrocarbons, 46th Ann. Internat. Mtg., Soc. Expl. Geophys., Expanded Abstracts, 5, 3-5.