- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Interfacial Adhesion Properties of Surface Treated Polyarylate Fiber with Polyethylene Naphthalate
폴리아릴레이트 섬유의 표면처리에 의한 폴리에틸렌 나프탈레이트 수지와의 계면접착특성
- Yong, Da Kyung (BK21 FTIT, Dept. Advanced Organic Materials & Textile System Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Choi, Han Na (BK21 FTIT, Dept. Advanced Organic Materials & Textile System Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yang, Ji Woo (BK21 FTIT, Dept. Advanced Organic Materials & Textile System Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Seung Goo (BK21 FTIT, Dept. Advanced Organic Materials & Textile System Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- 용다경 (충남대학교 유기소재섬유시스템공학과) ;
- 최한나 (충남대학교 유기소재섬유시스템공학과) ;
- 양지우 (충남대학교 유기소재섬유시스템공학과) ;
- 이승구 (충남대학교 유기소재섬유시스템공학과)
- Received : 2011.12.14
- Accepted : 2012.02.28
- Published : 2012.01.31
Morphological changes of polyarylate (PAR) fiber treated with formic acid and ultraviolet (UV) were observed by using a scanning electron microscope (SEM) and an atomic force microscope (AFM). The results were analysed by using root mean square (RMS) roughness. In addition, the chemical changes of surface was investigated using contact angle and the interfacial adhesive strength between PAR fiber and PEN (Polyethylene naphthalate) matrix was calculated using the Pull-out test results. As the acid treatment concentration and UV irradiation time increased, cracks and pores were produced on the PAR fiber surface. Due to the roughness increased, the contact angle was decreased. For this reason, RMS roughness of PAR fiber was increased and the interfacial adhesive strength between the PAR fiber and PEN matrix was improved. The increase of interfacial adhesive strength was responsible for the increase of surface area which have cracks and pores.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- L. M. Sun, T. Sakoda, S. Ueta, K. Koga, and M. Takayanagi, Polym. J., 26, 961 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1295/polymj.26.961
- S. H. Jang and B. S. Kim, Polym. Eng. Sci., 35, 538 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760350612
- H. Y. Choi, T. S. Lee, J. Lee, and S. G. Lee, J. Adhesion and Interface, 12, 26 (2011).
- A. Krishnan and L. R. Xu, Expri. Mechanics, 50, 283 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-009-9318-6
- H. Gu, Mater. Des., 29, 1671 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2007.11.001
- G. Li, C. Zhang, Y. Wang, P. Li, Y. Yu, X. Jia, H. Liu, X. Yang, Z. Xue, and S. Ryu, Compos. Sci. Technol., 68, 3208 (2008).
- Y. Ren, C. Wang, and Y. Qui, Appl. Surf. Sci., 253, 9283 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2007.05.054
- S. G. Lee, D. C. Kim, and T. J. Kang, J. Korean Fiber Soc., 34, 459 (1997).
- M. Tanaka and Y. Moritaka, Adv. Space Res., 34, 1076 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asr.2003.03.039
- L. Goglio, M. Rossetto, and E. Dragoni, Int. J. Adhes. Adhes., 28, 427 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijadhadh.2008.04.001
- H. F. Zhao, M. Chen, and Y. Jin, Mater. Des., 30, 154 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2008.04.035
- Influence of Fiber Array Direction on Mechanical Interfacial Properties of Basalt Fiber-reinforced Composites vol.39, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7317/pk.2015.39.2.219
- Characteristic Changes in Vectran®Fibers Treated with Heat, HCl, and NaOH vol.51, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12772/TSE.2014.51.213
- Effect of poly(ether imide) blends on the physical properties of thermoplastic glass mat composites pp.1568-5519, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/09243046.2018.1458512