- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Recovery of Metallic Lithium by Room-Temperature Electrolysis: I. Effect of Electrode Materials
상온(常溫) 전해법(電解法)에 의한 리튬 금속(金屬)의 회수(回收): I. 전극물질(電極物質)의 영향(影響)
- Lee, Jae-O (School of Advanced Materials & System Eng., Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Park, Jesik (School of Advanced Materials & System Eng., Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Churl Kyoung (School of Advanced Materials & System Eng., Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2012.07.27
- Accepted : 2012.10.11
- Published : 2012.12.31
The room-temperature electrodeposition of metallic lithium was investigated from ionic liquid, 1-methyl-1-propylpiperidinium bis(trifluoromethanesulfonyl)imide (PP13TFSI) with lithium bis (trifluoromethanesulfonyl)imide (LiTFSI) as a lithium source. Cyclic voltammograms on gold working electrode showed the possibility of the electrodeposition of metallic lithium, and the reduction current on a gold electrode was higher than the value on platinum and copper. The metallic lithium could be electrodeposited on the gold electrode under potentiostatic condition at -2.4 V (vs. Pt-QRE) and was confirmed by analytical techniques including XRD and SEM-EDS. The dendrite-typed electrodeposits were composed of a metallic lithium and a alloy with gold substrate. And any impurity could be detected except for trace oxygen introduced during handling for the analyses.
Supported by : 환경부
- T. Matui and K. Takeyyama, 1995: Lithium deposit morphology from polymer electrolytes, Electrochimica Acta, 40(13-14), pp. 2165-2169. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-4686(95)00158-B
- S. Tobishima and T. Okada, 1985: Lithium cycling efficiency and conductivity for high dielectric solvent/low viscosity solvent mixed systems, Electrochimica Acta, 30(12), pp. 1715-1722. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-4686(85)87019-5
- X. Yang, Z. Wen, X. Zhu and S. Huang, 2005: Electrodeposition of lithium film under dynamic conditions and its application in all-solid-state rechargeable lithium battery, Solid State Ionics, 176(11-12), pp. 1051-1055. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssi.2005.02.009
- H. Ohno and M. Yoshizawa, 2002: Ion conductive characteristics of ionic liquids prepared by neutralization of alkylimidazoles, Solid State Ionics, 154-155, pp. 303-309. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-2738(02)00526-X
- M. Ue, M. Takeda, A. Toriumi, A. Kominato, R. Hagiwara, and Y. Ito, 2003: Application of Low-Viscosity Ionic Liquid to the Electrolyte of Double-Layer Capacitors, J. Electrochem. Soc., 150(4), pp. A499-A502. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1559069
- C. Nanjundiah, S.F. McDevitt, and V.R. Koch, 1997: Differential Capacitance Measurements in Solvent-Free Ionic Liquids at Hg and C Interfaces, J. Electrochem. Soc., 144(10), pp. 3392-3397. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.1838024
- Y.S. Fung and R.Q. Zhou, 1999: Room temperature molten salt as medium for lithium battery, J. Power Sources, 81-82, pp. 891-895. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(99)00127-5
- M. Egashira, T. Kiyabu, I. Watanabe, S. Okada, and J. Yamaki, 2003: The effect of Additives for Room Temperature Molten Salt-based Lithium Battery Electrolytes, Electrochemistry, 71(12), pp. 1114.
- H. Sakaebe, H. Matsumoto, and K. Tatsumi, 2007: Application of room temperature ionic liquids to Li batteries, Electrochimica Acta, 53(3, 20), p1048-1054. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2007.02.054
- J.S. Wilkes and M.J. Zaworotko, 1992: Air and water stable 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium based ionic liquids, Chem. Commun., 54, pp. 965-967.
- H. Sakaebe and H. Matsumoto, 2005: Electrochemical Aspects of Ionic Liquids, edited by H. Ohno, John Wiley and Sons Inc., Hoboken, NJ, p. 173.
- B. Garcia, S. Lavall'ee, G. Perron, C. Michot, and M. Armand, 2004: Room temperature molten salts as lithium battery electrolyte, Electrochimica Acta, 49, pp. 4583-4588. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2004.04.041
- J.S. Park, H.D. Jang, and C.K. Lee, 2012: Recovery of silicon from silicon sludge, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 21(5), pp.31-37. https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2012.21.5.31