- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seasonal variations in species composition by the stow nets and the stow net on boat fisheries in the Han River Estuary, Korea
한강 하구 해역에서 개량안강망 및 해선망으로 어획된 수산생물의 계절별 종 조성
- Oh, Taeg Yun (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Jae Bong (Dokdo Fisheries Research Center, ESFRI) ;
- Seo, Young Il (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Jong Hee (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Choi, Jung Hwa (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Kim, Jung Yun (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Lee, Dong Woo (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute)
- 오택윤 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 이재봉 (동해수산연구소 독도수산연구센터) ;
- 서영일 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 이종희 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 최정화 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 김정윤 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 이동우 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과)
- Received : 2012.09.20
- Accepted : 2012.11.16
- Published : 2012.11.30
Marine organisms were collected by the stow nets and the stow net on boat fisheries from April 2010 to November 2011 in the Han River Estuary and categorized as 126 species, 61 families, and 5 taxa. The species were consisted with 34 in Crustacea, 5 in Cephalopoda, 79 in Pisces, unidentified jellyfishes in Cnidaria, and Finless porpoise in Mammals. The major species were composed of fish and crustaceans in the Han River Estuary. The dominant species in Crustacea were Chinese ditch prawn (Palaemon gravieri), blue crab (Portunus trituberculatus), Ridgetail prawn (Exopalaemon carinicauda), and mantis crab (Oratosquilla oratoria), and those in Pisces were Korean anchovy (Coilia nasus), and Japanese grenadier anchovy (Coilia mystus). The length structures of the six dominant species have more than one mode in the Han River Estuary. It reflects that the species inhibit during a part of and/or whole lifetime in the Han River Estuary where they utilize as spawning and/or nursery grounds. Freshwater fishes were collected from station D where is the closest location to the Han River stream, and their appearances were well matched with the large amount of freshwater discharge due to flood periods. Principal components analysis (PCA) was carried out with species compositions and showed temporal and spatial differences by the variations of species.
Grant : 하구 어장 실효성 평가 및 관리 전략 개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Ahn SK and Jeong JC. 1997. The Ecology. Sangwang Pub Co, 1-485.
- Allen LG. 1982. Seasonal abundance, composition and productivity of the littoral fish assemblage in upper Newport Bay, California Fish Bull U.S. 80, 769-790.
- Cha HK, Lee JU, Park CS, Baik CI, Hong SY, Park JH, Lee DW, Choi YM, Hwang KS, Kim ZG, Choi KH, Shon HS, Kim DH and Choi JH, 2001. Shrimps of the Korean Waters. National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, Korea, 1-188.
- Chyung MK. 1977. The fishes of Korea. Iljisa Publishing Co, Seoul, 1-727.
- Elliott M and Dewailly F. 1995. The structure and components of European estuarine fish assemblages. Neth J Aquat Ecol 29, 394-417.
- Franco A, Franzoi P, Malavasi S, Riccato F, Torricelli P and Mainardi D. 2006. Use of shallow water habitats by fish assemblages in a mediterranean coastal lagoon. Estuar Coast Shelf Sci 66, 67-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2005.07.020
- Greenwood MFD and Hill AS. 2003. Temporal, spatial and tidal influences on benthic and demersal fish abundance in the Forth estuary. Estuar Coast Shelf Sci 58, 211-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-7714(03)00071-4
- Hong SY, Park KY, Park CW, Han CH, Suh HL, Yun SG, Song CB, Jo SG, Lim HS, Kang YS, Kim DJ, Ma CW, Son MH, Cha HK, Kim KB, Choi SD, Park KY, Oh CW, Kim DN and Choi IY. 2006. Marine invertebrates in Korean Coasts. Academy Publishing Company, Inc., Seoul, Korea, 1-479.
- Huh SH and Chung SG. 1999. Seasonal variations in species composition and abundance of fishes collected by an otter trawl in Nakdong River Estuary. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 35, 178-195.
- Hwang S and Rhow J. 2010. Seasonal variation in species composition of estuarine fauna collected by a stow net in the Han River Estuary on the mid-western coast of Korea. The Sea J Korean Soc Oceanogr 15, 72-85.
- Hwang SW, Kim JK and Lee TW. 2003. Seasonal variation of fish catch using a fence net in the shallow tidal flat off Ganghwado, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 36, 676-685. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2003.36.6.676
- Hwang S, Hwang H, Noh H and Lee T. 2005. Seasonal variation in species composition of fish collected by a bag net in the Geum River Estuary, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 38, 39-54. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2005.38.1.039
- Hwang S, Rhow J, Lee S, Park J, Hwang H and Im Y. 2010. Community structure of fauna collected by a fence net on Ganghwa tidal flat in the Han River Estuary, Korea. The Sea J Korean Soc Oceanogr 15, 166-175.
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CL, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 1995. Illustrated Book of Korean Fishes. Kyo Hak Publishing Co Ltd, 1-615.
- KMA (Korea Meteorological Administration). 2010. Annual Climatological Report, Korea Meteorological Administration, Seoul, Korea, 1-310.
- KMA (Korea Meteorological Administration). 2011. Annual Climatological Report, Korea Meteorological Administration, Seoul, Korea, 1-314.
- Lee CH, Ku DW, Noh TH, Moon HJ, Jeon SW and Huh KM. 2003. Environment Management Strategy for Han River Estuary in Korea. Korea Environment Institute, 1-241.
- Lee JB, Lee JH, Shin YJ, Zhang CI and Cha HK. 2010. Seasonal variation of fisheries resources composition in the coastal ecosystem of the middle Yellow Sea of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46, 126-139. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.2.126
- Lee JH, Lee JB, Kim JN, Lee DW, Shin YJ and Chang DS. 2009. Seasonal species composition of marine organism collected by a shrimp beam trawl in the Nakdong River Estuary, Korea. Kor J Ichty 21, 177-190.
- Lee TW and Seok KJ. 1984. Seasonal fluctuations in abundance and species composition of fishes in Cheonsu Bay using trap net catches. J Korean Soc Oceanogr 19, 217-227.
- Maes J, Taillieu A, Van Damme PA, Cottenie K and Ollevier F. 1998. Seasonal patterns in the fish and crustacean community of a turbid temperate estuary (Zeeschelde estuary, Belgium). Estuar Coast Shelf Sci 47, 143-151. https://doi.org/10.1006/ecss.1998.0350
- Methven DA, Haedrich RL and Rose GA. 2001. The fish assemblage of a Newfoundland estuary: diel, monthly and annual variation. Estuar Coast Shelf Sci 52, 669-687. https://doi.org/10.1006/ecss.2001.0768
- Moon BY, Jeon SL, Hyun MS, Hwang JS and Choi JK. 2011. A study on fish fauna and fish habitat- Downstream of Singok submergerd weir in Han River Estuary. Environmental Impact Assessment 20, 757-764.
- NFRDI 2002. Fishing Gear of Korea. Ministry of Maritime Affair and Fisheries, National Fisheries Research and Development Institute, 213-269.
- Shannon CE. 1948. A mathematical theory of communication. Bell System Technical Journal 27, 379-423. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1538-7305.1948.tb01338.x
- Sim K and Lee C. 1999. Fish fauna of the Saemankum area in the West Coast of Chollabuk-do, Korea. Korean J Environ Biol 17, 293-303.