- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Seasonal variations in species composition of fish assemblage collected by trammel net in coastal waters of the East Sea
동해 연안 자망에서 채집된 어류 종조성의 계절변동
- Choi, Kwang Ho (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Han, Moon Hee (Marine Bioscience and Technology, Graduate School, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Kang, Chang-Keun (POSTECH Ocean Science & Technology Institute, Pohang University of Science & Technology (POSTECH)) ;
- Park, Joo Myun (Division of Technology, Chonnam National University) ;
- Choi, Jung Hwa (Fisheries Resources Research Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Park, Jeong-Ho (Fisheries Resources & Environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Sohn, Myong Ho (Fisheries Resources & Environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Baeck, Gun Wook (Department of Marine Biology & Aquaculture, College of Marine Science, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Choy, Eun Jung (Korea Polar Research Institute, KIOST) ;
- Lee, Chung Il (Department of Marine Bioscience, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- 최광호 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 한문희 (강릉원주대학교 대학원 해양생물공학과) ;
- 강창근 (포항공과대학교 해양대학원) ;
- 박주면 (전남대학교 해양기술학부) ;
- 최정화 (국립수산과학원 자원연구과) ;
- 박정호 (동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 손명호 (동해수산연구소 자원환경과) ;
- 백근욱 (경상대학교 해양생명과학과) ;
- 최은정 (극지연구소) ;
- 이충일 (강릉원주대학교 해양자원육성학과)
- Received : 2012.09.25
- Accepted : 2012.11.14
- Published : 2012.11.30
Seasonal variation in species composition and abundance of fish assemblage in the north coast (NC: Ayajin) and central coast (CC: Hupo) of the East Sea were calculated using samples collected by trammel net during 2011-2012. A total of 20 species from NC and 17 species from CC were collected. Of the fishes collected, the dominant fish species were Glyptocephalus stelleri and Careproctus rastrinus in the NC, and Dasycottus setiger and G. stelleri in the CC. These 2 fishes accounted for 71.7% and 81.0% of the total number of individuals collected in the NC and CC, respectively. The number of fish species, number of individuals, biomass and species diversity indices fluctuated with the seasons. The cluster analysis and non-metric multidimensional scaling (MDS) based on Bray-Curtis similarity revealed that the fish assemblages classified into north and central groups. Analysis of similarity percentages of species contributions (SIMPER) indicated that most individual of G. stelleri and Gadus macrocephalus contributed to north group, and D. setiger and G. stelleri in central group, whereas 15 species contributed to 90% of the dissimilarity.
Trammel net;Fish assemblage;East Sea;Glyptocephalus stelleri;Dasycottus setiger;Careproctus rastrinus;Gadus macrocephalus
Grant : 장기해양생태계 연구: 환경변화와 생태계 반응
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술진흥원, 국립수산과학원
- Choi Y, Kim JH and Park JY. 2003. Marine Fishes of Korea. Kyo-Hak Publ, Seoul, Republic of Korea., pp. 646.
- Baeck GW, Huh SH, Park SC, kim JH and Park JM. 2010. Seasonal variation in species composition and abundance of fish assemblages collected by a threeside fyke net in the coastal waters off Gori, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 22, 186-194.
- Cha HK, Kwon HC, Lee SI, Yang JH, Chang DS and Chun YY. 2008. Maturity and spawning of Korean flounder Glyptocephalus stelleri (Schmidt) in the East Sea of Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 20, 263-271.
- Choi YU, Park HS and Oh SY. 2011. Effects of stocking density and feeding frequency on the growth of the pacific cod, Gadus macrocephalus. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 44, 58-63. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2011.44.1.058
- Clarke KR and Gorley RN. 2001. Getting started with PRIMER v5, user manual. tutorial. Primer-E, Plymouth.
- Gong Y and Shon SJ. 1982. The study on the marine thermo-front in the east sea of Korea. Rep Nat Fish Res Dep Inst 28, 24-54.
- Han KH, Son JC, Hwang DS, and Choi SH. 2002a. Species composition and quantitative fluctuation of fishes collected by trammel Net in coastal waters of Seokbyeong, Pohang. Kor J Ichthyol 14, 109-120.
- Han KH, Kim JH and Baek SR. 2002b. Seasonal variation of species composition of fishes collected by set net in coastal waters of Ulsan, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 14, 61-69.
- Hong BK, Kim JK, Park KD, Jeon KA, Chun YY, Hwang KS, Kim YS and Park KY. 2008. Species composition of fish collected in gill nets from Youngil Bay, East Sea of Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 41, 353-362. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.5.353
- Hwang JD, Lee YH, Shim JM, Youn SH, Jin HG, Kim YS, Kwon KY and Yoon SC. 2008. Physical oceanographic characteristics in Hupo coastal area during summer and autumn. 2007. J Kor Fish Soc 41, 505-510. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.6.505
- Hwang SD, Park YJ, Choi SH and Lee TW. 1997. Species composition of fish collected by trammel net off Heunghae, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 30, 105-113
- Kim CH and Kim K. 1983. Characteristics and origin of the cold water mass along the east coast of Korea. J Ocean Soc Kor 18, 73-83.
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CL, Lee YJ, kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated Books of Korean Fishes. Kyo-Hak Publ, Seoul, Republic of Korea., pp. 615.
- Kim SH and Lee JH. 2002. Mesh selectivity in trammel net for flat fish. Bull Korean Soc Fish Tech 38, 91-100. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2002.38.2.091
- KOSIS. 1990-2011. Statistic Database for Fisheries Production. Retrieved from http://www.kosis.kr/
- Lee CS, Hur YH, Lee JY, Kim WK, Hong SH, Hwang SJ and Choi SH. 2005. Maturity and spawning of pacific cod (Gadus macrocephalus) in the East Sea. J Kor Fish Soc 38, 245-250. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2005.38.4.245
- Lee HW, Hong BK, Sohn MH, Chun YY, Lee DW, Choi YM and Hwang KS. 2010. Seasonal variation in species composition of fish collected by trammel net around Dokdo, East Sea of Korea. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 43, 693-704. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2010.43.6.693
- Lee SI, Hwang SJ, Yang JH and Shim JM. 2008. Seasonal variation in species composition of gill net and trammel net catches in the coastal waters off Wangdol-cho, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 20, 291-302.
- Lee TW. 1999. Seasonal variation in species composition of demersal fish in Yongil Bay, east coast of Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 32, 512-519.
- Lee TW. 2011. Seasonal variation in species composition of demersal fish in the coastal water off Uljin and Hupo in the East Sea of Korea in 2002. Kor J Ichthyol 23, 187-197.
- MacDonald JS, Dadswell MJ, Appy RJ, Melvin GD and Methven DA. 1984. Fishes, fish assemblages and their seasonal movements in the lower Bay of Fundy and Passamaquoddy Bay, Canada. Fish Bull 82, 121-139.
- Nakabo T. 2002. Fishes of Japan with Pictorial Keys to the Species. Tokai Univ. Press., 1474.
- NFRDI. 2004. Commercial Fisher of the Coastal and Offshores Waters in Korea. 2nd Natl Fish Res Dev Ins., 333.
- NFRDI. 2009. Fishes of the Pacific Ocean. Natl Fish Res Dev Ins., 333.
- Park HH, Jeong EC, Bae BS, Yang YS, Hwang SJ, Park JH, Kim YS, Lee SI and Choi SH. 2007. Fishing investigation and species composition of the catches caught by a bottom trawl in the deep East Sea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 183-191. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.3.183
- Ryu JH, Kim PK, Kim JK and Kim HJ. 2005. Seasonal variation of species composition of fishes collected by gill net and set net in the middle East Sea of Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 17, 279-286.
- Seo YS, Park ME, Park JG and Lee SU. 2007. Egg development and juvenile growth of the pacific cod Gadus macrocephalus (Korean East Sea Population). J Kor Fish Soc 40, 380-386. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2007.40.6.380
- Shannon CE and Weaver W. 1949. The mathematical theory of communication. Univ. Illinois Press, Ubana., 177.
- Sohn MH, Lee HW, Hong BK and Chun YY. 2010. Seasonal variation of species composition by depths in deep sea ecosystem of the East Sea of Korea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46, 376-391. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.4.376
- Yang JH, Lee SI, Hwang SJ, Park JH, Kwon HC, Park KY and Choi SH. 2007. Maturity and spawning of spinyhead Sculpin, Dasycottus setiger (Bean) in the East Sea, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 19, 179-184.
- Yoon SC, Cha HK, Lee SI, Chang DS, Hwang SJ and Yang JH. 2008. Variations in species composition of demersal organisms caught by trawl survey in the East Sea. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 323-344. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.323
- Comparison of the Distribution of Demersal Fish Biomass Determined by Bottom Trawl and Hydroacoustic Surveys in the Northern East China Sea in Winter, 2014 vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0960
- Species Composition and Distribution of Trammel Net Catches in the Coastal Waters of Gangwon Province, Korea vol.47, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0945
- Species composition of the catches collected by trammel net in the coastal waters off Ulleungdo of Korea vol.51, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.567
- Seasonal Variation of Species Composition of Fish in the Coastal Waters off Wolseong Nuclear Power Plant, East Sea of Korea by Otter Trawl Survey vol.47, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0645
- Species Composition and Community Structure of Demersal Fish Caught by a Danish Seine Fishery in the Coastal Waters of the Middle and Southern East Sea, Korea vol.48, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0529
- Seasonal Variation in Food Web Structure and Fish Community Composition in the East/Japan Sea pp.1559-2731, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12237-019-00530-4