- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Migration and distribution changes of the Sandfish, Arctoscopus japonicus in the East Sea
동해안 도루묵, Arctoscopus japonicus의 회유와 분포변동 특성
- Yang, Jae-Hyeong (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Lee, Sung-Il (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Park, Kie-Young (Faculty of Marine Bioscience and Technology, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Yoon, Sang-Chul (Fisheries Resources Management Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- Kim, Jong-Bin (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, Southwest Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Chun, Young-Yull (Dokdo Fisheries Research Center, NFRDI) ;
- Kim, Sang-Woo (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Lee, Jae-Bong (Fisheries Resources and Environment Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI)
- 양재형 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소) ;
- 이성일 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 박기영 (강릉원주대학교 해양자원육성학과) ;
- 윤상철 (국립수산과학원 자원관리과) ;
- 김종빈 (국립수산과학원 남서해수산연구소) ;
- 전영열 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소 독도수산연구센터) ;
- 김상우 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소) ;
- 이재봉 (국립수산과학원 동해수산연구소)
- Received : 2012.05.09
- Accepted : 2012.10.16
- Published : 2012.11.30
Distribution pattern and fishing conditions of sandfish, Arctoscopus japonicus in the East Sae were explored using catch and catch per unit effort (CPUE) by eastern sea Danish seine and coastal gill net fisheries from 2004 to 2008. A. japonicus was one of major target species for the eastern sea Danish seine and coastal gill net fisheries in the East Sea, which were caught from April to October for the eastern Danish seine, and from October to December for the coastal gill net, respectively. In recent, the distribution and centroid of fishing ground moved northward, as seawater temperature increased. The species spawned in the coastal areas of Gangwon, northern East Sea, during winter, started to move to deeper water after spawning from spring, extended widely from Gangwon to Ulsan, southern East Sea, during summer, and migrated back to the spawning ground off Gangwon during autumn.
Arctoscopus japonicus;Sandfish;Distribution changes;East Sea;Migration
Grant : 동해연안어업 및 환경생태조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Baik CI, Hwang KS, Park JH, Kang YJ and Zhang CI. 1999. A population ecological study of white croaker, Argyrosomus argentatus HOUTTUYN in Korean waters. I. Distribution patterns. J Korean Soc Fish Res 2, 44-53.
- Choi SH, Chun YY, Son SJ and Suh HK. 1983. Age, growth and maturity of sandfish, Arctoscopus japonicus (Steindachner) in the eastern sea of Korea. Bull Nat Fish Res Dev Agency 31, 7-19.
- Choi KH, Cho KD, Kim DS, Kim JI and Kim SW. 2003. Fishing conditions of common squid (Todarodes pacificus steenstrup) in the Yellow sea. J Korean Soc Fish Res 6, 21-31.
- Chun YY, Hwang SJ, Hur YH and Han KH. 2004. Characteristics of the distribution of ichthyoplankton along the eastern coast of Korea. J Korean Soc Fish Res 6, 33-45.
- Chyung MK. 1977. The fishes of Korea. Il-Ji Sa Publishing Co, Seoul, 1-727.
- ESFRI (East Sea Fisheries Reasearch Institute). 2011. Scientific committee meeting of East Sea fisheries resources recovery project. PD-211-FR-003, 46-47.
- FAO. 2004. FAO Yearbook of Fishery Statistics, Capture Production. http://www.fishbase.org/report/FAO/FAOSearchMenu.cfm.
- Harden Jones FR. 1968. Fish migration. London, Ed Arnold Ltd, 1-325.
- Hong SH, Lee JB, Im YJ, Hwang HJ, Yeon IJ, Park YC, Ko TS, Ma CW and Park KY. 2002. Population ecology of pen shell, Atrina pectinata, in the western waters of Korea-I. Geographic distribution and biomass. J Korean Soc Fish Res 5, 12-23.
- Kawai H. 1991. Structure of synoptic scale in the Tsusima warm current and Impact on fisheries. Ocean Current and Biological, Ed Kawai Hideo, Kyoto University Academic Press, 35-48.
- Kim S and Kang S. 1998. The status and research direction for fishery resources in the East Sea/Sea of Japan. J Korean Soc Fish Res 1, 44-58.
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CY, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated book of Korean fishes. Kyohak Press, Seoul, 1-615.
- Lee SI, Yang JH, Yoon SC, Chun YY, Kim JB, Cha HK and Choi YM. 2009. Biomass estimation of sailfin sandfish, Arctoscopus japonicus, in Korean waters. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 42, 487-493. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2009.42.5.487
- MIFAFF (Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries). 1970-2008. Statical Year Book of Agriculture and Fisheries.
- Minami T. 1989. Spawning migration in sandfish, Arctoscopus japonicus, in Toyama bay. Res San, cou, Aki pre Fish Exp Sta 3, 42-44.
- Myoung JG, Kim BI, Lee SM and Jeon GB. 2002. The sea fishes of Korea. Darakwon press, Seoul, 1-287.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2000. Ecology and fishing ground of fishery stock in EEZ (exclusive economic zone). Yea moon co, Busan, 1-317.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2004. Commercial fishes of the coastal and offshore waters in Korea. 2nd ed Hangul Press, Busan, 1-333.
- NFRDI (National Fisheries Research and Development Institute). 2005-2009. Annual report of oceanographic observations for 2004-2008. NFRDI Report, Vol 53-57.
- Park CS, Lee DW, Kang YJ, Kim YS and Zhang CI. 1998. A study on the stock management of the sharp-toothed eel, Muraenesox cinereus (FORSKAL) in Korean waters. I. Distribution patterns, J Korean Soc Fish Res, 1, 1-10.
- Park YC, An DH and Cha EY. 2000. Distribuional characteristics of Lophius litulon (Jordan) in Korean waters. J Korean Soc Fish Res, 3, 60-67.
- Sakuramoto K, Kitahara T and Sugiyama H. 1997. Relationship between temperature and fluctuations in sandfish catch (Arctoscopu japonicus) in the coastal waters off Akita Prefecture. ICES J Mar Sci 54, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1006/jmsc.1996.0164
- Sokal PR and Rohlf FJ. 1995. Biometry (3rd ed.). WH Freeman, New York, 1-859.
- Watanabe K, Sugiyama H, Sugishita S, Suzuki N and Sakuramoto K. 2004. Estimation of distribution boundary between two sandfish Arctoscopus japonicus stocks in the Sea of Japan off Honshu, Japan using density indices. Bull Jap Soc Fish Ocean 68, 27-35.
- Distribution and Migration of Larval and Juvenile Sandfish Arctoscopus japonicus in the Coastal Waters off Gangwondo, Korea vol.46, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2013.0649
- Seasonal Variation of Species Composition of Fish in the Coastal Waters off Wolseong Nuclear Power Plant, East Sea of Korea by Otter Trawl Survey vol.47, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0645
- Genetic Relationships of Sandfish (Arctoscopus japonicas) from Five Different Areas of Korea and Japan Based on Mitochondrial DNA and Microsatellite Analyses vol.25, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2015.25.11.1204
- Acoustical backscattering characteristic depending on the changes in the body of sandfish (Arctoscopus japonicus) vol.52, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2016.52.1.036
- Species Composition and Community Structure of Demersal Fish Caught by a Danish Seine Fishery in the Coastal Waters of the Middle and Southern East Sea, Korea vol.48, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0529
- Target strength characteristics of sailfin sandfish (Arctoscopus japonicus) using ex situ experiment and acoustic model vol.51, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.3.405
- Target-strength Measurements of Sandfish Arctoscopus japonicus vol.53, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12601-017-0057-9