- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Species composition and seasonal variation of the aquatic organism caught by commercial fishing of the pot and gill net in the coastal waters off Taean, Korea
태안 연안에서 통발어선과 자망어선의 상업적 조업에 어획된 수산생물의 종조성 및 계절 변동
- Jeong, Gyeong-Suk ;
- Im, Yang-Jae ;
- Cha, Byung-Yul ;
- Hwang, Hak-Jin ;
- Kwon, Dae-Hyeon ;
- Park, Jong-Soo ;
- Jo, Hyun-Su
- Received : 2012.09.25
- Accepted : 2012.11.15
- Published : 2012.11.30
Species composition and seasonal variation of aquatic organism in the coastal waters off Taean, Korea were investigated using catches by commercial fishing of the pot and gill net from April 2010 to January 2011. A total of 58 species, 10,602 individuals and 547,569g of aquatic organism were collected during the study. Aquatic organism were composed of 22 species of Pisces, 20 species of Crustacea, 8 species of Gastropoda, 3 species of Echinodea, 2 species of Cephalopoda and Bivalvia, and 1 species of Holothuroidea. 41 species in 9 orders and 22 families were collected by the pot, and 28 species in 15 orders and 22 families were collected by the gill net. Volutharpa ampullacea was the most dominant in the pot, while Okamejei kenojei was the most dominant in the gill net. These two species accounted for 73.9% in the number of individuals, and 64.4% in biomass. The number of species was high in spring in the pot, and autumn in the gill net. The number of individuals and biomass were highest in winter and summer respectively in the pot, and summer in the gill net. The number of species of the consignment quantity caught by commercial fishery of the pot and gill net in Mohang was 12 and 14 respectively. Cluster analysis based on species composition of the 18 most common species showed that the species were separated into 3 different group. Group A was composed of species which were abundant in spring, group B was composed of species which were abundant in summer and autumn, and group C was composed of year-round residents.
Species composition;Seasonal variation;Taean;Pot;Gill net
- An YR and Huh SH. 2002. Species composition and seasonal variation of fish assemblage in the coastal water off Gadeok-do, Korea. 3. Fishes collected by crab pots. J Kor Fish Soc 35, 715-722. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2002.35.6.715
- An YR and Huh SH. 2003. Species composition and seasonal variation of fish assemblage in the coastal water off Gadeok-do, Korea. 4. Fishes collected by bottom gill nets. J Kor Fish Soc 36, 686-694.
- Bray JR and Curtis JT. 1957. An ordination of the upland forest communities of southern Wisconsin. Ecol Monogr 27, 325-349. https://doi.org/10.2307/1942268
- Choi Y and Jang JH. 2007. Ichthyofauna of intertidal zone in the Taean marinepark, western coast, Korea. Kor J Environ Biol 25, 297-302.
- Chyung MK. 1977. The fishes of Korea. Il-Ji Publishing. Co. Seoul, Korea, 1-727.
- Hong SY. 2006. Marine invertebrates in Korean coasts. Academy Publishing. Co. Seoul, Korea, 1-479.
- Huh SH and Kwak SN. 1998a. Seasonal variations in species composition of fishes collected by an otter trawl in the coastal water off Namhae Island. Kor J Ichthyol 10, 11-23.
- Huh SH and Kwak SN. 1998b. Species composition and seasonal variations of fishes collected by winged stow nets on anchors off Namhae Island. Bull Kor Soc Fish tech 34, 309-319.
- Hwang HB and Lee TW. 1999. Seasonal variation in species composition of fish with depth in Asan Bay. Kor J Ichthyol 11, 52-61.
- Hwang HB and Lee TW. 2011. Species composition of fish collected by a two-side fyke net in the coastal water off Taean in 2008. J Kor Fish Aquat Sci 44, 173-178. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2011.44.2.173
- Hwang SD, Park YJ, Choi SH and Lee TW. 1997. Species composition of fish collected by trammel net off Heunhae, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 30, 105-113.
- Kim HC, Lee WS, Hwang UK and Choi YS. 2010. Variation in the Residual Oils in the Culture Grounds on the Taean Coast, Korea after the Hebei Spirit Oil Spill. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 43, 705-714. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2010.43.6.705
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CL, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated book of Korean fishes. Kyo-Hak Publishing Co., Ltd., Seoul, Korea, 1-615.
- Lee JB, Lee JH, Shin YJ, Zhang CI and Cha HK. 2010. Seasonal variation of fisheries resources composition in the coastal ecosystem of the middle Yellow Sea of Korea. J Kor Fish Tech 46, 126-138. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.2.126
- Lee TW. 1996. Change in species composition of fish in Chonsu Bay. 2. Demersal fish. J Kor Fish Soc 29, 71-83.
- Lee TW. 1998. Change in species composition of fish in Chonsu Bay. 3. Pelagic fish. J Kor Fish Soc 31, 654-664.
- Lim HC and Choi Y. 2000. Fish fauna of the coastal waters off Taean in the west sea of Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 12, 215-222.
- Min DK, Lee JS, Koh DB and Je JG. 2004. Mollusks in Korea. Han-Geul Publishing. Co., Ltd., Seoul, 566.
- Noh HS, Youk KS, Hwang HB and Lee TW. 2009. Seasonal variation in species composition and abundance of shallow water fishes at Taean beaches, in the Yellow Sea of Korea. The Sea-J Kor Soc Oceanogr 14, 145-154.
- Ryu BS and Choi Y. 1993. The fluctuation of fish communities from the coast of Kunsan, Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 5, 194-207.
- Ryu JH, Kim PK, Kim JK and Kim HJ. 2005. Seasonal variation of species composition of fishes collected by gill net and set net in the middle east sea of Korea. Kor J Ichthyol 17, 279-286.
- Seo JY, Park SH, Shin HC, Lim HS and Choi JW. 2011. The Early Impacts of the'Hebei Spirit'Oil Spill on the Macrozoobenthic Communities in the Subtidal Area Around Tae-an, Western Coast of Korea. The Sea - J Kor Soc Oceanogr 16, 139-146.
- Shannon CE and Weaver W. 1949. The Mathematical Theory of Communication. Illinois University Press, Urbana, U.S.A., 117.
- Mesh selectivity of multifilament nylon gillnet for ocellate spot skate (Okamejei kenojei) in the western sea of Korea vol.49, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.352
- Comparison of Species Composition and Seasonal Variation of Demersal Organisms Caught by Otter Trawl in the Coastal Waters off the Taean Peninsula, in the West Sea of Korea vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0264
- Species composition and cluster analysis of the communities caught by dredge in relation to tooth spacing and mesh size in the coastal waters of Gangneung, Korea vol.50, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2014.50.4.530
- Species Composition and Community Structure of Demersal Organisms Caught by Shrimp Beam Trawl in the Coastal Waters of Gunsan of West Sea vol.28, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2016.28.1.211
- Fishing Characteristic of Beam Trawl Fishery in the Coastal Waters of Chungnam Province, Korea vol.19, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7837/kosomes.2013.19.5.459
- Species composition and community structure caught by shrimp beam trawl in the marine ranching ground of Taean, Korea vol.49, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.49.3.238
- Distribution and Seasonal Changes of Fisheries Resources in the Gwangyang bay vol.30, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2018.12.30.6.2163
Supported by : 국립수산과학원