- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Feeding Habits of Sebastiscus marmoratus in the Coastal Waters of Jeju Island, Korea
제주 연안에 서식하는 쏨뱅이 (Sebastiscus marmoratus)의 식성
- Received : 2012.04.16
- Accepted : 2012.10.19
- Published : 2012.11.30
The feeding habits of Sebastiscus marmoratus collected from the Western Coastal Waters of Jeju Island between June 2008 and July 2009 were studied based on examination of the stomach contents. A total 254 individuals of S. marmoratus ranged from 13.2 to 29.6cm (mean 20.7cm) in Standard length (SL). S. marmoratus consumed mainly teleosts such as Chromis notata and Sebastes inermis. Its diet also includes shrimps and crabs. The individuals smaller than 15cm SL consumed mainly shrimps, but on the other hand the individuals larger than 25cm SL consumed mainly fishes. The proportion of fish consumption increased with increasing size of S. marmoratus.
Feeding habits;Sebastiscus marmoratus;Jeju Island;diet;shrimps;fishes
- Baeck GW, Yeo YM, Jeong JM, Park JM and Huh SH. 2011. Feeding habits of Scorpion fish, Sebastiscus marmoratus, in the coastal waters of Tongyeong, Korea. Kor J Ichthy 23, 128-134.
- Bae HC, Chung SC, Lee JJ and Lee YD. 1998. Annual reproductive cycle and Embryonic Development within the maternal body of the marbled rockfish, Sebastiscus marmoratus from the Cheju Island. J Kor Fish Soc 31, 489-499.
- Bae HC and Chung SC. 1999. Age and growth of the marbled rockfish, Sebastiscus marmoratus from the coastal waters of Cheju Island. J Kor Fish Soc 32, 432-437.
- Cha HK, Lee JU, Baik CI, Hong SY, Park JH, Lee DW, Choi YM, Hwang KS, Kim ZG, Choi KH, Sohn HS, Sohn MH, Kim DH and Choi JH. 2001. Shrimp of the Korean Water. Hanguel Graphics Busan, Korea,
- Huh SH and Kwak SN. 1998. Feeding habits of Sebastes inermis in the eelgrass (Zostera marina) bed in Kwangyang Bay. J Kor Fish Soc 31, 168-175.
- Huh SH, Park JM, Nam KM, Park SC, Park CI and Baeck GW. 2008a. Feeding habits of Scorpaena neglecta in the Coastal waters off Busan. Korean J Ichthyol 20, 117-122.
- Huh SH, Nam KM, Coo HG and Baeck GW. 2008b. Feeding habits of Sebastes thompsoni in the coastal waters off Busan, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 41, 32-38. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2008.41.1.032
- Huh SH, Park JM, Park SC, Jeong DS, Park CI and Baeck GW. 2009. Feeding habits of lateolabrax japonicus in the coastal waters off Dolsan-do, Yeosu. Korean J Ichthyol 21, 23-27.
- Kim CK and Kang YJ. 1999. Feeding ecology of black rockfish, Sebastes inermis. J Kor Fish Soc 32, 637-641.
- Kim GS, Sohn MH, Kwak SN, Park JM and Huh SH. 2009. Feeding habits of released black rockfish, Seastes inermis in coastal waters off Jam Island, Jinhae Bay, Korea. J Kor Fish Soc 42, 73-77.
- Kim HS. 1973. Illustrated Encyclopedia of Fauna & Flora of Korea. Vol. 14. Anomura.Brachyura. Ministry of Education, Korea, 694.
- Kim IS, Choi Y, Lee CL, Lee YJ, Kim BJ and Kim JH. 2005. Illustrated book of Korean fishes. Kyohak Publ Co Seoul, Korea, 615.
- Kim IS and Lee WO. 1993. Taxonomic revision of the scorpionfishes (Pisces: Scorpaenidae) with four new records from Korea. Korea J Zool 36, 452-475.
- Kim YU, Han KH, Kang CB, Kim JK and Byun SK. 1997a. The early life history of the rockfish, Sebastiscus marmoratus-1.Egg development and morphology of larvae by artificial treatment in aquarium. Korean J Ichthyol 9, 178-185.
- Kim YU, Han KH, Kang CB, Kim JK and Byun SK. 1997b. The early life history of the rockfish, Sebastiscus marmoratus-2.Morphology and skeletal development of larvae and juvenile. Korean J Ichthyol 9, 186-194.
- Oh SR, Huh SP, Lim BS, Lee CH and Lee YD. 2006. Ovarian differentiation of the scorpion fish, Sebastiscus marmoratus. Dev Reprod 10, 193-196.
- Park KD, Kang YJ, Huh SH, Kwak SN, Kim HW and Lee HW. 2007. Feeding ecology of Sebastes schlegeli in the Tongyeong Marine Ranching Area. J Kor Fish Soc 40, 308-314. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2007.40.5.308
- Pinkas L, Oliphant MS and Iverson ILK. 1971. Food habits of albacore, bluefin tuna and bonito in California waters. Fish Bull 152, 1-105.
- Takeda M. 1982. Keys to Japanese and Foreign Crustaceans. Hokuryukan, Tokyo, 284.
- Yoon CH. 2002. Fishes of Korea with Pictorial Key and Systematic List. Academy Publ Co Seoul, 341.
Grant : 2012년 남해연안 어업 및 환경생태조사
Supported by : 국립수산과학원