- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Estimating the economic effectiveness of LED fishing light systems for the squid jigging fishery
오징어 채낚기어업의 LED 집어시스템 도입에 따른 경제성 분석
- Seo, Ju-Nam (Technology Management Center, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute) ;
- An, Heui-Chun (Aquaculture Industry Division, East Sea Fisheries Research Institute, NFRDI) ;
- Kim, Do-Hoon (Department of Marine Business and Economics, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2012.09.18
- Accepted : 2012.10.23
- Published : 2012.11.30
The fuel cost of fishing lights for squid jigging fishing vessels takes about 30% of total fishing costs and over 65% of total fuel costs, which indicates the necessity of development of cost-reducing and high efficient fishing light system. This study aimed to analyze the economic effectiveness of LED fishing light systems in combination with metal halide lamp for the squid jigging fishery. Analytical results showed that the level of fishing profits of vessels using LED lights could be different with those of vessels using metal halide lights. That is, when a fuel cost could be reduced by 30%, fishing profits of vessels using LED lights might be the same as those of vessels using metal halide lights, and fishing profits of vessels using LED lights could be higher than those of vessels using metal halide lights when a fuel cost could be reduced by 50%.
Economic effectiveness;Sensitivity analysis;Net prevent value;Internal rate of return;fish-luring;LED lamp
Grant : 채낚기용 고효율 집어시스템 기술개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- An YI and Jang UJ. 2011. Analysis of management situation for squid jigging fisheries. Journal of Gangwon Provincial college 14, 1-11.
- Bae BS, Park BJ, Jeong EC, Yang YS, Park HH, Chun YY and Chang DS. 2009. Design and performance evaluation of fihing-luring system using the aircooled LED lamp for jigging and angling boat. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 45, 85-95 https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2009.45.2.085
- Bae BS, Jeong EC, Park HH, Chang DS and Yang YS. 2008. Behavioral characteristic of Japanese flying squid, Todarodes pacificus to LED light. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 294-303. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.294
- Brealey R and Myers S. 1996. Principles of Corporate Finance. 5th ed., McGraw-Hill, Chapter 5 and 12.
- Brigham E and Gapenski L. 1997. Financial Management: Theory and Practice. 8th ed, Dryden Press, Chapter 9.
- Hwang JW and Kim DH. 2009. An Economic Feasibility Comparison of the extruded pellets and moist pellet on the Oliver Flounder Culture Farms. J Fish Econ 40, 189-205.
- Kim DH and Lipton D. 2011. A comparison of the economic performance of offshore and inshore aquaculture production system in Korea. Aqua Econ Manag 15, 103-117. https://doi.org/10.1080/13657305.2010.549165
- Revenko VL and Lapkina IA. 1997. Methods and models of investment analysis in the shipping industry. Cybernetics and Systems Analysis 33, 571-580. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02733114
- Catch performance and fuel consumption of LED fishing lamps in the Korea hairtail angling fishery vol.83, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12562-017-1072-6
- The economic feasibility of light-emitting diode (LED) lights for the Korean offshore squid-jigging fishery vol.116, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2015.08.012
- An economic feasibility analysis of the automatic operation system development for hairtail trolling line in Jeju region, Korea vol.54, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFOT.2018.54.2.164