- Volume 48 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Calculation of weight on netting with the changes of size and number of mesh for monofilament gill net fishing gear
그물코의 길이와 콧수의 변화에 따른 모노필라멘트 자망 그물감의 중량 계산
- Park, Seong-Wook (Fisheries System Engineering Division, National Fisheries Research & Development Institute)
- 박성욱 (국립수산과학원 시스템공학과)
- Received : 2012.08.06
- Accepted : 2012.09.24
- Published : 2012.11.30
A net-assembling company for gill net fishing gears makes a design based on the size of nets provided and determines floats, types of weights, and numbers. In addition, through the accurate examination of net weights in the process of fishing gear designing, it can prevent an excessive use of designing costs. The weight of twine can be easily calculated by its thickness differences, but the weight of netting has errors to be calibrated since the weight of netting is not changing exponentially with the changes of number and size of meshes. This study aims to suggest and empirically analyze the methods for estimating the weights of netting in accordance with the changes of number, size and thickness of meshes for a sound management of netting and net-assembling companies. Results indicated that the method using the knots and legs of netting was not practically usable because the errors were increased as the number of mesh increased. However, the method using netting area shown its usage potentiality with the calibration of the increasing ratio of mesh numbers.
Grant : 생분해성 수산자재의 응용 기술개발
Supported by : 국립수산과학원
- Kim TH, Kim KH, Kim JO and Jeong EC. 2000. Resistance to weathering with materials for fisheries facilities. -photodegradation mechanisms of netting twines for fisheries facility-. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 36, 45-53.
- Kristjonsson H. 1959. Modern fishing gear of the world. Fishing news LTD, England, 102-106.
- Park SW and Bae JH. 2008. Weatherability of biodegradable polybutylene succinate (PBS) monofilaments. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 265-272. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.4.265
- Park SW, Bae JH, Lim JH, Cha BJ, Park CD, Yang YS and Ahn HC. 2007. Development and physical properties on the monofilament for gill nets and traps using biodegradable aliphatic polybutylene succinate resin. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 281-290. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.4.281
- Park SW and Kim SH. 2012. Effects of heat setting temperature conditions on the mechanical properties of polybutylene succinate (PBS) monofilament yarn after net-making. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 48, 20-28. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2012.48.1.020
- Park SW, Kim SH, Choi HS and Cho HH. 2010. Preparation and physical properties of biodegradable polybutylene succinate/polybutylene adipate -coterephthalate blend monofilament by melt spinning. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 46, 257-264. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2010.46.3.257
- Park SW, Park CD, Bae JH and Lim JH. 2007. Catching efficiency and development of the biodegradable monofilament gill net for snow crab, Chionoecetes opilio. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 43, 28-43. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2007.43.1.028
- Kim DA. 1976. Studies on Strength of Netting (1). Bull Kor Fish Soc 9, 1-7.
- Kim DA. 1976. Studies on Strength of Netting (2). Bull Kor Fish Soc 9, 13-18.