- Volume 27 Issue 6
The use of dry chemical powder has been increased as it can be stored for a long period and sustain in stable condition compared to gas or liquid phase extinguishing agents. A new type of dry chemical powder using Zeolite was produced in the research. Chemical powder was adsorbed into Zeolite 13X, a porous material appearing negative catalytic effect, to create extinguishing powder obtaining core shell structure and measured physical properties and run a small scale fire extinguishment. SEM, XRD, TA analysis was also executed, and extinguishing characteristics were measured by fire extinguishing experiment on oil pool fire. The experiment showed that the average particle size of Zeolite 13X was equivalent, indicating about
dry chemical powder;zeolite 13X;extinguishing agents;extinguishing powder
- A. Hamins, "Flame Extinction by Sodium Bicarbonate Powder in a Cup-Burner", The Combustion Institute, 27, pp. 2857-2864, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(98)80144-6
- K. Kuang, X. Huang and G. Liao, "A Comparison between Superfine Magnesium Hydroxide Powders and Commercial Dry Powders on Fire Suppression Effectiveness," Process Safety and Environment Protection, 86, pp. 182-188, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psep.2007.11.002
- H. Zhang and G. Zhu, "The Super Fine Powders Applications in Fire Protection Technology", Fire Tech. Prod. Inform., 6, pp. 14-16, 1997.
- W. Yuan,, H. Chen, R. Chang and L. Li, "Synthesis and Characterization of NaA Zeolite Particle as Intumescent Flame Retardant in Chloroprene Rubber System," Particuology, 9, pp. 248-252 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.partic.2010.05.016
X. Ni, K. Kuang and D, Yang, "A New Type of Fire Suppressant Powder of
$NaHCO_3$/zeolite nanocomposites with Core-shell Structure," Fire Safety Journal, 44, pp. 968-975, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.firesaf.2009.06.004
- H. J. Lee, Y. M. Kim, O. S. Kweon and L. J. Kim, "Structural and Morphological Transformation of NaX Zeolite Crystals at High Temperature", Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 27, pp. 561-564, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeurceramsoc.2006.04.156
- D. Hird and M. J. Gregsten, "The Extinction of Flammable Liquid Fires by Dry Chemical Extinguishing Agents", Fire Research Station, Fire Research Note 239, 1956.
Supported by : 충북대학교