- Volume 27 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Static Collapse Characteristics of CFRP Single and Double Hat Shaped Section Members according to the Interface Number for Lightweight
경량화용 CFRP 단일 모자형 부재와 CFRP 이중 모자형 부재의 계면수 변화에 따른 정적압궤특성
- Received : 2012.09.11
- Accepted : 2012.12.03
- Published : 2012.12.31
Currently, the most important purpose in designing automobile is environment-friendly and safety performance aspect. CFRP(Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics) of the advanced composite materials as structure materials for vehicles, has a wide application in lightweight structural materials of air planes, ships and automobiles because of high strength and stiffness. In this study, experimental investigations are carried out for CFRP single and double hat shaped section member in order to study the effect of various stacking condition. They were cured by heating to the appropriate curing temperature(
carbon fiber reinforced plastic;collapse mode;energy absorbed characteristics;single and double hat shaped section member
- M. Tani and A. Funahashi, "Energy absorption by the plastic deformation of body structural members." Paper 783068 presented at S.A.E. Annual Meeting, Detroit, February 1978. 2002.
- Q. Wang, Z. Fan and L. Gui, "Theoretical analysis for axial crushing behaviour of aluminium foam-filled hat sections." Int. J. Mech. Sci. 49: 515-521, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2006.06.011
- C. S. Cha, J. Y. Kang and I. Y. Yang, "Axial Impact Collapse Analysis of Spot Welded Hat shaped Section member," KSME International Journal, Vol. 15. pp. 180-191. 2001.
- M. D. White, N. Jones and W. Abramowicz, " Theoretical Analysis for the Quasi-static Axial Crushing of Top-hat and Double-hat Thin-walled Sections," Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 41, pp. 209-233, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(98)00048-4
- M. Avalle and G. Belingardi, "Experimental Evaluation of the Strain Field History During Plastic Progressive Folding of Aluminum Circular Tubes," Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 39, pp. 575-583, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(96)00063-X
- S. Li and S. R. Reid, "Relationship Between theElastic Bucking of Square Tubes and Rectangular Plates,"International Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 57, pp. 969-973.pp. 239-244, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2897669
- Y. N. Kim, J. J. Hwang, K. Y. Baek, C. S. Cha and I. Y. Yang, "Impact Collapse Characteristics of CF/Epoxy Composite Tubes for Light-weights," KSME International Journal, Vol. 17, pp. 48-56, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02984285
- B. J. Kim and S. J. Heo, "Collapse Characteristics of Aluminum Extrusions Filled with Structural Foam for Space Frame Vehicles" Inernational Journal of Automotive Technology 4: 141-147.2007, 2003.
- A. G. Hanssen, M. Langseth and O. S. Hopperstad, "Optimum Design for Energy Absorption of Square Aluminum Columns with Aluminium foam Filler."Int. J. Mech. Sci. 43: 153-176, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(99)00108-3
- G. L. Farley and R. M. Jones, "Prediction of Energy- Absorption Capability of Composite tubes" Journal of Composite Materials Vol. 26, pp. 388-404, 1991.
- A. G. Mamilis, D. E. Manolakos, G. A. Demosthenous and W. Johnson, "Axial Plastic Collapse of Thin Bi-Material Tubes as Energy Dissipating Systems." International Journal of Impact Engineering Vol. 11, pp. 185-196, 1991 https://doi.org/10.1016/0734-743X(91)90005-Z
- Y. N. Kim, H. S. Choi, C. S. Cha, K. H. Im, J. A. Jung and I. Y. Yang, "Influence of Stacking Sequence Conditions on the Characteristics of Impact Collapse using CFRP Thin-Wall Structures." The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 2945-2951, 2000.
- K. S. Lee, H. K. Seo, Y. J. Yang, W. C. Hwang, K. H. Im and I. Y. Yang, "Collapse behavior evaluation of hybrid thin-walled member by stacking condition." Trans. Nonferrous Met. Soc. Chinas Vol. 21, pp. s135-s140, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1003-6326(11)61077-7
- S. Li and S. R. Reid, "Relationship Between the Elastic Bucking of Square Tubes and Rectangular Plates." International Journal of Applied Mechanics Vol. 57, pp. 969-973, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2897669
- M. Avalle and G. Belingardi, "Experimental evaluation of the strain field history during plastic progressive folding of aluminum circular tubes." Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 39, pp. 575-583, 1990.
- A. A. Singace, "Axial crushing analysis of tubes deforming in the multi-mode." Int. J. Mech. Sci., Vol. 41, pp. 865-890, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7403(98)00052-6
- S. K. Kim, K. H. Im, Y. N. Kim, J. W. Park, I. Y. Yang and T. Adachi, "On the characteristics of energy absorption control in thin-walled members for the use of vehicular structures." Key Engineering Materials Vol. 233-236, pp. 239-244, 2003. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.233-236.239
- N. Aya and K. Takahashi, "Energy absorption characteristics of vehicles body structure."Japan Society of Automotive Engineers Bulletin 7:65-74, 1976.