- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Development of Web-based Off-site Consequence Analysis Program and its Application for ILRT Extension
격납건물종합누설률시험 주기연장을 위한 웹기반 소외결말분석 프로그램 개발 및 적용
- Na, Jang-Hwan (Central Research Institute, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd.) ;
- Hwang, Seok-Won (Central Research Institute, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd.) ;
- Oh, Ji-Yong (Central Research Institute, Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2012.05.04
- Accepted : 2012.10.10
- Published : 2012.10.31
For an off-site consequence analysis at nuclear power plant, MELCOR Accident Consequence Code System(MACCS) II code is widely used as a software tool. In this study, the algorithm of web-based off-site consequence analysis program(OSCAP) using the MACCS II code was developed for an Integrated Leak Rate Test (ILRT) interval extension and Level 3 probabilistic safety assessment(PSA), and verification and validation(V&V) of the program was performed. The main input data for the MACCS II code are meteorological, population distribution and source term information. However, it requires lots of time and efforts to generate the main input data for an off-site consequence analysis using the MACCS II code. For example, the meteorological data are collected from each nuclear power site in real time, but the formats of the raw data collected are different from each site. To reduce the efforts and time for risk assessments, the web-based OSCAP has an automatic processing module which converts the format of the raw data collected from each site to the input data format of the MACCS II code. The program also provides an automatic function of converting the latest population data from Statistics Korea, the National Statistical Office, to the population distribution input data format of the MACCS II code. For the source term data, the program includes the release fraction of each source term category resulting from modular accident analysis program(MAAP) code analysis and the core inventory data from ORIGEN. These analysis results of each plant in Korea are stored in a database module of the web-based OSCAP, so the user can select the defaulted source term data of each plant without handling source term input data.
- USNRC, Performance-Based Containment Leak Test Program, NUREG-1493, 1995.
- 교과부 고시 2001-42호: 원자로 격납건물 누설률시험에 관한 기준.
- USNRC, Code Manual for MACCS II : Preprocessor Codes COMIDA2, FGRDCF, IDCF2, Vol. 2, NUREG/CR-6613, 1998.
- EPRI, Risk Impact Assessment of Revised Containment Leak Rate Testing Intervals, EPRI TR-104285, 1994.