- Volume 27 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Numerical Study on the Isothermal Flow Field abound Rectangular Cross Section Bluff Body
사각형 둔각물체 주위의 유동장 특성에 관한 수치적 연구
- Lee, Jung-Ran (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Lee, Eui-Ju (Department of Safety Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2012.07.09
- Accepted : 2012.09.21
- Published : 2012.10.31
The Numerical simulation was performed on the flow field around the two-dimensional rectangular bluff body in order to complement the previous experimental results of the bluff body stabilized flames . For both fuel ejection configurations against an oxidizer stream, the flame stability was affected mainly by vortex structure and mixing field near bluff body. FDS(Fire Dynamic Simulator) based on the LES(Large Eddy Simulation) was employed to clarify the isothermal mixing characteristic and wake flow pattern around bluff body. The air used atmosphere and the fuel used methane. The result of counter flow configuration shows that the flow field depends on air velocity but the mixing field is influenced on the fuel velocity. At low fuel velocity the fuel mole fraction is below the flammable limit and hence the mixing is insufficient to react. Therefore, as the result, the flame formed at low fuel velocity is characterized by non-premixed flames. For the flow field of co-flow configuration, flame stability was affected by fuel velocity as well as air velocity. the vortex generated by fuel stream has counter rotating direction against the air stream. Therefore, the momentum ratio between air and fuel stream was important to decide the flame blow out limit, which is result in the characteristic of the partially premixed reacting wake near extinction.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- D.H Kim, K. S Yang and Mamoru Senda, "Large eddy Simulation of Turbulent Flow in Planar Combustor", KSME, Vol. 24, No.10, pp. 1409-1416, 2000
- R. H. Chen, J. F. Driscoll, J. Kelly, M. Namaziam and R.W. Schefer, "A Comparison of Bluff-Body and Swirl-Stabilized Flames", Combust. Sci. Technol Vol. 71, pp. 197-217, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1080/00102209008951632
- S. J. Shanbhogue, S. Husain and T. Lieuwen, "Lean Blowoff of Bluff Body Stabilized Flames: Scaling and Dynamics", Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Vol. 35, pp. 98-120, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2008.07.003
- B. B. Dallya, A. R. Masria, R.S. Barlowb, G. J. Fiechtnerb and D.F. Fletcher, "Measurements of NO in Turbulent Non-premixed Flames Stabilized on a Bluff Body", Proc. Combust. Inst. Vol. 26, pp. 2191-2197, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(96)80045-2
- A. Kempfa, R. P. Lindstedta and J. Janickab, "Largeeddy Simulation of a Bluff-body Stabilized Nonpremixed Flame", Combust and Flame Vol. 144, pp. 170-189, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2005.07.006
- B.B. Dallya, D. F. Fletcherb and A. R. Masria, "Flow and Mixing Fields of Turbulent Bluff-body Jets and Flames", Combustion Theory and Modelling, Vol. 2, Issue 2, pp. 193-219, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1088/1364-7830/2/2/006
- Y. Chen, C. Chang, K. Pan, and J. Yang, "Flame Lift-off and Stabilization Mechanisms of Nonpremixed Jet Flames on a Bluff-body Burner", Combustion and flame, Vol. 115, pp. 51-65, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(97)00336-2
- P. Koutmos, C. Mavridis and D. Papailiou, "A study of Turbulent Diffusion Flames Formed by Planar Fuel Injection into the Wake Formation Region of a Slender Square Cylinder", Proc. Combust. Inst., Vol. 26 , pp. 161-168, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(96)80213-X
- A. G. Bakrozis, D. Papailiou and P. Koutmos, "A Study of the Turbulent Structure of a Two-dimensional Diffusion Flame Formed Behind a Slender Bluff-body", Combust and Flame Vol. 119, pp. 291-306, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(99)00061-9
- D. Papailiou, P. Koutmos and A.G. Bakrozis, "Simulations of Fuel Injection and Flame Stabilization in the Wake Formation Region of a Slender Cylinder", Proc. Combust. Inst. Vol. 28, pp. 91-99, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0082-0784(00)80199-X
- P. Koutmos, D. Papailiou, A. Bakrozis, "Experimental and Computational Study of Square Cylinder Wakes with Two-dimensional Injection into the Base Flow Region", European J. Mech. B/Fluids, Vol. 23, Issue. 2, pp. 353-365, 2004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechflu.2003.09.004
- 이정란, 이의주, "둔각물체를 이용한 엔진 나셀 화재 소화특성", 한국안전학회지, 27권 1호, pp. 21-25, 2012.
- I. Glassman and R. A. Tetter, "Combustion", Elsevier, San Diago, 2008.
- B. J Armstrong and F.H Barnes, "A Comparison of the Structure of the Wake Behind a Circular Cylinder in a Steady Flow with that in a Perturbed Flow", Physics of Fluid, Vol. 30, Issue 1 pp. 19-26, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.866170
- I. Esquiva-Dano, H. T. Hguyen, and D.escudie, "Influence of a Bluff-Body's Shape on the Stabilization regime of Non-premixed Flames", Combustion and Flame, Vol. 127, pp. 2167-2180, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-2180(01)00318-2
- K. McGrattan, B. Kelin, S. Hostikka and J. Floyd, "Fire Dynamics Simulator User's Guide", NIST special publication 1019-5.