- Volume 34 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Oxygen Transfer and Hydraulic Characteristics in Bubble Column Bioreactor Applied Fine Bubble Air Diffusing System
미세기포 산기장치를 적용한 타워형 생물반응기의 산소전달 및 수력학적 특성
- Lee, Seung-Jin (Technical Research Center, ANT21) ;
- Ko, Kyeong-Han (Technical Research Center, ANT21) ;
- Ko, Myeong-Han (Technical Research Center, ANT21) ;
- Yang, Jae-Kyeong (Department of Environment Health Science, Cheong yang College) ;
- Kim, Yong-Guk (Yuseong District Office)
- Received : 2010.11.18
- Accepted : 2012.11.28
- Published : 2012.11.30
For improving performance of conical air diffuser generating fine bubble, both experimental and numerical simulation method were used. After adapting diffusers inner real scale bubble column, suitable for various diffuser submergence, the effect of diffuser submergence on oxygen transfer performance such as Oxygen Transfer Coefficient (
Supported by : 한국환경산업기술원
- R. P. Chhabra and D. Ee Kees, "Transport Processes in Bubbles, Drops, and Particles," Hemisphere Publishing Corp., ISBN 0-89116-999-7 (1992).
- George Martin Brown, "Heat or Mass Transfer in a Fluid in Laminar Flow in a Circular or Flat Conduit," AIChE, 6, 2 (1960).
- W. G. Burns, "Suppression by Dissolved Hydrogen of Radiolysis of Water by Mixed Radition Fields," AERE-M2702 (1975).
- P. Legile, G. Menard, C. Laurent, D. Thomas, and A. Bernis, "Contribution to the Study of an Inverse Three-phase Fluidized Bed Operating Countercurrently," Int. Chem. Eng., pp. 32-41(1992).
- D. Garcia-Calderon, P. Buffiere, R. Moletta, and S. Elmaleh, "Anaerobic Digestion of Wine Distillery Wastewater in Down- Flow Fluidized Bed," Water Res., 32, 3593(1998). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(98)00134-1
- D. G. Karamanev and L. N. Nikolov, "Bed Expansion of Liquid-Solid Inverse Fluidization," AIChE. J., 38, 1916(1992). https://doi.org/10.1002/aic.690381208
- Boon, A. G. and Houck, D. H., "Survey and Evaluation of Fine Bubble Dome Diffuser Aeration Equipment," EPA-600/ S2-81-222, U. S. EPA(1981).
- Akita, K. and F. Yoshida, "Bubble Size, Interfacial Area, and Liquid Phase Mass Transfer Coefficient in Bubble Columns," Ind. Enc. Chem., Proc. Des. Devel., 13(1), 84-91(1974) https://doi.org/10.1021/i260049a016
- "Measurement of Oxygen Transfer in Clean Water," ANSI/ASCE 2-92, 2nd Ed, American Society of Civil Engineers (1992).
- Ippen, A. T. and Carver, C. E., Jr., "Basic Factors of Oxygen Transfer in Aeration Systems," Sewage Works J., 26, 813- 827(1954).
- Garner, F. H. and D. Hammerton, "Circulation inside Gas Bubbles," Chem. Eng. Sci., 3(1), 1-11(1954).
- Dold, P. and Fairlamb, M., "Estimating Oxygen Transfer KLa, SOTE and Air Flow Requirements in Fine Bubble Diffused Air Systems," WEFTEC 2001: Session 31-40, pp. 780-791(2001).
- Johnson, T. L. and McKinney, R. E., "Modeling Full-scale Diffused Aeration System," Proc. ASCE Environ. Eng. Conference(1994).
- Mass Transfer Characteristics of Vertical Two-Phase Flows with Orifice Nozzle vol.39, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2015.39.10.817