- Volume 39 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Survey on current status of vegetable seed markets of Guangdong and Yunnan provinces in China for the development of domestic vegetable seed industry
국내 채소 종자산업 활성화를 위한 중국 광동성 및 운남성 채소 종자시장 현황 조사
- Kwak, Jung-Ho ;
- Yoon, Moo Kyoung ;
- Park, Suhyung ;
- Kim, Dae-Young ;
- Cheong, Seung-Ryong ;
- Shin, Hyun-Ho ;
- Lee, Sang-Kil ;
- Lim, Yong Pyo
- Received : 2012.11.13
- Accepted : 2012.12.24
- Published : 2012.12.31
Vegetable seeds are one of the most important key factors to determine the way of vegetable's production, distribution, processing and storage. Unfortunately, because of international exchange crisis in 1997, the most of main Korean seed companies were merged into foreign capitals. Currently, many domestic seed companies are incapable of their own survey and development of vegetable seed markets in foreign countries. To provide valuable seed market information for these companies, China, especially Yunnan and Guangdong provinces in China, was selected. Since China is one of the major vegetable seed importers. Also, Yunnan and Guangdong provinces are the most promising targets to export Korean vegetable seeds. The current status of vegetable production in China was analyzed with consideration of Yunnan and Guangdong provinces. The contents of survey and analysis are covering major vegetable crops' cultivation area, farm number, cultivation type, production amount, market price, farm income, packaging method, distribution type and amount of seed consumption. And particularly, major horticultural characteristics of leading varieties were presented to assist the development of exportable varieties of domestic seed companies. We assume the results of this study would be practically usable for the development of exportable varieties.
- KSA. 2012. Import status of vegetable seeds for 2011 of Korean Seed Association. November 2, 2012. http://www.kosaseed.or.kr. [translated in English]
- RDA. 2011. World and Korean vegetable markets. Rural Development Administration. p. 9-48.
- NBSC. 2010. Value of Chinese seed market for 2010 of National Bureau of Statistics of China. November 5, 2012. http://www.stats.gov.cn. [translated in English]
- KCCI. 2012. Current status of Korean seed company for 2012 of The Korea Chanber of Commerce & Industry. October 25, 2012. http://www.korcham.net. [translated in English]
- USDA. 2012. Current status of Chinese seed market for 2012 of United States Department of Agriculture. October 20, 2012. http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome.