- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Bearing Pressure of Inverted T-type Retaining Walls Subjected to Seismic Motion
지진시 동토압을 받는 역 T형 옹벽의 접지압 산정에 관한 연구
- 이진선 (원광대학교 토목환경공학과)
- Received : 2011.12.28
- Accepted : 2012.04.05
- Published : 2012.04.30
Pseudo static analysis using the Mononobe-Okabe method and numerical analysis considering a small strain nonlinearity from the soil were performed to determine the bearing pressure changes of the inverted T-type retaining wall subjected to earthquake motions. In many cases, an inverted 'T' type retaining wall of more than 10 m shows bearing capacity failure under earthquake conditions, despite showing sufficient bearing capacity during normal conditions. The most important reason for this is the change of the effective base area during an earthquake. In this paper, the change of the effective base area of an inverted 'T' type wall is analyzed by using finite difference element code (FLAC). In addition, the effect of dynamic bearing capacity coefficients (which has been suggested by several researchers but not adopted in current design codes and procedures) was verified.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- Mononobe, N., and Matsuo, H., "On the Determination of Earth Pressure During Earthquakes," Proceedings, World Engineering Conference, 1929.
- Steedman, R. S., and Zeng, X., "The Influence of Phase on the Calculation of Pseudo-Static Earth Pressure on A Retaining Wall," Geotechnique, Vol. 40, 103-112, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19188.8.131.52
- Richards, R., and Elms, D. G., "Seismic Behavior of Gravity Retaining Walls," ASCE Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 105, 449-464, 1979
- Richards, R., Elms, D. G., and Budhu, M., "Seismic Bearing Capacity and Settlements of Foundations," ASCE Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 119, No. 4, 662-674, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1993)119:4(662)
- Soubra, A. H., "Upper-bound Solutions for Bearing Capacity of Foundations," ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 125, No. 1, 59-66, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(1999)125:1(59)
- Paolucci, R., and Pecker, A., "Seismic Bearing Capacity of Shallow Strip Footing on Dry Soils," Soils and Foundation, Vol. 37, No. 3, 68-79, 1997.
- Kumar, J., and Rao, M., "Seismic Bearing Capacity Factors for Spread Foundation," Geotechnique, Vol. 52, No. 2, 79-88, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.2002.52.2.79
- Budhu, M., and Al-Karni, A. A., "Seismic Bearing Capacity of Soils," Geotechnique, Vol. 43, No. 1, 181-187, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.206
- Koseki, J., Tateyama, M., Horii, K., Munaf, Y., and Kojima, K., "Back Analyses of Case Histories and Model tests on Seismic Stability of Retaining Walls," 11th Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 1, 399-402 1999.
- 건설교통부, 내진설계기준연구(II), 1997
- 국토해양부, 구조물 기초 설계기준해설, 한국지반공학회(구미 서관), 217, 2009.
- 대한토목학회 교량설계핵심기술 연구단, 도로교 설계기준 해설, 기문당, 799, 978, 2008.
- Department of the Army and the Air Force, Unified Faciliites Criteria(UFC), Soils and Geology Procedures for Foundation Design of Building and Other Structures (Except Hydraulic Structures), UFC 3-220-03FA, 6-1, 2004.
- Itasca, FLAC(Fast Lagrangian Analysis of Continua) User's Manual, Itasca Consulting Group, Minneapolis, MN., 2010.
- Masing, G., "Eigenspannungen und Verfestigung beim Messing," Proceedings of the Second International Congress of Applied Mechanics, 332-335, 1926.
- Seed, H. B., and Idriss, I. M., Soil Moduli and Damping Factors for Dynamic Response Analysis, Report No. UCB/ EERC-70/10, Earthquake Engineering Research Center, University of California, Berkeley, December, 48, 1970.
- Knappett, J. A., Haigh, S. K., and Madabhushi, S. P. G., "Mechanisms of Failure for Shallow Foundations under Earthquake Loading," Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 91-102, 2006.
- 해양수산부, 항만 및 어항시설의 내진설계 표준서, 1999
- Green, R. A., Olgun, C. G., and Cameron, W. I., "Response and Modeling of Cantiliever Retaining Walls Subjected to Seismic Motions," Computer-Aided Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Vol. 23, 309-322, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8667.2007.00538.x
- Aitken, G. H., Seismic Response of Retaining Walls, MS Thesis, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, NewZealand, 1982.
- Nadim, F., and Whitman, R. V., "Seismically Induced Movement of Retaining Walls," ASCE Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 109, No. 7, 915-931, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1983)109:7(915)