- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Pre- and Post-Transplant Nutritional Assessment in Patients Undergoing Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
동종 조혈모세포 이식 전후 영양상태 평가
- Park, Mi-Young (Asan Medical Center) ;
- Park, Jeong-Yun (Department of Clinical Nursing, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 2011.12.10
- Accepted : 2012.02.01
- Published : 2012.02.29
Purpose: This study was performed to identify the pre-and post-transplant nutritional assessment for patients undergoing allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT). Methods: The subjects of this study were 25 patients undergoing allogeneic HSCT. The data collection was performed from January 31st to March 31st, 2011. The Patient-Generated Subjective Global Assessment (PG-SGA), anthropometrics and biochemical test were collected from the time they entered the isolation unit until they left. Results: Pre-transplant nutritional assessment status indicated moderate malnutrition which scored
- Kang YA, Lee MS. Ethnography on isolation unit for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2008;9:31-42.
- Bensiner WI, Martin PJ, Storer B, Clift R, Forman SJ, Negrin R, et al. Transplantation of bone marrow as compared with peripheral-blood cells from HLA-identical relatives in patients with hematologic cancers. NEJM 2001;344:175-81. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM200101183440303
- Yang YH, Kwon SJ, Kim CI. The nutritional status of the patients with cancer during the chemotherapies. J Korean Acad Nurs 2001;31:978-87. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2001.31.6.978
- Dreizen S, McCredie KB, Keating MJ, Andersson BS. Nutritional deficiencies in patients receiving cancer chemotherapy. Postgrad Med J 1990;33:330-5.
- Min HS, Hwang WH. The effects of nutritional education program on nausea and vomiting, anorexia, food intake, and nutritional status of GI cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2010;20:38-47.
- Monica MS, Raquel DP, Miguel AC, Alfonso M, Fernando HN. Nutritional recommendations in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Nutrition 2008;24:769-75. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2008.02.021
- So EJ, Kim JY, Jung SJ, Park S. Analysis of the factor relating nutritional status in discharging of leukemia patients receiving chemotherapy. Korean J Nutr 2010;43:26-33. https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2010.43.1.26
- Middleton MH, Nazarenko G, Nivison-Smith I, Smerdely P. Prevalence of malnutrition and 12-month incidence of mortality in two Sydney teaching hospitals. Intern Med J 2001;31:455-61. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1445-5994.2001.00109.x
- So HS. Assessment of appetite and nutritional status in cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy: A prospective study. J Korean Acad Nurs 1999;29:1179-91. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.1918.104.22.1689
- Barrera R. Nutrition support in cancer patients. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2002;26:63-71. https://doi.org/10.1177/014860710202600163
- Kim HM. Management of chemotherapy-related toxicity: Nutrition support during chemotherapy. Korean Soc Clin Oncol 2005;4:23-33.
- Bechard LJ, Guinan EC, Feldman HA, Tang V, Duggan C. Prognostic factors in the resumption of oral dietary intake after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) in children. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 2007;31:295-301. https://doi.org/10.1177/0148607107031004295
- Wedrychowicz A, Spodaryk M, Krasowska A, Gozdzik J. Total parenteral nutrition in children and adolescents treated with high-dose chemotherapy followed by autologous haematopoietic transplants. Br J Nutr 2010;103:899-906. https://doi.org/10.1017/S000711450999242X
- Forchielli ML, Azzi N, Cadranel S, Paolucci G. Total parenteral nutrition in bone marrow transplant: What is the appropriate energy level? Oncology 2003;64:7-13. https://doi.org/10.1159/000066513
- Maurizio M, Gabriella G, Saveria C, Anna PI, Fillippo RF. Nutritional metabolic support in patients undergoing bone marow transplantation. Am J Clin Nutr 2002;75:183-90. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/75.2.183
- Rzepecki P, Barzal J, Sarosiek T, Szczylik C. Biochemical indices for the assessment of nutritional status during hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: are they worth using? A single center experience. Bone Marrow Transplant 2007;40:567-72. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bmt.1705767
- Bae JH, Kim SK. The effect of total parenteral nutrition on hospitalized patients according to nutritional status. Korean J Community Nutr 2003; 8:574-83.
- Takatwuka H, Takemoth Y, Iwata N, Suehiro A, Hamano T, Okamoto T, et al. Oral eicosapentaenoic acid for complications of bone marrow transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant 2001;28:760-74.
- Arfons LM, Lazarus HM. Total parenteral nutrition and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant 2005;36:281-8. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bmt.1705039
- Lynne D. Good nutrition for good surgery: clinical and quality of life outcomes. Australian Prescriber 2003;26:136-40. https://doi.org/10.18773/austprescr.2003.100
- Yang YH, Choi SM, Kim EK. Changes in nutritional status of general medical patients during hospitalization. J Korean Clin Nurs Res 1997; 27:49-60.
- Hadjibabaie M, Iravani M, Taghizadeh M, Ataie-Jafari A, Shamshiri SA, Mousavi SA, et al. Evaluation of nutritional status in patients undergoing hematopoietic SCT. Bone Marrow Transplant 2008;42:469-73. https://doi.org/10.1038/bmt.2008.188
- Ottery FD. Definition of standardized nutritional assessment and interventional pathways in oncology. Nutrition 1996;12:15-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0899-9007(96)90011-8
- Curtas S, Champman G, Meguid MM. Evaluation of nutritional status. Nurs Clin North Am 1998;24:301-13.
- Frisancho AR. New norms of upper limb fat and muscle areas for assessment of nutritional status. Am J Clin Nutr 1981;34:2540-5. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/34.11.2540
- Donoghue M, Nunnally C, Yasko JM. Nutritional needs of cancer patients. Nurs Clin North Am 1982;16:295-302.
- Park HJ. Nutritional Assessment for hemopoietic stem cell transplantation patients [dissertation]. Seoul:Catholic Univ.;2000.
- Michele L, Kuszajewski LM. Prealbumin is best for nutritional monitoring in hospital. Nursing 2005;35:70-1.