- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Symptom Experience and Resilience on Quality of Life in Patients with Colorectal Cancers
대장암 환자의 증상경험과 극복력이 삶의 질에 미치는 효과
- Choi, Kyung-Sook (Department of Nursing, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Park, Jung-Ae (Department of Nursing, Jinju Health College) ;
- Lee, Joo-Hyun (Research Institute of Nursing Science, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2012.01.05
- Accepted : 2012.02.02
- Published : 2012.02.29
Purpose: This study aimed to investigate the influence of resilience and symptom experience on quality of life. Methods: Seventy five patients in an active treatment stage were recruited from 2 hospitals between October and December 2010. A survey including perceived health status, physical functional status, the symptom experience index, resilience, and the functional assessment of cancer therapy-colorectal (FACT-C) was completed. Results: The level of FACT-C was 86.61 (
Supported by : 중앙대학교
- National Cancer Information Center. National cancer statistics. Available at: http://www. cancer.go.kr/cms/statics/survival_rate/index.html [accessed on 2 October 2011].
- Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs. Annual report of national cancer registration project (The cancer statistics in 2009). Available at: http://stat.mw.go.kr [accessed on 10 October 2011].
- Hwang DY. The Secret of 1.5meters. Seoul:The Early Morning Publisher;2003.
- Ferrell B, Wisdom C, Werize C. Quality of life as outcome variable in the management of cancer pain. Cancer 1989;63:2321-7. https://doi.org/10.1002/1097-0142(19890601)63:11<2321::AID-CNCR2820631142>3.0.CO;2-T
- Contrim H. Impact of colorectal cancer on patient and family: Implica tion for care. Eur J Oncol Nur 2008;12:217-26. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejon.2007.11.005
- Park HM, Ha NS. Influencing predictors of quality of life in colorectal cancer patient with colostomy. Clin Nurs Res 2006;12:123-31.
- Garmezy N. Children in poverty: resilience despite risk. Psychiatry 1993;56:127-36. https://doi.org/10.1080/00332747.1993.11024627
- Kim HS. The concept development of the resilience [dissertation]. Seoul: Chung-Ang Univ.;1996.
- Kadner KD. Resilience: responding to adversity. J Psychosocial Nurs & Men Health Ser 1989;27:20-59.
- Wagnid G, Young HM. Development and psychometric evaluation of the resilience scale. J Nurs Measurement 1993;1:165-78.
- Strauss B, Brix C, Fischer S, Leppert K, Fuller J, Roehrig B, et al. The influence of resilience on fatigue in cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy (RT). J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2007;133:511-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00432-007-0195-z
- Hasse J. The adolescents resilience model as a guide to interventions. J Pediatr Oncol Nurs 2004;21:289-99. https://doi.org/10.1177/1043454204267922
- Sim MK. Influence of resiliency factors on adaptation in families of children with cancer. J Korean Acad Child Health Nurs 2004;10;383-94.
- Shin YH, Sim MK, Kim TI. Resilience and health-related quality of life in children with chronic illness. J Korean Acad Child Health Nurs 2006;12:295-303.
- Shin HW, Lee JH. A correlation study on the resilience of children with cancer and their mothers. J Korean Oncol Nurs 2008;8:24-31.
- Moon JR, Jung YY, Huh J, Kang IS, Park SW, Yang JH, et al. Relationship between depression and resilience in adolescents with congenital heart disease. Korean J Pediatr 2006;49:523-8. https://doi.org/10.3345/kjp.2006.49.5.523
- Lee IS, Park YS, Song MS, Lee EO, Kim HS, Park YH, et al. A Study on the development of the Korean family resilience scale. J Korean Acad Nurs 2002;32:560-9. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2002.32.4.560
- Lee EK. A study on factors affecting cancer patients. J Korean Acad Soc Nurs Edu 2007;13:52-8.
- Jun YI. Resilience on the therapeutic process of cancer patients who receive chemotherapy [dissertation]. Seoul:Korea Univ.;2008.
- Shin SJ, Jung DY, Hwang EH. Concept analysis of resilience in patients with cardiovascular diseases. J Korean Acad Nurs 2009;39:788-95. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.6.788
- Fu M, McDaniel R, Rhodes V. Measuring symptom occurrence and symptom distress: development of the symptom experience index. J Ad Nur 2007;59:623-34. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2007.04335.x
- Song YS. Determinants of resilience of the physically disabled at home [dissertation]. Busan:Kosin Univ.;2004.
- Ward W, Hahn E, Mo F, Hernandez L, Tulsky D, Cella D. Reliability and validity of the functional assessment of cancer therapy-colorectal (FACT-C) quality of life instrument. Qua Life Res 1999;8:181-95. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008821826499
- Kim H, Yoo HJ, Kim YJ, Han OS, Lee KH, Lee JH, et al. Development and validation of Korean functional assessment cancer therapy-general (FACT-G). Korean J Clin Psych 2003;22:215-29.
- Kim YJ, Yoo HJ, Kim JC, Han OS. Preoperative quality of life in rectal cancer patients: male vs female. Korean J Clin Psych 2003;22:743-62.
- Courneya K, Friedenreich C, Quinney H, Fields A, Jones L, Fairey A. A randomized trial of exercise and quality of life on colorectal cancer survivors. Eur J Cancer Care 2003;12:347-57.
- Han MR. Resilience, social support, spiritualty in wives of alcoholics [dissertation]. Seoul: Yonsei Univ.;2004.
- Kwon IG, Hwang MS, Kwon KM. Quality of life of the terminal cancer patients receiving home care nursing. J Korean Clin Nurs Res 2008;14:103-14.
- Yoon C, Joo HZ, Shin YD, Lee HM. A Study of the quality of life following after curative surgery for gastric cancer. J Korean Surg Soc 2001;60:405-12.