- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Relationships between Knowledge, Attitude and Preventive Health Behavior about Cancer in University Students
대학생의 암에 대한 지식, 태도 및 예방적 건강행위의 관계
- Kim, Ick-Jee (Kosin University Graduate School) ;
- Kim, Sang-Hee (College of Nursing Science, Kosin University)
- Received : 2012.01.05
- Accepted : 2012.01.27
- Published : 2012.02.29
Purpose: The study was to identify the relationships between levels of knowledge, attitude and preventive health behavior about cancer in university students. Methods: The data were analyzed with the SPSS/Win 18.0 program. The participants of this study were 200 university students. Three kinds of instruments were used for this study, questionnaires about cancer-related knowledge, attitude and preventive health behavior from Suh et al. (1998). Results: The mean score for knowledge about cancer was
- Korea National Statistical Office. Statistic about death and cause of death on 2008.
- Oh BJ. General oncology nursing. 1st ed. Korea:Shinkwang Publishers; 2005.
- Song JM. Middle school teachers' knowledge and behavior of fitness exercise. Seoul:Yonsei Univ.;2005.
- Sallis JF, Hovell M. Determinants of exercise behavior. Exercise and Sports Sciences Review 1990;18:307-30.
- Min HJ. A study on osteoporosis knowledge, health beliefs and health promoting behaviors among female college students. Daejeon:Eulji Univ.; 2011.
- Choi GH. A study on middle.high school students health knowledge and health behavior. Seoul:Kyung Hee Univ.;2000.
- Mager RF. Developing attitude toward learning. Belmont:Fearon Publishers;1978.
- Lee WJ. Health practices of university students. Korean J Health Promot 1999;16:157-71.
- Promoting health through schools:report of a WHO Expert committee on comprehensive school health education and promotion. Geneva: WHO;1997.
- Perry C, Jessor R. The concept of health promotion and the prevention of adolescent drug abuse. Health Education Quarterly 1985;12:176-83.
- Yarcheski A, Mahon NE. A causal model of positive health practices: The relationship bet ween approach and replication. Nurs Res 1989;38:88-93.
- Ru EJ, Kwon YM, Lee GS. Social-psychological health and health promoting lifestyle practice in college students. Korean J Health Promot 2001;18:49-60.
- Yoon HS, Cho YC. A study on the preventive attitudes and health behavior of life-style related diseases in college students. Korean J Health Promot 2005;22:229-44.
- Kang CR, Kwon SN, Kwon HR, Park SK, Song IH, Oh HI, et al. Correlation analysis of perceived stress and smoking status among smoking university students. J Korean Acad Child Health Nurs 2003;37:125-42.
- Song JY. Perception of and pattern of alcohol consumption and their effects on health-related behavior among college students. Wonju:Sangji Univ.;2008.
- Han GS. The relationship between self-efficacy and health promotion behavior and stress symtom of university students. J Korean Acad Nurs 2005;35:585-92. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.3.585
- Park OS. A study on cervical cancer knowledge, attitudes, and practice of some of the women in Busan city. Busan:Inje Univ.;1993.
- Suh SR, Chung BY, So HS, Tae YS. A study to advance the development of educational programs for the early detection and prevention of the five major cancer in Korea. J Korean Acad Adult Nurs 1998;10:268-80.
- Park SY. The effects of cancer prevention and early detection education on cancer related knowledge, attitude, and preventive health behavior of middle aged woman in Korea. Daegu:Keimyung Univ.;2000.
- Jung GY, Park JS, Kim HO, Yun MO, Moon MY. A survey of nurses' and doctors' knowledge toward cancer pain management. Clin Nurs Res 2004;10:111-24.
- Kim SK. Knowledge, attitude, and preventive health behavior of high school students on the six most common cancers in Korea. Daegu:Keimyung Univ.;2004.
- Kim YS. The relationship of knowledge, attitudes about cancer and health behavior for cancer prevention in high school students. J Korean Acad Child Health Nurs 2010;16:102-11. https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2010.16.2.102
- Lee YN. A study on knowledge, attitude, and preventive practice of cancer in middle school students. Jinju:Gyeongsang National Univ.;2009.
- Hwang HG. Factors affecting university students' health promotion behavior. Daegu: Daegu Haany Univ.;2008.
- Lee CG. A Study on the correlation between junior college physical education majors' levels of health information and attitudes/behaviors to good health. Seoul:Myongji Univ.;2004.
- Jeon MJ, Kim BH, Lee KS, Mo SM. A survey of fast food dining out behaviors. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association 1990;28:15-28.
- Sim SS. A study on leisure functioning differences in college students. Dankook Univ. faculty research papers 1998;32:653-8.
- Lee KS. The relationship between type of leisure activity and subjective well-being. Korean Philosophical Association 2002;10:80-90.
- So HS, Suh NS, No YH. A study on knowledge, attitude and behavior related to early detection and prevention of five major cancer. J Korean Acad Nurs 2000;5:119-33.
- Ko GW, Lee DH, Lee YH, Son HS. A study on knowledge and attitude about uterine cervical screening and its utilization among women in a district of Busan city. J Korean Society of Matenal and Child Health 2002;6:93-104.