- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Proactive Dynamic Spectrum Access Method against both Erroneous Spectrum Sensing and Asynchronous Inter-Channel Spectrum Sensing
- Gu, Junrong (INHA-WiTLAB, Inha University) ;
- Jang, Sung-Jeen (INHA-WiTLAB, Inha University) ;
- Kim, Jae-Moung (INHA-WiTLAB, Inha University)
- Received : 2011.09.21
- Published : 2012.01.30
Most of the current frequency hopping (FH) based dynamic spectrum access (DSA) methods concern a reactive channel access scheme with synchronous inter-channel spectrum sensing, i.e., FH is reactively triggered by the primary user (PU)'s return reported by spectrum sensing, and the PU channel to be switched to is assumed precisely just sensed or ready to be sensed, as if the inter-channel spectrum sensing moments are synchronous. However, the inter-channel spectrum sensing moments are more likely to be asynchronous, which risks PU suffering more interference. Moreover, the spectrum sensing is usually erroneous, which renders the problem more complex. To address this problem, we propose a proactive FH based DSA method against both erroneous spectrum sensing and asynchronous inter-channel spectrum sensing (moments). We term it as proactive DSA. The optimal FH sequence is obtained by dynamic programming. The complexity is also analyzed. Finally, the simulation results confirm the effectiveness of the proposed method.
- J. Mitola III, "Cognitive radio: an integrated agent architecture for software defined radio," Ph.D. Thesis of KTH Royal Institute of Technology, 2000.
- S. Haykin, "Cognitive radio: brain-empowered wireless communications," IEEE Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 201-220, Feb. 2005.
- Q. Zhao and B. M. Sadler, "A survey of dynamic spectrum access: signal processing, networking, and regulatory policy," IEEE Signal Process. Mag., vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 79-89, May. 2007.
- S. H. Ahmad, M. Liu, T. Javidi, Q. Zhao and B. Krishnamachari, "Optimality of myopic sensing in multi-channel opportunistic access," IEEE Transaction on Information Theory, vol. 55, no. 9, pp. 4040-4050, Sep. 2009.
- Q. Zhao, L. Tong, A. Swami and Y. Chen, "Decentralized cognitive MAC for opportunistic spectrum access in ad hoc networks: A POMDP framework," IEEE Journal of Selected Areas Communication, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 589-600, Apr. 2007.
- K. Liu, Q. Zhao and B. Krishnamachari "Dynamic multichannel access with imperfect channel state detection," IEEE Transaction on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 5, pp. 2795-2808, May. 2010.
- X. Zhang and H. Su, "CREAM-MAC: Cognitive radio-enabled multi-channel MAC protocol over dynamic spectrum access networks," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics Signal Processing, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 110-123, Feb. 2011.
- H. Lee and D.-H. Cho, "Capacity improvement and analysis of VoIP service in a cognitive radio system," IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1646-1651, May. 2010.
- T. Jiang, H. Wang and Y. Zhang, "Modeling channel allocation for multimedia transmission over infrastructure based cognitive radio networks," IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 417-426, Sep. 2011.
- Y. Wu, B Wang and K.J.R. Liu, "Optimal defense against jamming attacks in cognitive radio networks using the markov decision process approach," in Proc. of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2010), Dec. 2010.
- D. I. Kim, L. Le and E. Hossain, "Joint rate and power allocation for cognitive radios in dynamic spectrum access environment," Transaction on Wireless Communication, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 5517-5527, Dec. 2008.
- L. Gao and S. Cui, "Power and rate control for delay-constrained cognitive radios via dynamic programming," IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 4819-4827, Nov. 2009.
- H. Kim and K. G. Shin, "Efficient discovery of spectrum opportunities with MAC-layer sensing in cognitive radio networks," IEEE Transaction on Mobile Computing, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 533-545, May. 2008.
- K. Yang and X. Wang, "Cross-layer network planning for multi-radio multi-channel cognitive wireless networks," IEEE Transaction on Communication, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 1705-1714, Oct. 2008.
- A. T. Hoang, Y.-C. Liang and Y. Zeng, "Adaptive joint scheduling of spectrum sensing and data transmission in cognitive radio networks," IEEE Transaction Communication, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 235-246, Jan. 2010.
- L. Yang, L. Cao and H. Zheng, "Proactive channel access in dynamic spectrum networks," Journal of Physical Communication, vol. 1, pp. 103-111, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phycom.2008.05.001
- Chengqi Song and Qian Zhang, "Sliding-window algorithm for asynchronous cooperative Sensing in wireless cognitive networks," in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp. 3432 - 3436, May. 2008.
- Cheng Tan, Qihui Wu, Guoru Ding and Fei Song, "An asynchronous cooperative spectrum sensing scheme for cognitive radio," IEEE Cross Strait Quad-Regional Radio Science and Wireless Technology Conference(CSQRWC), pp. 745-751, Jul. 2011.
- Chunxiao Jiang, Xin Ma, Canfeng Chen, Jian Ma and Yong Ren, "On searching available channels with asynchronous MAC-Layer spectrum sensing," Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers Transaction on Communication, vol. 93-B, no. 8, pp. 2113-2125, Aug. 2010.
- Q. Liang, M. Liu and D. Yuan, "Channel estimation for opportunistic spectrum access: uniform and random sensing," IEEE Transaction Mobile Computing, no. 99, 2011.
- P.A.K. Acharya, S. Singh and H. Zheng, "Reliable open spectrum communications through proactive spectrum access," in Proc. of the first international workshop on Technology and policy for accessing spectrum, Aug. 2006.
- Y. Hu, Z. Feng, Z. Wang, and J. Song "A novel triggered asynchronous spectrum sensing scheme in cognitive radio networks," IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC 2010-Fall), pp. 1-5, Sep. 2010.
- D.R. Cox, Renewal Theory. Butler and Tanner, 1967.