- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Preparation of Microspheres Encapsulating a Recombinant TIMP-1 Adenovirus and their Inhibition of Proliferation of Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells
- Xia, Dong (Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College) ;
- Yao, Hui (Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College) ;
- Liu, Qing (Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College) ;
- Xu, Liang (Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College)
- Published : 2012.12.31
Objective: The study aim was to prepare poly-DL-lactide-poly (PELA) microspheres encapsulating recombinant tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1 (TIMP-1) in an adenovirus to investigate its inhibition on the proliferation of hepatocellular carcinoma cells HepG2. Methods: Microspheres were prepared by encapsulating the recombinant TIMP-1 adenovirus into biodegradable PELA. The particle size, viral load, encapsulation efficiency and in-vitro release were measured. Microspheres were used to infect HepG2 cells, then infection efficiency was examined under a fluorescent microscope and ultrastructural changes assessed by TEM. Expression of TIMP-1 mRNA in HepG2 cells was examined by semi-quantitative RT-PCR and proliferation by MTT and cell growth curve assays. Results: We successfully prepared microspheres encapsulating recombinant TIMP-1 adenovirus with a diameter of
HCC cells;tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase;adenovirus;microsphere;gene therapy
- Zhou SB, Deng XM, Li XH (2001). Investigation on a novel core-coated microspheres protein delivery system. J Control Release, 75, 27-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0168-3659(01)00379-0
- Zhu AX (2012). Molecularly targeted therapy for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma in 2012: current status and future perspectives. Semin Oncol, 39, 493-502. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.seminoncol.2012.05.014
- Elezkurtaj S, Kopitz C, Baker AH, et al (2004). Adenovirusmediated overexpression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in the liver: efficient protection against T-cell lymphoma and colon carcinoma metastasis. J Gene Med, 6, 1228-37. https://doi.org/10.1002/jgm.637
- EI-Serag HB, Rudolph KL (2007). Hepatocellular carcinoma: epidemiology and molecular carcinogenesis. Gastroenterology, 132, 2557-76. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2007.04.061
- Hou CH, Chiang YC, Fong YC, Tang CH (2011). WISP-1 increases MMP-2 expression and cell motility in human chondrosarcoma cells. Biochemical Pharmacology, 81, 1286-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bcp.2011.03.016
- Jiang Y (2009). Aquaporin-1 activity of plasma membrane affects HT20 colon cancer cell migration. IUBMB Life, 61, 1001-9. https://doi.org/10.1002/iub.243
- Lee MH, Atkinson S, Rapti M, et al (2009). The activity of a designer tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (TIMP) -1 against native membrane type 1 matrix metalloproteinase (MT1-MMP) in a cell-based environment4. Cancer Lett, 6, 237-45.
- Rahbari NN, Mehrabi A, Mollberg NM, et al (2011). Hepatocellular carcinoma: current management and perspectives for the future. Ann Surgery, 253, 453-69. https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0b013e31820d944f
- Schalch P, Rahman GF, Patrjunas G, et al (2004). Adenoviralmediated transfer of vascular endothelial growth factor 121 cDNA enhances myocardial perfusion and exercise performance in the nonischemis state. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 127, 535-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2003.06.015
- Schwettmann L, Rudowitz D, Bendary O, et al (2011). Effect of overexpression of metalloproteinases on TIMP-1 and procollagen IV gene expression in murine liver. Exp Clin Hep, 7, 20-6. https://doi.org/10.5604/17343038.969167
- Sela-Passwell N, Trahtenherts A, Kruger A, Sagi I (2011). New opportunities in drug design of metalloproteinase inhibitors: combination between structure-function experimental approaches and systems biology. Expert Opin Drug Discov, 6, 527-42. https://doi.org/10.1517/17460441.2011.560936
- Steel JC, Cavanagh HM, Burton MA, Kalle WH (2004). Microsphere-liposome complexes protect adenoviral vectors from neutralizing antibody without losses in transfection efficiency, in vitro. J Pharm Pharmacol, 56, 1371-8. https://doi.org/10.1211/0022357044643
- Tyagi RK, Sharma PK, Vyas SP, Mehta A (2008). Various carrier system(s)-mediated genetic vaccination strategies against malaria. Expert Rev Vaccines, 7, 499-520. https://doi.org/10.1586/147605184.108.40.2069
- Van Doren SR (2011). Structural basis of extracellular matrix interactions with matrix metalloproteinases. Biology of Extracellular Matrix, 2, 123-43.
- Xia D, Wu B, Liang JQ, Yu SH (2010). Preparation of microsphere encapsulating recombinant TIMP-1 adenovirus and its inhibitory effects against hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Chinese Journal of Cancer Biotherapy, 17, 57-61.
- Xia D, Yan LN, Tong Y, et al (2005). Construction of recombinant adenoviral vector carrying human tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-1 gene and its expression in vitro. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int, 4, 259-64.
- Xia D, Zhang MM, Yan LN (2004). Recent advances in liverdirected gene transfer vectors. Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int, 3, 332-6.
- Bandapalli OR, Paul E, Schirmacher P, Brand K (2012). Opposite effects of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 (TIMP- 1) over-expression and knockdown on colorectal liver metastases. BMC Res Notes, 5, 14-20. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-5-14
- Beer SJ, Matthews CB, Stein CS, et al (1998). Poly (lacticglycolic) acid copolymer encapsulation of recombinant adenovirus reduces immunogenicity in vivo. Gene Ther, 5, 740-6. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.gt.3300647
- Benlahrech A, Harris J, Meiser A, et al (2009). Adenovirus vector vaccination induces expansion of memory CD4 T cells with a mucosal homing phenotype that are readily susceptible to HIV-1. Pro Natl Acad Sci USA, 106, 19940-5. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.0907898106
- Clark IM, Swingler TE, Sampieri CL, Edwards DR (2008). The regulation of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors. Int Biochem Cell Biol, 40, 1362-78. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocel.2007.12.006
- Das B, Banerji A, Frei E, Chatterjee A (2008). Rapid expression and activation of MMP-2 and MMP-9 upon exposure of human breast cancer cells (MCF-7) to fibronectin in serum free medium. Life Sci, 82, 467-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lfs.2007.12.013
- Microencapsulation of recombinant adenovirus within poly-DL-lactide-poly(ethylene glycol) microspheres for enhanced gene transfection efficiency and inhibitory effects on hepatocellular carcinoma cells in vitro vol.12, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3892/mmr.2015.3578