- Volume 12 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of a Scattering Model for Soybean Fields and Verification with Scatterometer and SAR Data at X-Band
- Kweon, Soon-Koo (Dept. of Electronic Information & Communication Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Hwang, Ji-Hwan (Dept. of Electronic Information & Communication Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Oh, Yi-Sok (Dept. of Electronic Information & Communication Engineering, Hongik University)
- Received : 2011.09.26
- Accepted : 2012.02.08
- Published : 2012.03.31
This paper presents a scattering model and measurements of backscattering coefficients for soybean fields. The polarimetric radar backscatters of a soybean field were measured using the ground-based X-band polarimetric scatterometer in an angular range from
Vegetation Canopy;Backscattering Coefficients;Radiative Transfer Model;Soybean Field;SAR
Supported by : NRF
- K. Sarabandi, "Monte Carlo simulation of scattering from a layer of vertical cylinders," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 465-475, Apr. 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.220978
- Y. Oh, K. Sarabandi, and F. T. Ulaby, "An empirical model and an inversion technique for radar scattering from bare soil surfaces," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, vol. 30, pp. 370-382, Mar. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/36.134086
- L. Tsang, J. A. Kong, and R. T. Shin, Theory of Microwave Remote Sensing, John Wiley and Sons, 1st edn, 1985.
- F. T. Ulaby, M. K. Moore, and A. K. Fung, Microwave Remote Sensing, Active and Passive, vol. 1, Artech House, Norwood, MA, USA, 1982.
- Y. Oh, K. Sarabandi, and F. T. Ulaby, "Semi-empirical model of the ensemble-averaged differential Mueller matrix for microwave backscattering from bare soil surfaces," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1348-1355, Jun. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2002.800232
- Y. Oh, J. Y. Hong, "Re-examination of analytical models for microwave scattering from deciduous leaves," IET Microwaves, Antennas, Propag., vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 617-623, Jun. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-map:20050081
- F. T. Ulaby, C. Elachi, Radar Polarimetry for Geoscience Applications, Artech House, Norwood, MA, USA, 1990.
- K. Sarabandi, Y. Oh, and F. T. Ulaby, "Measurement and calibration of differential Mueller Matrix of distributed targets," IEEE Trans. Antenna Propagat., vol. 40, pp. 1524-1532, Dec. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.204743
Validity Regions of Soil Moisture Retrieval on the
- A Modified Water-Cloud Model With Leaf Angle Parameters for Microwave Backscattering From Agricultural Fields vol.53, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2014.2364914
- Analysis of Backscattering Coefficients of Corn Fields Using the First-Order Vector Radiative Transfer Technique vol.25, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2014.25.4.476